James Wallace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sheffielder

Welcome Positive Nigel
Reaction score
I see that James Wallace had 90 minutes in the U21 cup against Bolton yesterday. I know he was down to play last week in Brayford's comeback 2-2 (at Stocksbridge?) Does anyone know if he played last week?

They seem to be not playing up this comeback.

God speed James this time.

I think he played some of the Sunderland game at Stocksbridge.

Adkins seems to consider returning players once they've done 90 minutes in the U21s.

It could mean he might make the bench on Saturday ?

I dare not hope that he's over his injury problems as he tends to lurch from one injury to another but hopefully he gets a run of games now.

I see that James Wallace had 90 minutes in the U21 cup against Bolton yesterday. I know he was down to play last week in Brayford's comeback 2-2 (at Stocksbridge?) Does anyone know if he played last week?

They seem to be not playing up this comeback.

God speed James this time.
I know what you mean fella but I've had enough pay him up and get shut!

Without sounding awful, how rusty will he be? The lad has hardly played any real football in a long, long while.

I hope he is over it, of course, let's see.

In his appearances this season, he's been a consistent revalation. Would be delighted to see him get a run in the team.

He came with a great reputation and played some good stuff. Can't say I have noticed anything great about his cameo's since, but its all down to where you sit and how you view a game I guess.

He brings a bit more height and strength into the midfield, despite being injury prone, be good to see him back.

No fault of his own, but the lad's a busted flush. Sadly, it's just a matter of time (a short matter of time) until his next breakdown.

Hell of a shame, because he's certainly shown glimpses of being that complete midfielder that we crave.
Just not worth wasting any hope on him, sorry to say.

Put in a decent cameo at Peterborough then, from memory, pulled out of the day before the next Satdi game bc of a calf injury.

Wouldn't it make sense to plan for this season and beyond without him and view any appearances as a bonus?

That said, what if he nails down a starting place and is a first team regular till Christmas?

Elsewhere Edgar gets over his injury, regains form, Kennavaro plays at least one game a week with McGahey as a decent deputy.

Or only one of these things happens, or neither, or something else.

Point being if we don't bide our time we could end up spending the Murphy money (if we ever do) in the wrong place.

Otoh if we do wait till JTW then it might be too late.

I hope he gets fit, but I don't want him playing for a contract through the pain, and then clocking in sick straight away, we don't have the time to carry anybody now we know the board are not thinking "Liverpool" at all..

Get shut, and a few others as well, who just hang about doing nothing...like de girolomo....

I hope he gets fit, but I don't want him playing for a contract through the pain, and then clocking in sick straight away, we don't have the time to carry anybody now we know the board are not thinking "Liverpool" at all..

Get shut, and a few others as well, who just hang about doing nothing...like de girolomo....

Talking of Liverpool . Bill Shankly wouldnt give the time of day , or talk to a injured player , even when passing them on the corridor . We will get shut of a lot of players in the summer both fit and unfit .

UTB

I think he played some of the Sunderland game at Stocksbridge.

Adkins seems to consider returning players once they've done 90 minutes in the U21s.

It could mean he might make the bench on Saturday ?

I dare not hope that he's over his injury problems as he tends to lurch from one injury to another but hopefully he gets a run of games now.

He's a quality player but the knees are shot.

Brayford demonstrated what a great athlete he is up to pulling out, Wallace was no where near in the athleticism stakes. When he walks he looks like I feel which isn't good.

He looked great at Peterborough, as mentioned above, head and shoulders above owt on the pitch...he wax supposedly 'mended' then promptly broke down again...

There's nowt we can do but hope he gets it together..as no one is going to take him off our hands..

I know what you mean fella but I've had enough pay him up and get shut!

I have great sympathy with what you have put.

James Wallace is the most vital player for CM we have - no one else can play how he does.

If you are Catholic - go and pray !

UTB

He's a quality player but the knees are shot.

I thought he was having persistent and recurring muscle injuries. Don't hear much detail about his ailments though - it's just kind of assumed that he's crocked.

I do feel for him - it can't be doing his mental health any good, never mind the wasted talent.

Wallace would've been in the Premier League a while ago but for injuries.

Maybe we should just be extremely gentle with him, ease him along in training, give him the odd 45 minutes for the U21s and only use him in difficult games where we'd need him most.

I agree I think one more injury to Wallace and we have to ask ourselves why are we wasting our time wondering if he will ever be fully fit.

I think one more serious injury then he will have doubts about continuing his career.

I have great sympathy with what you have put.

James Wallace is the most vital player for CM we have - no one else can play how he does.

If you are Catholic - go and pray !

UTB
Just the way I see fella opinion only

Hes a wretch3d joke of a player who should pay the money back he's 'stolen' off the club, whilst p!ssing about on his long injured spells. In fact we should sue Clough for his wages as he was obviously a crock when he signed. Dreadful all round for this great club.

Hes a wretch3d joke of a player who should pay the money back he's 'stolen' off the club, whilst p!ssing about on his long injured spells. In fact we should sue Clough for his wages as he was obviously a crock when he signed. Dreadful all round for this great club.
Not pulling any punches there then a tad harsh.

Yes I know, but I bet he has earnt more from the Blades than someone like Dane Whitehouse though (and Dane gave his heart and soul and played in the Premier) and what has Wallace ever contributed to the cause. Nothing, Its shameful and it bugs me.

Yes I know, but I bet he has earnt more from the Blades than someone like Dane Whitehouse though (and Dane gave his heart and soul and played in the Premier) and what has Wallace ever contributed to the cause. Nothing, Its shameful and it bugs me.

Utterly shameful. First he displays a history of injuries at his past club in full sight of any scouts looking at him, then he has the absolute cheek to accept a contract we offer him, with actual money involved. He then disgracefully tries to play for us last season, displaying moments of skill in a desperate attempt to contribute to the team, before presumably deliberately injuring himself and refusing to get fit.

He then embarrassingly works hard in pre-season to get back to fitness, suffers a further set-back after some brief cameos where he appallingly tried to aid the team again. He's now pathetically trying to get fit again. And all the time, he's in vile fashion accepted the wages he's entitled to.

Hanging's too good for him.

He's a player with a bit of talent.
He signed for United.
Of course he was going to get injured

Utterly shameful. First he displays a history of injuries at his past club in full sight of any scouts looking at him, then he has the absolute cheek to accept a contract we offer him, with actual money involved. He then disgracefully tries to play for us last season, displaying moments of skill in a desperate attempt to contribute to the team, before presumably deliberately injuring himself and refusing to get fit.

He then embarrassingly works hard in pre-season to get back to fitness, suffers a further set-back after some brief cameos where he appallingly tried to aid the team again. He's now pathetically trying to get fit again. And all the time, he's in vile fashion accepted the wages he's entitled to.

Hanging's too good for him.

I cannot improve on L'boroBlade's entirely accurate response to those who adopt a malignant approach towards James Wallace. Reading the many posts that appear to believe that Wallace has deliberately wasted his and the club's time by feigning, or even more perniciously, to have collected, like a stamp collector, a series of injuries designed to keep him out of the game, is fantasy football at its worst.

Surely what every footballer wants (and I'm referring to those who genuinely enjoy their chosen profession) is to be selected to play for the team they're employed by. Any suggestion to the contrary suggests that this type of criticism is based on a wholly unfounded view that at the base of this truly peculiar vision is a deliberate attempt to not play. To do so in front of the gaze of thousands of Blade's supporters suggests a character trait that has criminal intent at it's heart. If that's the case I'm staggered that anyone should believe such spiteful guff.

I cannot improve on L'boroBlade's entirely accurate response to those who adopt a malignant approach towards James Wallace. Reading the many posts that appear to believe that Wallace has deliberately wasted his and the club's time by feigning, or even more perniciously, to have collected, like a stamp collector, a series of injuries designed to keep him out of the game, is fantasy football at its worst.

Surely what every footballer wants (and I'm referring to those who genuinely enjoy their chosen profession) is to be selected to play for the team they're employed by. Any suggestion to the contrary suggests that this type of criticism is based on a wholly unfounded view that at the base of this truly peculiar vision is a deliberate attempt to not play. To do so in front of the gaze of thousands of Blade's supporters suggests a character trait that has criminal intent at it's heart. If that's the case I'm staggered that anyone should believe such spiteful guff.

I agree with this, with one qualification: Wallace gave an interview where he said that he got injured straight after the start of a game last season (Doncaster away possibly) but as he had family and friends watching he decided to stay on as long as he could, but that he went off anyway and was out for a while.

It was probably Doncaster as he went off after 20 minutes and was not seen again for 2 months.

That was an extemely stupid thing to do given his injury history.

Wallace has not been seen since Fulham. Has anyone at the club ever said what is wrong with him this time and when he is expected to be back? I have given up trying to follow this saga.

Back
Top Bottom