Kieron Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
Possibly an unpopular opinion but I'm glad we kept him and got rid of Brayford. I said all summer I wouldn't have got rid and I think he's proving me right. As good a player if not better, younger and if you ask me he looked more committed yesterday than Brayford has since Clough left the club.

Top marks yesterday, was blowing out of his arse after 70 (fitness will come) but he's bulked up and looks a bit of a nasty bastardo with this new hairdo and beard combo. Can anyone honestly tell me John Brayford is better than the Freeman we saw yesterday? Cos I doubt it

Basham and Whiteman to cover, I see Whiteman was training with the defenders yesterday so thats interesting.

Well done KF, positions yours to lose.

There's been threads started about most players yesterday.

Wouldn't the forum police say they belong in the post match comments?

I'm sure freeman played well yesterday, can't comment, from what i've seen of him in the past he looks a better attacking option than defensive, which I like. However, it will come with issues if he gets up against decent wingers (unlikely in this division)

But, lets not kid ourselves. Brayford on his day is a much better player than Freeman.

Freeman should be fine for a while at Right back, certainly for this season.

Hope now he's bulked up he ditches the hat and gloves in early autumn .technically good lacks heart .

I'm sure freeman played well yesterday, can't comment, from what i've seen of him in the past he looks a better attacking option than defensive, which I like. However, it will come with issues if he gets up against decent wingers (unlikely in this division)

But, lets not kid ourselves. Brayford on his day is a much better player than Freeman.

Well he was up against Chris Maguire and more then held his own. Will he face many better players than Chris Maguire in league 1? I'm doubtful

Yes but unfortunately that day was 'Saint Nigel of Clough's Day'

Forget about Brayford, he hasn't wanted to be here for about 18 months.

Not arguing about where Brayford does or doesn't want to be. Just the quality of player.

Freeman is technically good, useful going forward, combative and always does well in one on one battles. I definitely wouldn't say he lacks heart, he's pretty wholehearted on the pitch. I'm just not sure he's got the mentality to really be consistent and reach his potential. I also think he lacks concentration defensively, if he's in the team for more than the odd game he will make some costly mistakes... bit like the last right back.

He didn't show anything yesterday that he's not shown before. I've seen him play better. He will get better as his match fitness improves, but then it's about being consistent. If we sign Craig Morgan maybe he'll help him out a lot.

He's not forced to stay in the team anyway, as long as we sign a midfielder then Basham can move to RB if he's not up to it.

The thing is, I don't think Brayfords day is coming back. You can only allow for injuries for so long before it becomes apparent that he's a spent force. I think Wilder should work on that basis when his loan spell is up.

The thing is, I don't think Brayfords day is coming back. You can only allow for injuries for so long before it becomes apparent that he's a spent force. I think Wilder should work on that basis when his loan spell is up.

While personally I would have persevered with him I think we should have sold him if he wasn't in Tuftys plans.

Kieron will be a decent back up to Basham at /rb once we sign a decent centre midfielder

Interestingly I didn't think he bombed forward as much yesterday
If we are going to persist with him I would prefer that Wilder works on his defensive side first and once that improves he can push on more

I think he'll have a good season at Burton A if i'm honest.

I don't really dispute the saving that we made by loaning him to Burton, however, the point was made that Freeman was better than Brayford and i'd disagree with that except to say that Brayford on a very poor day is perhaps on a par with freeman on his good day.

dannysufc_ sorry i don't know who Maguire is and didn't see him yesterday so can't comment on how good he is, but i'll take your word that he's a good winger in this division. Not disputing that Freeman is reasonable, but i think he's more prone to bad days than good ones.

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I'm glad we kept him and got rid of Brayford. I said all summer I wouldn't have got rid and I think he's proving me right. As good a player if not better, younger and if you ask me he looked more committed yesterday than Brayford has since Clough left the club.

Top marks yesterday, was blowing out of his arse after 70 (fitness will come) but he's bulked up and looks a bit of a nasty bastardo with this new hairdo and beard combo. Can anyone honestly tell me John Brayford is better than the Freeman we saw yesterday? Cos I doubt it

Basham and Whiteman to cover, I see Whiteman was training with the defenders yesterday so thats interesting.

Well done KF, positions yours to lose.

Some would see it as unpopular danny - depends which element of his game you consider is important to a RB.

Freeman is a nice, skilful footballer when going forward. For all Brayfords qualities, I thought his final ball into the box, on the whole were poor. It was noticeable, that Freeman pulled the ball back very well for Scoogs to score v Millwall.

I think the issue with most, is can Freeman defend? Isn't that the pre-requisite of a RB?

Freeman could be much better with a good quality CH at the side of him - one thing is certain, we can't change every player in the team, so it's up to CW & AK to work on his defensive qualities over the next few weeks/months and see if he can improve the defensive side of his game.

UTB

We need a new right back Freemans as big a liability as Long was and mark my words he,ll cost us.
Move Oconnel to left back
Still need a hard core centre back

Oh for the days when a right back was a right back and didn't have to bother getting forward. Gary Neville managed to be one in the most successful side in recent history yet people still seem obsessed with a right back who can defend and attack. I remember when our full backs were judged on their ability to kick a ball down the sideline into the corners without it going out (Nilsen & Gage) come to mind.

Anywhere Clough is Brayford will perform he's Cloughs love child got to be

I think he'll have a good season at Burton A if i'm honest.

I don't really dispute the saving that we made by loaning him to Burton, however, the point was made that Freeman was better than Brayford and i'd disagree with that except to say that Brayford on a very poor day is perhaps on a par with freeman on his good day.

dannysufc_ sorry i don't know who Maguire is and didn't see him yesterday so can't comment on how good he is, but i'll take your word that he's a good winger in this division. Not disputing that Freeman is reasonable, but i think he's more prone to bad days than good ones.
Brayford's worth to the team has to be judged on what he can offer today. Maybe he can recapture his form from a couple of years ago; maybe the injuries have done for him. If we are assessing players relative merits solely on peak ability Bobby Charlton would still be turning out for Manchester United (and no doubt we would be getting Deano to pull his boots on!).

Brayford is playing through what looks to me like a career threatening knee injury.

Any chance we could show OUR player a bit of fucking respect ??

And Freeman, who I do rate, is not at the level Brayford has shown in the past. Not even close.

UTB

Why on Earth are we advocating Basham at full back?
Based on this thread "we" aren't advocating Basham at all, I am. It's based on the fact that he's a utility player who can cover full back, centre back or centre mid. I'm hoping we sign a proper centre midfield player and Basham played well last year at right back, certainly better than Brayford. He's better in the air than Freeman and probably physically stronger. Freeman can make a decent cover player for when Basham gets suspended. Next question.

Back
Top Bottom