Just booked my London hotel for 24th May

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Booked mine ages ago.

I'm not being cocky, not being bolshy, not a grunter nob, nor am I overly confident we'll get there. Just being ultra prepared.

It's a lot cheaper than paying coach/train travel for 4 of us.

And it's cancellable free of charge! :D

Me too Billy. fox and Goose if we get there and a hotel in the Yorkshire Dales if we don't. Hopefully, I will be cancelling the latter.

Me too Billy. fox and Goose if we get there and a hotel in the Yorkshire Dales if we don't. Hopefully, I will be cancelling the latter.
Looks good that mate.

Ours was cheaper though! :)
Northolt Travelodge £54 family room, apparently 1 tube stop from wembley

I'll be booking. As said above can generally cancel for free. I dont ever want to do the journey back again pissed off and depressed after defeat. I want to get bladdered as soon as practically possible and not have to worry about getting home.

I have booked for us and family to be in London for 2 days; Sun and Mon night regardless of whether we get there or not. Got a week off work and said we would take in a show if Blades don't get there. Got a great deal on a 5 star hotel right near St Pauls. Travel down from Donny on the Sunday to get in lunchtime; Kick off 5pm for £30 for me and the lad.

soun
Looks good that mate.

Ours was cheaper though! :)
Northolt Travelodge £54 family room, apparently 1 tube stop from wembley
sounds like a bargain for that neck of the woods. unfortunately mrs blade.she.is not a big fan of Travelodge. Personally, i only need somewhere reasonably safe to fall over when paralytic.

I have booked for us and family to be in London for 2 days; Sun and Mon night regardless of whether we get there or not. Got a week off work and said we would take in a show if Blades don't get there. Got a great deal on a 5 star hotel right near St Pauls. Travel down from Donny on the Sunday to get in lunchtime; Kick off 5pm for £30 for me and the lad.

I expect a full report whether there's been a game or not.

soun

sounds like a bargain for that neck of the woods. unfortunately mrs blade.she.is not a big fan of Travelodge. Personally, i only need somewhere reasonably safe to fall over when paralytic.
I'm not fussed on Travelodge. Stay in too many with work but theres a free car park and a pub next door for post-match shenanigans!

London is a great city to get away from the bitter loss in the play off semi's. It's a bank holiday weekend so no doubt it'll be busy in the City. Probably best to avoid North London with all them Swindon and Chesterfield fans

Booked mine ages ago.

I'm not being cocky, not being bolshy, not a grunter nob, nor am I overly confident we'll get there. Just being ultra prepared.

It's a lot cheaper than paying coach/train travel for 4 of us.

And it's cancellable free of charge! :D

A man after my own heart! Booking.com is the one I use. Got a half decent gaff for me and a mate in Crystal Palace for £30 each :D

I might feel a sting if I have to cancel my booking, but you never know...

Got a week off work and said we would take in a show if Blades don't get there.

So in summary, you're either taking in a show of static characters, play-acting and a sense of optimism that's never quite achieved, where you already know how it will end before you go and the only good bit is the singing....

or going to the theatre :)

London is a great city to get away from the bitter loss in the play off semi's. It's a bank holiday weekend so no doubt it'll be busy in the City. Probably best to avoid North London with all them Swindon and Chesterfield fans

Will you be crossing the Greater London threshold if we are in attendance Swizzler?

Booked in the same hotel as for Hull game. It's my lucky hotel. We scored 3 times at Wembley the last time I stayed there!

Nice. (the name for your missus that is. Not actually your missus. Not that your missus isn't nice - I'm sure she is. But not that way. Well maybe that way but I wouldn't want to get in to any bother.....)
no offence taken. Although she started her football watching career at Everton in the early 70s with her dad, since moving to Sheffield in 1978 she has suffered at the Lane long enough to be awarded an honorary Bladeship. By the way did I mention the kids; Mr and the 2 Misses Blades.they.are?

no offence taken. Although she started her football watching career at Everton in the early 70s with her dad, since moving to Sheffield in 1978 she has suffered at the Lane long enough to be awarded an honorary Bladeship. By the way did I mention the kids; Mr and the 2 Misses Blades.they.are?
Sounds a bit like my family:

My parents - stringsenior and Mrs stringsenior
My brother and family - string, Mrs string, master string and miss string
My wife and kids - mrs stringjunior, miss stringjunior and little miss stringjunior

My wife and kids - mrs stringjunior, miss stringjunior and little miss stringjunior

I could do something similar with the HB Family, but have to confess that it would also include The Chuckles-in-Law. Thankfully Mrs HB saw sense from an early age.

This is one thread you won't find on "Dingle Forum", the family relationships being as "complicated" as they are there..

Billyblade Having seen where you've booked changed my booking to there. Free parking, £55 a night, free cancellation, seems silly not to make plans.

I feel like I need to apologise in advance for the noise fella!!

When my kids were younger they took a trip to a monastery and took a vow of loudness!

You'll spot my youngest. He'll be the one singing "Shoreham boys we are here, *mumble,mumble*. . . . drink your beer, wooooah!"

Back
Top Bottom