Kieron Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
Special mention.

Been unreal since we signed him for me, and from what I've seen/heard from pre season he's carried on in exactly the same vein.

When we signed him, many, me included thought 'good backup for Brayford' - how wrong were we?
He's overtook him, even when fit Brayford is going to struggle to get back in the side.

Fantastic player and only going to get better.

Top marks.

Deserves his own smiley.

Preferably one where he looks like he's got a dental abcess.
R5v97BO.jpg

When Brayford is back they'll probably push him to LB I reckon. That or Brayford to CB perhaps. Either way I agree, he's quality.

Don't think he deserves to be pushed onto the wrong side, nor do I really think Harris is a weakness.
I think it'll just become a straight fight at right back or like you say Brayford at centre half - which I think he could do.

Been a revelation. Since that Coventry home game he seems to have had confidence bubbling through his blood stream. And he's even a goal threat these days!

Added to all that: top haircut & improving beard.

I agree he's quality as well. First interview I saw with him on SheffieldUtube last season, I thought he came across like he didn't give a toss but then I realised from later ones he did that he just obviously doesn't like being interviewed.

He's a top kid, the whole thing with Clough and his wages is forgotten now. Don't forget he is supporting a 2 child family at his age, he's going to want the best wage he can get.

I imagine there was a bit of a push down from either side, and they were able to come to an agreement. so glad they did.

At the end of the season before last we should have signed him and forgot about Brayford. Far cheaper, just as good.

I agree he's quality as well. First interview I saw with him on SheffieldUtube last season, I thought he came across like he didn't give a toss but then I realised from later ones he did that he just obviously doesn't like being interviewed.

He seems very shy/self-conscious (which contrasts heavily with his confidence on the pitch these days).
Quite charming in a way.

Very different is Conor Sammon, who comes across extremely articulately.

He seems very shy/self-conscious (which contrasts heavily with his confidence on the pitch these days).
Quite charming in a way.

Very different is Conor Sammon, who comes across extremely articulately.

I think a lot of that comes with age, experience and so on, too.
Freeman is a good lad and a full back capable of higher divisions - gives us good strength in that area

Never had any doubts about signing him. I thought he was a very good prospect in his initial loan spell. Great bit of pace and looks to overlap at every chance. Couple of neat skills/quick footwork when needed as well. Sure he could do with some improvement on the defensive side of his game but he's still young. His defensive issues relate more to his positioning, something that will come with 1st team football and experience. I never understood those who were disappointed with his arrival initially, he is far from being as good as Brayford but a very able and adequate replacement at this level while the Beard is out. Looking forward to seeing him develop into a good pacey overlapping full back. Hopefully he will look to Bray and emulate his style of play.

Glad that he's doing well, I was a fan of his during his loan spell and was disappointed we didn't get him last summer when it became clear that Cardiff weren't going to sell Brayford.

That's done now and he's here, and I'm glad! His career stagnated a bit after his impressive displays with Mansfield & Notts County on loan and the move to Derby didn't really work out at all, neither Clough or McLaren played him much which is why I found it odd that he seemed so keen to link up with Clough again.

He's a good defender and he's growing in confidence going forward more with each game. He reminds me of Lowton in a few ways, his versatility, his positional sense which has also improved vastly, and he's got a decent strike on him! That's 3 good finishes he's had since he came back now, all goals which any striker would be proud to have.

Weird for an irishman.
They're normally expleting and going 'top o the morning to ye' at every opportunity, or every time they take their whiskey bottle from their lips anyway.

Nah, that's just James McClean. In between his pro-IRA rants & misty-eyed renditions of timeless folksongs.

Always liked him from his first spell,and first noticed him playing against us behind Jam for County...and he impressed me that day.Offers loads going forward,comfortable on the ball...maybe can improve defensively,but I can live with that...I like Brayford aswell,but KF is there on merit so far..Infact I can't remember him having a poor game to be fair.

At the end of the season before last we should have signed him and forgot about Brayford. Far cheaper, just as good.
Freemans ok but he's not in the same class as Brayford don't get carried away.

Freemans ok but he's not in the same class as Brayford don't get carried away.
He's as good as him, people are just blinded by their Brayford crushes. We paid far too much for a player we didn't need.

He was cracking towards the end of last season and seems to have continued in the same vein.

With brayford out for a while, he's got a chance to really establish himself in the side. Plus he's versatile enough to play further forward too.

Him and Harris provide a decent goal threat too from full back.

Don't think he deserves to be pushed onto the wrong side, nor do I really think Harris is a weakness.
I think it'll just become a straight fight at right back or like you say Brayford at centre half - which I think he could do.
Nothing wrong with Harris, I just think they'll be competing for LB.

He's one of many who seems to have come back stronger and eager to impress and relishing life under the new manager. This includes some players who most of us had completely written off, like McFadzean, McEveley, JCR and Collins. Even Baxter looks like a new player, so much quicker and fitter. Maybe the failed drug test thing was a blessing in disguise? We've got Wallace coming back as well, and I've not lost faith in Scougall or Reed. Some more youngsters have also done well and may have a part to play. Great to hear Khan did well yesterday, and I look forward to seeing more of Diego and DCL too.

Despite the injuries, we look very strong. I've been sceptical about signing Sharp, as I've struggled to see the side becoming good enough to dominate teams to the extent that we can accomodate a poacher. But maybe pieces are falling into place and we will be able to be a bit like our first season in League One, where we just had too much for most teams. Am I being too optimistic?

I think people are forgetting Brayford's impact on and off the pitch. We should forget last season because nearly every player was out of position and we made countless changes every week. Brayford himself spent most of his time at centre half..
When Brayford is back to full fitness, and hopefully playing in a good side, we'll be reminded of his passion and drive he gives us down that right flank, IMO. :)

I think people are forgetting Brayford's impact on and off the pitch. We should forget last season because nearly every player was out of position and we made countless changes every week. Brayford himself spent most of his time at centre half..
When Brayford is back to full fitness, and hopefully playing in a good side, we'll be reminded of his passion and drive he gives us down that right flank, IMO. :)

Freeman looks so comfortable on the ball and so skilful, yet very competetive, maybe he could be used in midfield, possibly in front of Brayford.

Back
Top Bottom