J Wallace??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

him behind you

Reaction score
Does anyone actually know what the position is with James W? We had all sorts of rumours that he could be injured for the season when he was left out but I've not seen any statement about him.

They said calf didn't they ?

Depends on what grade of tear it is.

My experience is calves are tricky buggers to clear up but Collins came back quickly.

Our injured/suspended team would piss this league. Just need a GK, fingers crossed eh!

Flynn----Kennedy----Brayford----Harris

Scougall---Wallace--Coutts---Cuvelier

---------Baxter-----------Done

Yeah but he hasn't had a run injury free like he just has through pre season and the start of this. Give him a bit of leeway.
Its like owning a 1970s Triumph or BSA Motorcycle and noticing the Oil Leak .................

and knowing that Time and Money just aint gonna fix it

Yeah but he hasn't had a run injury free like he just has through pre season and the start of this. Give him a bit of leeway.

Agree there danny, and as much as his absence has been disappointing, I suspect it might have something to do with being poorly diagnosed. So Adkins, a former physio himself, knows what is needed to correct this problem. I recall the noises coming out of Tranmere when he signed for us, they held Wallace in such high regard that more than once it was mentioned that he's a far better player than could be found in Division one and would fit comfortably in the Championship.

If anyone thinks we should get rid, I'd advise against this, as longterm we may just have a better than average footballer on our books.

Our injured/suspended team would piss this league. Just need a GK, fingers crossed eh!

Flynn----Kennedy----Brayford----Harris

Scougall---Wallace--Coutts---Cuvelier

---------Baxter-----------Done

Madness when you look at that list!

In 7 seasons James Wallace has managed to get into double figures for matches played 4 times (17 games in 2013/14, 23 games in 2012/13, 19 games in 2011/12 and 15 games in 2010/11). He has yet to make it through a full season. It is difficult not to conclude that this guy is crocked and serially injured and should be moved on as soon as possible. You cannot build a team around him and his wages won't be cheap. As my father used to say if you aren't available for work it doesn't matter how good you are, you are no good to me.

In 7 seasons James Wallace has managed to get into double figures for matches played 4 times (17 games in 2013/14, 23 games in 2012/13, 19 games in 2011/12 and 15 games in 2010/11). He has yet to make it through a full season. It is difficult not to conclude that this guy is crocked and serially injured and should be moved on as soon as possible. You cannot build a team around him and his wages won't be cheap. As my father used to say if you aren't available for work it doesn't matter how good you are, you are no good to me.

It was a bit of a clue when Tranmere were reluctant to give him a long term deal. Shame really, unlike Coutts he has looked good even with the injury problems but can we afford to carry someone who is goin to play a maximum of 20 games?

He is contracted till the end of the season. If he does not or is not involved in the squad for at least 30 games for me; I would not even contemplate resigning him and release him. United hold all the cards with him as it is unlikely he will get any offers elsewhere of comparable wage. For whats its worth I do not see sadly any future beyond this season for the likes of him, Coutts and Scougall. All have varying degress of ability but none have shown they can stay fit and even when theya re they are not stand out players. Coutts had maybe 2 decent gaames last season. Wallace maybe 4 or 5 but that is unacceptable.

The one fortunate thing this coming summer is we have over 50% of the squad out of contract so likes of Collins, Flynn, Campbell Ryce, Wallace's, Collins, Higdon, Alcock, McEveley, Harris, the 2 keepers al could be moved on. If we did get promoted none of these would be good enough for the next level (James if he got fit one exception). If we don't go up they (and others) have failed again. So many are playing for their next contract and most elsewhere I feel as harsh as that sounds.

It is worrying that you can count on one hand the players who would even be in the squad at the level above but I don't think that matters. You get up and build again - may kill momentum and would be better to have more players like Brayford, Sharp, Basham, maybe Sammon, Adams who could play at a higher level but that is how it goes. How many players do Wednesday have left from promotion sides, ditto for Charlton, etc. They gradually have improved quality and now are mid table Champ clubs. To do a Southampton as Adkins did a few years ago would be very hard. when teams like Burnley are spending 9 million on a striker and Derby can sign 2 journeyman players for 10 million (Bradley Johnson and Jabob Butterfield)/.

A fine piece of research ;) and a real shame :(.

Unless Adkins and his staff have seen something specific they think they can resolve, they should take a look at that (if they haven't already) and consider their options.

He is contracted till the end of the season. If he does not or is not involved in the squad for at least 30 games for me; I would not even contemplate resigning him and release him. United hold all the cards with him as it is unlikely he will get any offers elsewhere of comparable wage. For whats its worth I do not see sadly any future beyond this season for the likes of him, Coutts and Scougall. All have varying degress of ability but none have shown they can stay fit and even when theya re they are not stand out players. Coutts had maybe 2 decent gaames last season. Wallace maybe 4 or 5 but that is unacceptable.

The one fortunate thing this coming summer is we have over 50% of the squad out of contract so likes of Collins, Flynn, Campbell Ryce, Wallace's, Collins, Higdon, Alcock, McEveley, Harris, the 2 keepers al could be moved on. If we did get promoted none of these would be good enough for the next level (James if he got fit one exception). If we don't go up they (and others) have failed again. So many are playing for their next contract and most elsewhere I feel as harsh as that sounds.

It is worrying that you can count on one hand the players who would even be in the squad at the level above but I don't think that matters. You get up and build again - may kill momentum and would be better to have more players like Brayford, Sharp, Basham, maybe Sammon, Adams who could play at a higher level but that is how it goes. How many players do Wednesday have left from promotion sides, ditto for Charlton, etc. They gradually have improved quality and now are mid table Champ clubs. To do a Southampton as Adkins did a few years ago would be very hard. when teams like Burnley are spending 9 million on a striker and Derby can sign 2 journeyman players for 10 million (Bradley Johnson and Jabob Butterfield)/.

I'd only say that sometimes the manager and coaching staff can carry a player along and up his levels - as per the recent thread on who will still be with us when we reach Division 1 :)

It's possible a player or two will be a revelation - but they'll be an exception.

Back
Top Bottom