Jake Wright

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I haven't seen a thread on him but I noticed yesterday how much shouting and communicating he does. He might not be up to it long term but it was good having a genuine leader at the back yesterday
Knill's post match interview said that he was solid and he's a leader

He got us out of jail when Oxford looked set to bury their second goal from Moores parry. He also had his work cut out for him in the entire first half when it became apparent that Hussey can't mark a fucking lamp post. And we've been sorely lacking a leader at the back for quite some time so I'm glad Wright demonstrated those qualities.

Also, apart from parrying an admittedly nasty shot I feel more assured with Moore in the net. He did his fair share of marshalling the defence as well, and he was decisive in claiming the loose balls. It's good to see that for a change because Long was a dithering mute beforehand.

He got us out of jail when Oxford looked set to bury their second goal from Moores parry. He also had his work cut out for him in the entire first half when it became apparent that Hussey can't mark a fucking lamp post. And we've been sorely lacking a leader at the back for quite some time so I'm glad Wright demonstrated those qualities.

Also, apart from parrying an admittedly nasty shot I feel more assured with Moore in the net. He did his fair share of marshalling the defence as well, and he was decisive in claiming the loose balls. It's good to see that for a change because Long was a dithering mute beforehand.

The communication at the back was markedly different yesterday. Moore seems to have a confidence that George doesn't. I can't imagine him losing his head after a mistake in the way Long did

Apart from not being alert to Oxfords goal and the worrying Hussey, I thought the back 4 did quite well. How much of that was down to the level of the opposition tho who knows?

The communication at the back was markedly different yesterday. Moore seems to have a confidence that George doesn't. I can't imagine him losing his head after a mistake in the way Long did

I agree. We needed to be well organised at the back yesterday too because Oxford looked equally well organised going forward.
It's pretty clear that Wilder was determined not to have another Southend scenario and starting Wright was a good response.

I couldn't work out which one was Wilson and which one was Wright! But after the defensive display v Southend I thought we looked far better and encouraging although that could change very quickly. So I reckon I am a clapp

Good games from Moore, Wright, Coutts and Done.

BUT I pray that CW keeps up the pressure on decent incomings this week.

UTB

An improvement at the back, Wright was ok, but how come the opposition always tend to get off shots from just outside the area unopposed, something which we seem unable to fashion at the other end.

I haven't seen a thread on him but I noticed yesterday how much shouting and communicating he does. He might not be up to it long term but it was good having a genuine leader at the back yesterday

We have a defender and a keeper that are actually talking to the rest of the defence.

Some actual leadership at the back.

We're far too anti-Establishment for God to like us. He's more likely to be a Pig because historically God is popular amongst sycophantic types with major delusions.

Hail Satan I say.

An improvement at the back, Wright was ok, but how come the opposition always tend to get off shots from just outside the area unopposed, something which we seem unable to fashion at the other end.

I was thinking about that yesterday and the only thing I could come up with is arrogance, firstly that we are good enough to walk it in and second that league one opposition are not good enough to need closing down that far out. Why that might this case is that it's never seemed to a a problem in our recent cup runs against higher level opposition.

It also why the second half yesterday was so encouraging, I got the feeling that it had dawned on them that they are league one players and the only thing that will separate them from the opposition is working harder. Its a very long time since I felt that we hard worn our opponents out.

I thought Wright had a great debut. Looked very steady, strong and sensible in every challenge, great concentration, looked determined and focused all game - a real defender. I didn't expect him to be much more than a back up player, but as Knill said, once he's got into the team, he may be difficult to leave out. A pleasant surprise!

Also noticed the young Jake Wright scored for York yesterday, so a good weekend for the Jake Wrigths!

Infuriating how teams seem to have been able to do this for over 2 seasons now. Bottom line is that our CMs might work hard but they never seem to close down players in that area quickly enough. Fleck looked a bit more switched on in the first few games though and if we can get that Murphy lad from Leeds I can see the 2 of them being a tough little midfield unit.

Not the most mobile but he seemed solid enough and I noticed the communicating he did as well. Now having just watched it again on BP I think he could be our next captain - he was also defusing situations with the ref and communicating with the bench too.

Another note on this subject. Doesn't Wright negate the need for another leader like. Morgan. I would be much happier with a young guy with a bit of pace and good on the ball. I hope that Wrights performance changes Tuftys mind

Id like to See Wright and O'Connell play together. O'Connell has a had a shakey start but he has all the attributes to be a very very good defender. And with Someone like Wright alongside him he could and would realise that potential very quickly. Hes just not a leader, when alongside Wilson he was the leader and it didn't suit him

I liked the back four but feel that the real test (if Wilder selects them) will come next Sunday - particularly after last seasons disaster

Back
Top Bottom