Knife edge.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GB10

Reaction score
For me the club need to make a statement right now . That is to say the board .

They need to apologise for last night first off and say it was totally unacceptable.

They need to offer anyone who went last night and had proof either a refund or perhaps more likely a free ticket to the Oldham cup match ( where without that we are likely to see a really low crowd anyway)

They need to state what they intend to do to restore matters - this needs to include an explanation of what NA means by consequences.

They need to explain what the plans are for the JTW and what sort of money is available .

They need to state what the direction of our beloved club is at present .

They need to explain once and for all how the hell we are operate at a huge loss per year with our attendances and how it is that clubs with crowds of around one third of ours can produce talent that we can't.

They need to be straight here and before you all scoff and say ( quite rightly ... Yeah right....) , this time I think it's different. It's on a knife edge of total implosion and the potential loss of fan base so serious it might be a long long time and a world of pain to restore it.

They need to apologise for last night first off and say it was totally unacceptable.

They need to offer anyone who went last night and had proof either a refund or perhaps more likely a free ticket to the Oldham cup match ( where without that we are likely to see a really low crowd anyway)

They need to state what they intend to do to restore matters - this needs to include an explanation of what NA means by consequences.

They need to explain what the plans are for the JTW and what sort of money is available .

They need to explain once and for all how the hell we are operate at a huge loss per year with our attendances and how it is that clubs with crowds of around one third of ours can produce talent that we can't.

They need to be straight here and before you all scoff and say ( quite rightly ... Yeah right....) , this time I think it's different. It's on a knife edge of total implosion and the potential loss of fan base so serious it might be a long long time and a world of pain to restore it.
Don't be so precious. The club don't need to say anything. They just need to do in January what they didn't do in the summer

Big Jim has announced he will be laying low for a bit..... Wonder why?

The thing is now after that result and performance it's inevitable that Adkins will be sacked at some point, it's with a bit of a heavy heart I say it but I see no way around the issue.

I look at it like this, we might (might) beat Barnsley on Saturday as they seem as shit as us, but it's no gimme, after that with the run of fixtures to come I don't see much chance of many (if any) wins until well into January, by which point we will be in more than a possible relegation fight, but right in the mire, and somewhere during that run Adkins is going to get the bullet.

So I say if it's going to happen do it now, appoint Morgan or Deane or someone until the end of the season and with a month to go until the window opens, we may even get a few points as part of a new manager bounce which could be crucial come the relegation reckoning.

If we just let it drift for a few more weeks of loses and embarasing performances like last night then I see nothing but relegation as there is no fight in us to beat it.

It's given me no pleasure to say any of it but it is what I honestly think.

It's obvious why we make a loss every year. Wages in football are too high, attendances aren't enough to break even every year for any club. I don't think any club outside the Premier League doesn't make a loss.

That is a really great post....

If you seriously think any football club would put out a statement on transfer plans and how much money is available then you are off your head and as deluded as our piggy friends in S6, not going to happen and nor should it.

It's obvious why we make a loss every year. Wages in football are too high, attendances aren't enough to break even every year for any club. I don't think any club outside the Premier League doesn't make a loss.

One thing I've found odd for a while is the level of wages we pay. We can never offload anyone as we pay our players more than other clubs at the same level, yet you would expect the smaller clubs to have to pay higher wages to attract players.

Not sell our best player?

Think they may manage that for once...
In fairness it seemed, for once to be an intelligent move to sell Murphy. Che was supposedly ready and we'd bought Woolford.

However, what pissed me off was:
- the rushed timing
-Woolford has been shit
- Woolford had disappeared
- Che has been played in no real position - winger? Striker? What do they want him to be?
Che's wasn't managed properly, hence the poor discipline
- it was too late to spend the Murphy money where we needed it.

One thing I've found odd for a while is the level of wages we pay. We can never offload anyone as we pay our players more than other clubs at the same level, yet you would expect the smaller clubs to have to pay higher wages to attract players.
The problem is that we buy most players on their way down, we need to buy players on the way up as well. Che and Kieran Wallace are the only two which we've brought 'up' recently.

We need players from this division which we develop. Even MaGahey, despite being a development player is taking a step back.

Baxter is about the only other saleable asset, but no side in the championship will touch him until he's consistent

If you seriously think any football club would put out a statement on transfer plans and how much money is available then you are off your head and as deluded as our piggy friends in S6, not going to happen and nor should it.
Not impressed with that and think you've been a bit off there ... Anyway that aside I am asking for some respect from the club. Some kind of statement that has an apology in it .
In my line of business if I treat my paying customers like shit the very least they will expect is an explanation as to what's going off.
If they don't like or believe it then they have the option of not coming back .

Not impressed with that and think you've been a bit off there ... Anyway that aside I am asking for some respect from the club. Some kind of statement that has an apology in it .
In my line of business if I treat my paying customers like shit the very least they will expect is an explanation as to what's going off.
We're not customers, were fans. I don't buy my season ticket and expect wins, I buy it to support the team.

It's not a product I need in my life, they're not offering a service which guarantees or even promises satisfaction. We're Sheffield United, we play in red and white and not one person here has seen us win the FA, league cup up div 1 title.

Occasionally things work out better and we make a semi final.... And that's it.

Will an apology make things right ? No so fuckin man up and stop playing the hurt victim the best way the club can put things right is to start winning football matches not giving out meaningless apologies to cry babies.

We're not customers, were fans. I don't buy my season ticket and expect wins, I buy it to support the team.

It's not a product I need in my life, they're not offering a service which guarantees or even promises satisfaction. We're Sheffield United, we play in red and white and not one person here has seen us win the FA, league cup up div 1 title.

Occasionally things work out better and we make a semi final.... And that's it.
I take your point to a point mate .

I like you don't buy my ST expecting or demanding wins.

I do however buy it expecting /demanding 100percent effort and commitment and hoping for a modicum of entertainment .

The whole fans or customers debate is interesting. For me whatever you believe in that respect if you feel you've been failed to an unacceptable level you can ask ( hope) for an explanation

I take your point to a point mate .

I like you don't buy my ST expecting or demanding wins.

I do however buy it expecting /demanding 100percent effort and commitment and hoping for a modicum of entertainment .

The whole fans or customers debate is interesting. For me whatever you believe in that respect if you feel you've been failed to an unacceptable level you can ask ( hope) for an explanation
Demanding money back though? It's all a bit daft.

We've been shit this season, but a midseason inquest just serves to make things worse. Jim Phipps took to Facebook exactly a month ago and he blamed Clough for all the failings, even the Paris attacks and they hadn't even happened.

How has it helped? It hasn't. Giving a £20 refund to 15,000 fans or whatever won't do anything. Will it make you happy for the defeat? If George long popped in and apologised with a £20 note would you be content? No of course not.

Last night is done for me, best thing they can do is say nothing, bring out a red and white kit and use the white away kit at Barnsley.... Then smash Barnsley to bits.

It will paper the cracks of course but it's also a start...

Demanding money back though? It's all a bit daft.

We've been shit this season, but a midseason inquest just serves to make things worse. Jim Phipps took to Facebook exactly a month ago and he blamed Clough for all the failings, even the Paris attacks and they hadn't even happened.

How has it helped? It hasn't. Giving a £20 refund to 15,000 fans or whatever won't do anything. Will it make you happy for the defeat? If George long popped in and apologised with a £20 note would you be content? No of course not.

Last night is done for me, best thing they can do is say nothing, bring out a red and white kit and use the white away kit at Barnsley.... Then smash Barnsley to bits.

It will paper the cracks of course but it's also a start...
Made me laugh that genuinely !!

Obviously we see it differently so will leave it there .

All the best

"Last night is done for me, best thing they can do is say nothing, bring out a red and white kit and use the white away kit at Barnsley...."

Fuckin like..

Said this last night. Get rid of that fucking white kit abortion.

whats the point in that when nobody believes what the board says anyway !

"Last night is done for me, best thing they can do is say nothing, bring out a red and white kit and use the white away kit at Barnsley...."

Fuckin like..

Said this last night. Get rid of that fucking white kit abortion.
Yep we always go to shite when we make a change away from the red n white stripes, it's bad luck I tell thee.

Don't be so precious. The club don't need to say anything. They just need to do in January what they didn't do in the summer
So we need to spend millions to ensure that we finish 8th instead of 18th?

No point. Save it for the summer

So we need to spend millions to ensure that we finish 8th instead of 18th?

No point. Save it for the summer
Millions? No I hope not. Hopefully we'll buy right from this division and the players will have already gelled by next season

Millions? No I hope not. Hopefully we'll buy right from this division and the players will have already gelled by next season
Fine, but who's to say we won't have a new manager by the start of next season who will again want to build his own team? It's a never ending cycle of fuck ups at Sheffield United

Back
Top Bottom