Julian Banton U21's

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tyler Durden

Well Loved Icon
Reaction score
A strong display from our captain and centre half today in more ways than one. Not only is he built like a tank but his postional sense was excellent on the whole, picking up and clearing every dangerous ball into the area, tackled strongly and timely as well.
Definitely in the same mould as Morgs potentially as far as I'm concerned. Could very well be just what we need in that position in the near future.

A strong display from our captain and centre half today in more ways than one. Not only is he built like a tank but his postional sense was excellent on the whole, picking up and clearing every dangerous ball into the area, tackled strongly and timely as well.
Definitely in the same mould as Morgs potentially as far as I'm concerned. Could very well be just what we need in that position in the near future.

Did you get a good look at his knees?

I agree. He was the best player on the pitch in my opinion. Didn't lose a challenge, strong, got forward and read the ball well.

I would be hoping he is involved in the first team soon for some experience at a more competitive level. Would be surprised if he doesn't make it.

I liked the look of him but David Hirst's son is built like my sister and didn't give him much to do.
That's the first time I've seen him and I was impressed but I'd like to see him again before I compared him to Morgan

He looks a good prospect. Would be good for him to get some football at a first team level.

Wouldn't have minded him playing tomorrow.

Too many mistakes at his level yet - he's still a long way to go to learn his trade. He's big and strong, but technicality not quite there yet.

I'd like to see him out on loan along with a few of the others.

Too many mistakes at his level yet - he's still a long way to go to learn his trade. He's big and strong, but technicality not quite there yet.

I'd like to see him out on loan along with a few of the others.
who are we going to loan them to though? we're already in the third division (old money)

who are we going to loan them to though? we're already in the third division (old money)
Fourth division clubs. If they're not good enough for the fourth division then they're not good enough.
They should never have scrapped the reserves and brought in the u-21s league. Complete waste of time. Not in any way competitive. We're having to loan players to semi-pro leagues just so they can get experience of being kicked by a thirty year old and being booed from the sidelines.
U-21s is a fucking cotton wool league.
EPPP is a total fucking disaster.

Has he got potential to make the professional grade Daz?

He does. Certainly physically, but has plenty to learn mentally as do all players at that age. The challenge is when he plays against players who are stronger than he is.

yeah i bet he'd be dead chuffed with that

Why wouldn't he be? It's not supposed to be easy.

Not too bad a standard. Not that different to L2 in some respects, particularly the top end sides.

Are Halifax part time? If so, it should be possible for him to keep doing a couple of days training with us. Going on loan is good for experience but I doubt many clubs in L2 or the Conference have coaches as good as ours.

Noticed Hamilton came on for our U21s despite being on loan so can see that being very much the case.

Back
Top Bottom