JCR

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Trafford

Reaction score
JCR summed himself up perfectly in a 2 minute spell on Saturday. First he got down the line, crossed but he clearly hadnt looked up because there were only blue & white shirts in the box. Then he took his man on, beat him and unintentionally kicked the ball 20 yards in front of himself when all he had to do was put it into the box. Classic JCR.

Even he admits he does not know what he is going to do next.

Which you can't call as boring as the rest of the team and which does wrongfoot opposing defenders. He is the Only thing you can call entertainment for your £20. He actually tries to go forward.

The rest of them are soooooo boringly bad , I want to go to sleep.

JCR summed himself up perfectly in a 2 minute spell on Saturday. First he got down the line, crossed but he clearly hadnt looked up because there were only blue & white shirts in the box. Then he took his man on, beat him and unintentionally kicked the ball 20 yards in front of himself when all he had to do was put it into the box. Classic JCR.

Hey Trafford , sorry we disagree on JCR ! If you ever want some Blades chat over a pint , I live near the Belmore Hotel on Brooklands Road.

What I don't get about JCR is he must know he can't cross, so why not square it or knock it back more.

Beats his man easily so we should be training on midfielders anticipating a knock back or strikers stopping their run for one.

He had two ops to cross on Saturday and it just went wrong when he done the hard bit. Maybe it just confuses him.

What I don't get about JCR is he must know he can't cross, so why not square it or knock it back more.

Beats his man easily so we should be training on midfielders anticipating a knock back or strikers stopping their run for one.

He had two ops to cross on Saturday and it just went wrong when he done the hard bit. Maybe it just confuses him.
Think he goes fishing for set pieces a fair amount too, which is a good trait to have when the midfield can't be arsed to make it onto the end of anything in open play.

If he can't cross, why not ask him to try cutting inside and getting into the box? Might get a few penalties that way.

Think he goes fishing for set pieces a fair amount too, which is a good trait to have when the midfield can't be arsed to make it onto the end of anything in open play.

That;s the other issue, the only players who should be running on from midfield for a cutback are Hammond and Basham. I will stop there

I don't think it's all down to the fact that he can't cross. I think his biggest problem is tactical naivety. He shows signs of individual quality with his dribbling but he seems to have no awareness of teammates making runs around him. That's why he and Brayford don't make an effective partnership down the right.

I'd still play him or Adams down the left though because at least they have a bit of an x factor which can cause teams problems.

He hates the pigs. And he's a genuinely exciting player.

Which pretty much puts him into a category of his own amongst this shower.

Maybe wingers at the lane have to have criticism, set out in their contract. I recall Paul Ifill getting a lot of criticism in a season where he contributed to 20 goals and United got promoted.

I'd be happy for JCR to start for the duration of our 'run-in' to mid-table mediocrity. He knows that he'll be out of the door come the summer but his attitude is excellent. At least he gets me off my feet every now and then with a bit of skill on the wing.
His end product is shite most of the time but he's hardly got a big number 9 to aim for has he?

Maybe wingers at the lane have to have criticism, set out in their contract. I recall Paul Ifill getting a lot of criticism in a season where he contributed to 20 goals and United got promoted.

Trifle was my favourite player at the time but he had end product (after a few tries!). If he's been more consistent, he'd have been playing at a higher level without a doubt.

JCR is at his most dangerous when he runs into the box but he doesn't do it very often and wastes too many final balls from good positions. He's a highly experienced winger and could / should do better. That aside, it's worrying that people rush to his defense despite acknowledging that he's not very good. What have we come to?!

He's good on the ball but he's not a good footballer. He's brainless and plays for himself.

JCR is a mediocre League One player at his very best.

If we are pinning our hopes on JCR then we have serious problems within the club.

His attitude might be first class, he might be quick and unpredictable, but he still isn't anywhere near good enough for the Blades.

Back
Top Bottom