Is It Diego Time ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jim Chimmerney

Can hear the 'Cod Army' roar from his back garden
Reaction score
What is there to lose tonight ?

NC suggested that it would be the same squad as Swindon but we're crying out for someone like him to shake things up. OK, he still has things to learn by all accounts but what are we going to learn by going with Porter ?

Must admit, I've only seen glimpses of him and read reports on here but surely he's worth a go in a game like tonight or will NC want to see a response from those who struggled last week ? Just seems to me that if he played for another club, Mason Bennett for example, we would be looking to take him on loan which makes it a nonsense when we have potential already in front of us.

Like Higdon, Flynn, Wallace etc you mean ;)

Played 89 minutes for the U21s yesterday and played a starring role by all accounts.

Played 89 minutes yesterday? I'd imagine your answer is right there. Christ, footballers complain when they have to play twice in a week, never mind twice in two days.

Good point, yeah Id like to see him, had just assumed he still wasnt up to scratch as not heard much about him recently

Played 89 minutes yesterday? I'd imagine your answer is right there. Christ, footballers complain when they have to play twice in a week, never mind twice in two days.

Probably right.

Not ready yet?

Would Mason Bennett have been 'ready' I'm guessing he would have walked into the matchday squad had the deal gone through. NC considered Reed ready after a handful of pre-season games, maybe he doesn't rate him after all.

Probably right.

Would Mason Bennett have been 'ready' I'm guessing he would have walked into the matchday squad had the deal gone through. NC considered Reed ready after a handful of pre-season games, maybe he doesn't rate him after all.

Maybe

You would imagine he would be worth a punt in the near future, at least a substitute appearance? We're crying out for some quality up front and his performances and the plaudits he's received over the years have surely earned him the opportunity to show what he can do in the first team? If he isn't good enough for Division One by now, someone's been seriously taking the piss and what's more, were that the case, he'd be in good company! :)

You would imagine he would be worth a punt in the near future, at least a substitute appearance? We're crying out for some quality up front and his performances and the plaudits he's received over the years have surely earned him the opportunity to show what he can do in the first team? If he isn't good enough for Division One by now, someone's been seriously taking the piss and what's more, were that the case, he'd be in good company! :)

Fully agree. With Baxter and JCR out injured and Wallace, Scougall, Murphy and Flynn not yet showing their best form, we need more players who can add some individual skill. We also have to start finding out what he can do at senior level. I think everybody agrees that first team action has been good for the likes of Reed and McGahey, and it is surely the same for De Girolamo. A place on the bench would be good tonight, but after playing so much yesterday (travelling as well), it looks unlikely.

Theres a lot out injured, plus lots not performing, I wonder why.

I like young Diego and thought he was man of the match (despite not scoring) against SWFC Under 21s. He looks classy and has skill.

It's always Diego time in our house...

2466us8.jpg

NC considered Reed ready after a handful of pre-season games, maybe he doesn't rate him after all.

Difference is, Reedy's been consistently doing it away from the focus of the first team and isn't coming back from such an injury.

Diego will get his chance, when he's fully back to his pre-injury self.

Difference is, Reedy's been consistently doing it away from the focus of the first team and isn't coming back from such an injury.

Diego will get his chance, when he's fully back to his pre-injury self.

I thought he looked ready when he came on against fener

I'll put another one out there for you last seasons young player of the year started 2 games and got man of match both times been playing well for u21's and rep of Ireland but not been near squad this season
Connor Dimaio

I'll put another one out there for you last seasons young player of the year started 2 games and got man of match both times been playing well for u21's and rep of Ireland but not been near squad this season
Connor Dimaio

Clough said Dimaio wasn't anywhere fit enough early in pre season, and that they were surprised he'd been leapfrogged in the summer by Louis Reed. Fully agree that he was excellent in those couple of games and look forward to seeing more from him.

Connor has a bright future.

Back
Top Bottom