Jam Tomorrow?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

afC3Lqd.jpg

Let's be honest, he occasionally made something happen, but he hardly set the pitch alight did he? Don't understand the clamour for his return when we have Coutts. Also can we recall young Otis Khan?

He has limitations but in terms of his positives, my Dad and I have the same conversation about him every week.
  • He consistently takes 2+ defenders with him
  • He provides width and therefore space in the middle
  • He's an outlet late-on if defending a lead
Bad timing but those are three things we could have really done with against Peterborough.

He is currently the only player we have (or I guess dont have) that gets people out of their seats when he has the ball at his feet. I do agree he is a mixed bag and you can nver be sure which player will turn up, but he is always great to have as an option. I hope that he is at Notts County just to regain fitness and will be back around the 18 when back.

It does show what NC thinks of the current right midfielders though, when at the away game against Notts County, he had Jam and Davies on the bench all game and played three other players that position who are not naturals there.

And don't get me started on what I think of Coutts at RM, they are similar thoughts of McEverley at CB

He is currently the only player we have (or I guess dont have) that gets people out of their seats when he has the ball at his feet.
I disagree with this, what about Murphy, Flynn, and to a lesser (proven) extent Adams? We have an abundance of potential match turners in our squad, at least 2 of which (Murph and Flynn) would make the side before JCR when all are fit. Admittedly bad timing with Flynn's injury, but we have the squad to cover.

Hopefully he helps us out and has a blinder on Saturday for County at Swindon..PNE at MK aswell...it would help if we can get 3 points though,I'm still clinging on to our slim chance of an auto spot.

Unfortunately most of the time when I watch JAM play I think to myself, "that's not entertainment".

He has limitations but in terms of his positives, my Dad and I have the same conversation about him every week.
  • He consistently takes 2+ defenders with him
  • He provides width and therefore space in the middle
  • He's an outlet late-on if defending a lead
Bad timing but those are three things we could have really done with against Peterborough.
Murphy and harris
take three defenders with them, beat them, deliver the ball into done.
Provide width and therefore space down the right for Brayford and freeman/ Flynn etc
They're an outlet all game, not just late on
They also defend
They don't fuck about beating a man then going back to beat him again before delivering an unpredictable ball to nobody...

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Murphy and harris
take three defenders with them, beat them, deliver the ball into done.
Provide width and therefore space down the right for Brayford and freeman/ Flynn etc
They're an outlet all game, not just late on
They also defend
They don't fuck about beating a man then going back to beat him again before delivering an unpredictable ball to nobody...

Sorry, couldn't resist :)
Fair point but I did refer specifically to the Peterborough game as I largely agree he's nowhere near "plan A". Murphy is very special and the left side is nailed down. On the right, it's a different matter. Do you think defenders prefer playing against JCR or Freeman?

Do you think defenders prefer playing against JCR or Freeman?

Good question. A left back will in theory prefer a one v one with Freeman as JCR's pace and trickery is frightening. In theory.

At QPR he was pretty much unplayable and a joy to watch. at home to Spurs he was inconsistent and ran rings around himself.

In many ways you don't know what you'll get with JCR. A mate of mine at the Spurs game said he's a 1 in 5 performer and I think he's right.

Freeman offers a more consistent approach but isn't as much of a pacey threat. When murphy is on fire it opens up the right for freeman and Brayford. At Notts County we closed the game out this way

I'll ask you a question now, who do you think our strikers prefer to play down the right?

I'll ask you a question now, who do you think our strikers prefer to play down the right?
Also a good question! :) I've no doubt he's as frustrating to strikers as he is to fans. That said, the preference probably differs between the strikers. As we're currently set up with poachers, I'd imagine they like the unpredictability of his crosses but get annoyed at making wasted runs. The thing is, I seem to have a bit of a different opinion of wingers as a lot of people I talk to. For me, they have to get to the byline and you just have to persevere with them - more so with lower-standard (L1!) wingers. I accept they have to contribute defensively but not at the expense of stretching opposition defences, and creating chances.

In answer to your question, the team probably prefer to play with a steadier player than JCR but that doesn't mean they're right. Wingers are frustrating but unless they're top-class (Murphy has the potential to be so it's harsh to judge JCR by his standard), then it's an intrinsic part of their game.

PS Sorry for the delay in response, I thought I'd stay away after Saturday :D

Cannot understand why he was let go in the first place except perhaps the wrong connections and the wrong complexion.

what a ridiculous statement to make

Alright then it's becuase we have too many fast tricky wingers who can come off the bench and make an impact against tired defenders, like... errrmm ......errr.......well there's... errrmm... Hmmmmm... surely one of those ex Derby players fit's that profile? No?

Oh dear a flippant joke isn't allowed these days is it? Alright it's not his complexion, but is it his connections?

I bet if he had a house in the Derby area he wouldn't have gone out on loan.

Do they all sit on the same pub quiz team with Nige now?

Oh dear a flippant joke isn't allowed these days is it? Alright it's not his complexion, but is it his connections?

Clough-out bingo. :D

What's flippant about accusing anyone of being a racist? There's no denial by yourself, just a withdrawal of your statement. Not even odd, just worryingly unpleasant.

Back
Top Bottom