Is there anyone on here who actually believes...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

djbaldken

Reaction score
we will bring in the required players by the end of the August window?????

I certainly don't.

We ll get the usual bollocks about unrealistic wage/transfer fees etc etc. Worked hard behind the scenes clap trap. And clubs not wanting to release players at this stage nonsense.

Waiting in the wings here. 1.7 mill for che was a complete joke however anyone dresses it up, since then we have signed a keeper and can't score in a brothel.

Understand the frustrations, but I wouldn't want any old shit comming in just for the sake of it.
If we can't get the players in that would make the team stronger ( or the ones we are rumoured to be after, the 2 things are not exclusive) then I rather we waited for said targets.

Understand the frustrations, but I wouldn't want any old shit comming in just for the sake of it.
If we can't get the players in that would make the team stronger ( or the ones we are rumoured to be after, the 2 things are not exclusive) then I rather we waited for said targets.
Perhaps for a change then we could go out and show some serious ambition by signing some genuinely good players at the current going rate as opposed to our usual sell high, buy cheap policy.
If we wait too long we may find ourselves another division lower which is just unthinkable.
Not a dig at you btw, more a frustration at "the United Way".

It's funny how Wilder was happy to accept 1.7m for Che implying he thinks we got a very good price for someone who couldn't make the first 11 of the bottom team in the division. However at the same time he seems to think we can offer Millwall et al peanuts for their first 11 centre back and they'll accept !

When they don't he complains about everyone wanting more money when we come calling conveniently forgetting we 'ripped Brum off' It's a single market Chris...it's time for us go pay up or shut up

we will bring in the required players by the end of the August window?????

I certainly don't.

We ll get the usual bollocks about unrealistic wage/transfer fees etc etc. Worked hard behind the scenes clap trap. And clubs not wanting to release players at this stage nonsense.

Absolutely not a chance.

Surely we've all learnt by now?

It's the hope that kills you.

Perhaps for a change then we could go out and show some serious ambition by signing some genuinely good players at the current going rate as opposed to our usual sell high, buy cheap policy.
If we wait too long we may find ourselves another division lower which is just unthinkable.
Not a dig at you btw, more a frustration at "the United Way".

It's not as though it's sell high buy cheap though is it?

It's 'sell talent to plug financial fuck ups, buy shit and cheap and hope no one notices'

If Sharp wasn't the wrong side of thirty, he'd be gone already.

pommpey

I was quite hopeful, but if it all goes to the last week, we know what happens. And it's looking like going to the last week after a very quiet day today. We really should have had another one or two in by now.

I am therefore looking forward to us signing a player who is younger faster and worth more than Che Adams who will accept wages as low as his were ? perhaps a £1.5m midfielder or CB ? Perhaps that was the plan ?

We definitely won't. The fact that it's been reported we've made these 'bids' this week quite openly in the media only adds fuel to fire IMO.

Most of our business is done in quiet and actual signings arrive without much build up or speculation (Hussey, Wilson, O'Connell, Moore, Duffy, Fleck.) It's funny how names of what would be good signings are suddenly leaked now. It's almost as if you can hear it now, "well we tried for Colclough and Webster" but just couldn't get it over the line.

It's funny how Wilder was happy to accept 1.7m for Che implying he thinks we got a very good price for someone who couldn't make the first 11 of the bottom team in the division. However at the same time he seems to think we can offer Millwall et al peanuts for their first 11 centre back and they'll accept !

When they don't he complains about everyone wanting more money when we come calling conveniently forgetting we 'ripped Brum off' It's a single market Chris...it's time for us go pay up or shut up
CW is turning into a bit of a cunt isn't he?

It's not as though it's sell high buy cheap though is it?

It's 'sell talent to plug financial fuck ups, buy shit and cheap and hope no one notices'

If Sharp wasn't the wrong side of thirty, he'd be gone already.

pommpey

We've always got Ched to fall back on haven't we?

Going on our past summer transfer windows, no, I dont trust Sheffield United to get anything decent over the line before the window closes.

Worrying thing is we don't adapt to change. My worry is when the deadline passes there's no manoeuvring with loans. We will have Wilder in charge of a bunch unknown of players that have not gelled, have very little confidence and by his admission are struggling to handle the big crowds.

Look on the bright side we put the clocks back in about 7 weeks and there only 123 sleeps to Christmas morning. By then ched could be acquitted and Chesterfield all but promoted and we will be religated if they win their last day match again us following Woolfords deceive hat trick for Fleetwood

You couldn't write it so it will come to pass.

I can't see us getting any players in now. A few injuries and we will be in the shit big time by having to rely on players not good enough and playing people in positions they can't play to make the numbers up.

Players frightened of playing in front of a big crowd. Eh? Isnt that what they should want?
...and how come the opposition always raise their sodding game when they play at Bramall Lane? Dunt add up.

A lot of posters on this site suffering from depression what's the latest drug for it? 3 weeks ago we were all
confident,yes we'veade a poor start
but there is time to get it right.slagng the the team on Saturday won't help a bit of positivity will.More players will sign but as Wilder says they have to be the right ones

Worrying thing is we don't adapt to change. My worry is when the deadline passes there's no manoeuvring with loans. We will have Wilder in charge of a bunch unknown of players that have not gelled, have very little confidence and by his admission are struggling to handle the big crowds.

Just another crock from CW. How come Rochdale, Crewe and Southend could handle the big crowds?

I can't see us getting any players in now. A few injuries and we will be in the shit big time by having to rely on players not good enough and playing people in positions they can't play to make the numbers up.
Even without injuries we are in the shit and have to rely on players who are not good enough.

Back
Top Bottom