JCR interview on Sheffield Live

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ballyblade

Reaction score
Jam was on Sheffield Live, interviewed by Alan Biggs.....Asked what he thought of the pigs, came straight out and said "I HATE THEM", said it about three times, Said the pigs always gave him stick when he played for dingles and others and said he felt privileged to be at United. On Pos Nige, he says he loving it and that Nige is the first manager he's ever played for that applauds a wayward pass! He encourages them to go out and express themselves, so if something doesn't come off he doesn't get on their back.

Would love to hear that interview, can anyone provide a link? :)

Link please?
Can anyone provide a link? :)
78364766_XS.jpg

"Nige is the first manager he's ever played for that applauds a wayward pass! He encourages them to go out" - Wow! I would have thought we stand more of a chance of scoring if they actually stay in, but what do I know ;-)

As much as I rate JCR, he's one of the most frustrating players we've had in a while.

He's got great pace, particularly over a short distance and other than Murphy, hes probably the best at getting past his man in all the time since we came down, absolutely quality player.

But he frustrates me and probably strikers in two ways:
- beats his man with ease, but then doubles back and beats him again, which means he has to beat him a third time or go backwards to get a decent ball in.
- his crossing is often wayward, not worth applauding, often his cross is that late that the striker in the box has already made the run to beat his man that JCR has no option but to go back or out a crap ball in

JCR will always be a player to have a run of form and then lose his consistency, that's why players like freeman are also valuable down the wing, because they offer a different option and get the ball in the box.

Personally I'd rather the winger flashed a dozen balls in early so that the good strikers we have can make the runs to meet the balls.

As much as I rate JCR, he's one of the most frustrating players we've had in a while.

He's got great pace, particularly over a short distance and other than Murphy, hes probably the best at getting past his man in all the time since we came down, absolutely quality player.

But he frustrates me and probably strikers in two ways:
- beats his man with ease, but then doubles back and beats him again, which means he has to beat him a third time or go backwards to get a decent ball in.
- his crossing is often wayward, not worth applauding, often his cross is that late that the striker in the box has already made the run to beat his man that JCR has no option but to go back or out a crap ball in

JCR will always be a player to have a run of form and then lose his consistency, that's why players like freeman are also valuable down the wing, because they offer a different option and get the ball in the box.

Personally I'd rather the winger flashed a dozen balls in early so that the good strikers we have can make the runs to meet the balls.

If he could get a decent cross in every time Swizzler, then he wouldn't be in the third.

But yeah, frustrating how he has to beat his man about 3 times. Took a mate to the QPR cup game last season, and at HT he mentioned this. What made it hilarious of course is that even when he had the open goal for our third, he still tried to beat defender and keeper several times before poking the ball home, in typical JCR style!

For anyone interested, Alan Biggs promises to post a link to the interview on his Twitter this afternoon.

JCR is exactly the type of player that at least should be in the subs bench.

He's very inconsistent but at least he's capable of being a match winner.

Hence why it made no sense when NC loaned him out to Notts County last season.

Aldo its great that Adkins understand his inconsistency but keeps encouraging him even after his mistakes because eventually he will produce moments of class.

At least out on the wing his errors aren't too damaging so we're right to covert the good parts of his game.

If JCR was consistent he would be a top end Championship winger.... I like him as a player, infuriating at times but if he wasn't, he wouldn't be playing for us at this level.

If he could get a decent cross in every time Swizzler, then he wouldn't be in the third.

But yeah, frustrating how he has to beat his man about 3 times. Took a mate to the QPR cup game last season, and at HT he mentioned this. What made it hilarious of course is that even when he had the open goal for our third, he still tried to beat defender and keeper several times before poking the ball home, in typical JCR style!

And that game was his best for us and a really great display from him, he just had a stormer

If you think JCR is frustrating just think what it was like watching Beagrie. He could go past people easily and would then go back for another go. It must be the make-up of a winger to be really frustrating. Glyn Hodges was the same.

On what basis? Flynn scores more, provides more assists and is a better defender when not in possession.

Flynn scored once in 30 odd league games last season. He has 10 in 4 seasons.

JCR scored 4 in 19 games.

I don't know the exact assist figures but you're flat out wrong.

Flynn does something creative about once every 6 weeks.

If you think JCR is frustrating just think what it was like watching Beagrie. He could go past people easily and would then go back for another go. It must be the make-up of a winger to be really frustrating. Glyn Hodges was the same.

I wonder if a part of it is that wingers are often running with the ball at speed, and hence have less control of it. CMs for example are rarely running full tilt with the ball, and hence a higher %age of passes/crossfield balls come off.

Yeah but at least Hodges could "chin 'em" if they blocked his crosses or took the ball off him... apparently he'd haven given Tyson and Holmes (together) a tough bout if given the chance...

I wonder if a part of it is that wingers are often running with the ball at speed, and hence have less control of it. CMs for example are rarely running full tilt with the ball, and hence a higher %age of passes/crossfield balls come off.

A decent winger should be able to weight the ball properly as he goes past his man so that he and the ball is slowing down as he puts the cross in... too many try to welly the ball across instead of a looped "pass" and it therefore often comes off their boot too full, or on the outside of the boot and ends up going anywhere. At speed they are also slicing at the ball (because of lack of balance and their body catching up with the swinging leg) rather than arcing the leg around the ball... like a golfer - they should be trying to play a "draw" but end up with a "slice" action. It staggers me when i see the poor quality of crossing, corners, etc that modern premiership players display.... its something they don't appear to practise at all.

(crossing, tackling and passing - and shouting - was what i was good at.... pace, aerial prowess, strength, stamina, discipline, marking, doing as i was told, were things I was shit at.....)

A decent winger should be able to weight the ball properly as he goes past his man so that he and the ball is slowing down as he puts the cross in... too many try to welly the ball across instead of a looped "pass" and it therefore often comes off their boot too full, or on the outside of the boot and ends up going anywhere. At speed they are also slicing at the ball (because of lack of balance and their body catching up with the swinging leg) rather than arcing the leg around the ball... like a golfer - they should be trying to play a "draw" but end up with a "slice" action. It staggers me when i see the poor quality of crossing, corners, etc that modern premiership players display.... its something they don't appear to practise at all.

(crossing, tackling and passing - and shouting - was what i was good at.... pace, aerial prowess, strength, stamina, discipline, marking, doing as i was told, were things I was shit at.....)

I generally think ball control/technique is a dying skill. Too many Prem league players seem to be signed because they can either a) score goals against shite defences, or b) can do some fancy dan tricks, but FA else.

I generally think ball control/technique is a dying skill. Too many Prem league players seem to be signed because they can either a) score goals against shite defences, or b) can do some fancy dan tricks, but FA else.

Yeah - the game these days demands players spend much less time in possession - the primary skill required for most players seems to be being able to pick passes within 2 touches, or protecting the ball with as much of the body as possible before knocking it away rather than controlled possession and making choices... speed of the game, ultra fit and mobile players, more sophisticated tactics, etc have evolved the game away from what i was brought up playing and watching...

The links are here - by internet standards these are epics:

20 minutes long

and here

24 mins long

Don't know where the JCR bits are yet. Find them for yourselves you lazy bastards.

Yeah - the game these days demands players spend much less time in possession - the primary skill required for most players seems to be being able to pick passes within 2 touches, or protecting the ball with as much of the body as possible before knocking it away rather than controlled possession and making choices... speed of the game, ultra fit and mobile players, more sophisticated tactics, etc have evolved the game away from what i was brought up playing and watching...
Agree with most of what you say MPF, but for me the most exciting site in football (apart from a goal being scored by your team) is watching a skillfull player beat an opposing player by slight of foot or by a drop of the shoulder.there is no better way of opening the ranks of an opposing
Team than taking a man out of the game by sheer skill.it will open up any defensive strategy but is a dying art as a lot of coaches seem to demand that the ball is moved quickly.it is still alive though as Messi ,renaldo and bale to name just a few prove,for me there will always be
room in a team for that kind of skill (puts bums on seats)

Back
Top Bottom