Jagielka

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is it ok to like him again yet. Or is everyone still ludicrously accusing him of a deliberate handball in order to "engineer" a transfer? Which makes no fucking sense if you think about it.

Always liked him! Would love to have him back when he decides the pace of the Premiership is too much!

What a game and what a season! Hope we get to experience a season like that again, hopefully win one of the cups or P/O final for the icing on the cake.

Good old days and what a player.

I remember walking home, nice warm afternoon, with Mrs. Grappler, along Eccy Road, calling in at a few pubs, massive smile on my face, after witnessing this........

Is it ok to like him again yet. Or is everyone still ludicrously accusing him of a deliberate handball in order to "engineer" a transfer? Which makes no fucking sense if you think about it.

I'm always a little heat broken to see Jagielka criticism, being in my early 20s, he's probably the best player I've ever seen play for united.

One of the highlights of my time as a Blade. I still can't help but smile whenever I hear "Oh my word, they've nicked it!".

The little lad at the 3:45 mark, holding his hands in prayer, saying "please....please", wonder how his life turned out? Probably mid 20's now, I'd like to think he kept the faith and still attends.

The Everton player Jagielka could not give a toss whether you like him or not. He has taken not the slightest interest in Sheffield United since he inexplicably and deliberately (let's not have any bio-mechanics defying shit about being pushed - nobody said that at the time, not even OBN) handled a routine cross in the penalty area.

The Everton player has never explained why he did it nor indeed ever spoken about it at all. It might have been courteous to do so. Anyone would think it never happened.

The Everton player Jagielka could not give a toss whether you like him or not. He has taken not the slightest interest in Sheffield United since he inexplicably and deliberately (let's not have any bio-mechanics defying shit about being pushed - nobody said that at the time, not even OBN) handled a routine cross in the penalty area.

The Everton player has never explained why he did it nor indeed ever spoken about it at all. It might have been courteous to do so. Anyone would think it never happened.
Absolute rubbish

The little lad at the 3:45 mark, holding his hands in prayer, saying "please....please", wonder how his life turned out? Probably mid 20's now, I'd like to think he kept the faith and still attends.

I prefer the look on that big lad at 8:13. He hasn't got a fucking clue what just happened.

I was thinking to myself "surely nobody says that". But then this happened.

I can name two players who have stupidly handled the ball in the past few months. Dumb mistakes, not Machiavellian conspiracies.

I've heard that silly accusation levelled at Jags a few times.

He didn't need to "engineer" a move from Sheffield United. Whether we had stayed up or not, Everton would have got their man regardless because they're a bigger club, and if memory serves, they were in Europe the following season or the one after.

Please identify specifically the absolute rubbish. Everything I wrote is perfectly correct. Please point out where I am wrong?

We all saw it, but you are connecting his aberration with a move away.
You will have to prove that, to my mind

We all saw it, but you are connecting his aberration with a move away.
You will have to prove that, to my mind

So, as opposed to absolute rubbish, there is no rubbish at all?

The only person who can tell us why he did it, that is the Everton player, never has. He should have. It mattered to us. We were not assured of an immediate return to the Premier League; He was.

No nauseating sycophancy and "Jags" shit from me. Never been a Blade.

The only person who can tell us why he did it, that is the Everton player, never has. He should have. It mattered to us. We were not assured of an immediate return to the Premier League; He was.

So you can't prove an unsubstantiated claim - like I said, absolute rubbish

So you can't prove an unsubstantiated claim - like I said, absolute rubbish

What claim is that? I have never suggested he did it to get a move. Others have. My point is a much more simple one. He could not care less. In the Everton player's first interview for his new club he mentioned us....not once. He's been nowhere near the Lane since. The sad truth is the Bladey hero doesn't give a shit about you or your club.

I repeat. Everything I said in my previous post is absolutely correct.

What claim is that? I have never suggested he did it to get a move. Others have. My point is a much more simple one. He could not care less. In the Everton player's first interview for his new club he mentioned us....not once. He's been nowhere near the Lane since. The sad truth is the Bladey hero doesn't give a shit about you or your club.

I repeat. Everything I said in my previous post is absolutely correct.

...but you can't prove that, it's all supposition on your part, just an opinion.
Your opinion and mine will obviously never match on this one, so let's agree to differ

...but you can't prove that, it's all supposition on your part, just an opinion.
Your opinion and mine will obviously never match on this one, so let's agree to differ

Okay we'll leave it mate but just for the benefit of others I know I can't prove "it" and the fact is I am not suggesting "it". I never have. My point is, and always has been, he knew he was securely in the Premier League whatever happened. He was quite content to leave relegation to the rest of us. He couldn't get away quick enough, not even hanging around long enough to give a brief explanation and maybe a tiny expression of culpability and regret.

That's why I have as much time and affection for the Everton player as he has for us. None. He won't be coming back. Good. Fuck him.

Okay we'll leave it mate but just for the benefit of others I know I can't prove "it" and the fact is I am not suggesting "it". I never have. My point is, and always has been, he knew he was securely in the Premier League whatever happened. He was quite content to leave relegation to the rest of us. He couldn't get away quick enough, not even hanging around long enough to give a brief explanation and maybe a tiny expression of culpability and regret.

That's why I have as much time and affection for the Everton player as he has for us. None. He won't be coming back. Good. Fuck him.
OK, sorry that you feel that way, let's concentrate on the future.

You sound like a jilted lover Pinchy. He doesn't owe you or anyone an explanation, and to do so would add credence for your conspiracy theory.

He's not been back, but why would he? He was born in Manchester, and was 16 when he signed for us. Him coming back or not doesn't change the fact that he was one of the best players we've had in the last 20 years, and brought us some great memories and ultimately did far more good for the club than bad.

For someone who coined the term 'bladey bladeness' you seem awfully concerned about an ex player who's moved on. Strange.

You sound like a jilted lover Pinchy. He doesn't owe you or anyone an explanation, and to do so would add credence for your conspiracy theory.

He's not been back, but why would he? He was born in Manchester, and was 16 when he signed for us. Him coming back or not doesn't change the fact that he was one of the best players we've had in the last 20 years, and brought us some great memories and ultimately did far more good for the club than bad.

For someone who coined the term 'bladey bladeness' you seem awfully concerned about an ex player who's moved on. Strange.

You're right mate. He owes us nothing and that's precisely what he's given since his departure. In return we owe him nothing, least of all hero status.

I've far more time for lesser players like Bob Booker, Nick Monty, Paul Devlin, Danny Webber, Neil Shipperley, Curtis Woodhouse, Kyle Walker (a better player as it happens) and many others who continue to follow us and attend matches when they can...

Back
Top Bottom