Khaki Cup Final - Players' Daughters Video on YouTube

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This
http://www.footballandthefirstworldwar.org/1915-fa-cup-final-2/
is a nice summary of the events of that day - have to say I love some of the journalism quoted, eat your heart out Shield, it just makes you realise the utter garbage we are fed these days and how low our own expectations are. I also love the attitude of Utley wouldn't it be great to have that spirit around today? Despite this though I do see some strange echoes in this report of things at the club today, could we use this as some kind of inspiration to finally get ourselves out of this league?

I couldn't agree more Paulus. I read the report before I read your post. As I was reading it I thought that maybe the club have seen the importance of embracing the spirit of the club that existed in those days.

If each player and member of staff really understood what it means to be a Blade then it could increase performance by several % points and lead to future days when we are beating the likes of Chelsea 3-0.

It's only a token but the use of a kit from 1889 could be an inspiration to what we were like in those days.

Excellent article. To be fair to James Shield he remarked yesterday what a 'special' club the Blades are.

Back
Top Bottom