CONFIRMED Kieran Wallace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes, he's the one we went to look at originally I think.

Ah, interesting. So Adams was a bonus then? Interesting times at t'Lane, and the loan of O'Grady might bring more threat upfront. I sense COG will be a real nuisance for the opposition, so I'm curious to see how his presence will allow other players to respond to what he can do.

From the Derby Telegraph, quoting Ilkeston Manager, Kevin Wilson (presumably the ex Derby Striker)

"Kieran contacted the club during pre-season after being released by Nottingham Forest and after impressing in raining, he played during pre season and worked his way into the first team squad," said Wilson.

A man for all seasons, apparently ;)

A Forest fan's view from a couple of years ago:

KIERAN WALLACE

Position: Midfield

Born: JAN ’95 (1st year)

International honours: England u16s and u17s

Kieran has been at the club since the age of 8 after being part of Forest’s grassroots system and is originally from Bingham. He was a regular as an u16 last season with the u18’s and actually tied for top goalscorer along with Bamford in the academy league. On his u18 debut he scored a 13-minute hat trick off the bench against Leeds United. Kieran has a great technique and a great left foot and often plays just off the striker but this season they have preferred for him to play slightly deeper in the centre of midfield. Kieran’s greatest qualities is his awareness and crisp passing. Has also has a great ability to sneak in around the back post for a goal which not many midfielders can claim to have. Played in the senior pre-season friendly against Northampton. Like Lawrence Gorman, he won the Victory Shield and Montague tournament in France last year with England u16s.

Another Forest fan said:

"Also read rumours kieran Wallace will be going which is a shame, but I don't blame him after he spent most of this season not being picked with Mark and Joedan Davies being selected ahead if him... Now I wonder who they are related to..."

I assume he meant Billy Davies.

I recall when Southampton had 6 Wallaces playing for them in the 80s (Rodney,Ray etc)

Interesting one at this stage of the season...will he get game time?, is he good enough? (bearing in mind Clough's frequent references to only bring in players who are better than what we've got!!!) and what does this mean for the likes of McGinn/Cuvelier...perhaps he's 'another one for the future'...

When they make their debuts to we chant 'SCAB' or don't they count?

Back
Top Bottom