Is there a lg1 club stronger than us after deadline day?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't care. All I know that is our squad has shortcomings, and that is all I am bothered about

In what respect? Yes if you start hypathetically making up long term injuries to the spine of the squad but which club wouldn't be affected by that. We pretty much have two players for every position and we saw with reed coming in for Baxter we can cope with suspensions, the same if McNulty had to come in for sharp or Kennedy for collo.

We have Brayford, done, Harris Flynn and Kennedy all coming back who would all pretty much walk into any league one side. We have the loan window to use if needed too which comes into play before our next game.

We're in a healthier position than you think.

In what respect? Yes if you start hypathetically making up long term injuries to the spine of the squad but which club wouldn't be affected by that. We pretty much have two players for every position and we saw with reed coming in for Baxter we can cope with suspensions, the same if McNulty had to come in for sharp or Kennedy for collo.

We have Brayford, done, Harris Flynn and Kennedy all coming back who would all pretty much walk into any league one side. We have the loan window to use if needed too which comes into play before our next game.

We're in a healthier position than you think.

We're not healthy in 2 key positions personally, at CM and CB. If Edgar gets injured you realise that McEverley partners Collins at the back? Who replaces Basham in midfield if he gets injured, or are you looking to partner Reed and Baxter?

CM is more of a pressing need with the ability of Basham to move back to CB. Everything is great now, however we shouldn't be complacent about the start either.

I probably need to go through all the threads and see who wanted a CB and CM, and see if they are singing a different tune now.

We're not healthy in 2 key positions personally, at CM and CB. If Edgar gets injured you realise that McEverley partners Collins at the back? Who replaces Basham in midfield if he gets injured, or are you looking to partner Reed and Baxter?

CM is more of a pressing need with the ability of Basham to move back to CB. Everything is great now, however we shouldn't be complacent about the start either.

I probably need to go through all the threads and see who wanted a CB and CM, and see if they are singing a different tune now.

Seems to me that Adkins has got it right with the Burn and Hammond, 2 areas we need strengthening. With Brayford and Flynn to come, we're looking good squad wise but as people have said, we have for the last 5 years.

We could have made a massive step towards promotion with a couple of quality editions with the Murphy money. We didn't and it'll be touch and go now.

It appears to take Brannigan 5 minutes to sell our best players, but 5 months to bring anyone in.

Was thinking the same about Brannigan.

But i am positive about us this season,even after nowt on deadline day,cannot see that making any difference to us,we have players to come back over the next few months and if we are desperate for a player we can always get a loan in.

The Blades Tsunami,is gathering speed and will sweep all before it,get your boards out and ride the wave.

We have lost Murphy and gained Edgar and Sharp since Adkins maintained that the squad was not good enough for promotion.

We could have made a massive step towards promotion with a couple of quality editions with the Murphy money. We didn't and it'll be touch and go now.

It appears to take Brannigan 5 minutes to sell our best players, but 5 months to bring anyone in.

Was he asked about Braningan last night in his interview, or did Adkins bring him up?

We're now hostages to fortune. As others have pointed out, a couple of injuries could mess up our plans. It's disappointing we couldn't have got at least one over the line.
So we cross our fingers and hope the players stay fit until the end of the month, we keep winning and strengthen at the beginning of October.
It's not ideal. It could be the clubs' fault or it may be down to circumstances beyond our control. On the basis I don't know which, I've little more to say.
I don't know if we've got the strongest squad but we really ought to be close.

Strong squad, but how many would get in. div 3 team of the year if team was picked today?

Regardless of how they've started the season, if we had Wigan's squad I would be alot more confident of promotion than I am now.

Wigan have got a stronger squad. They've got all sorts of other disadvantages though.

Back
Top Bottom