Investment???????

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Are t'pigs still sponsored by Borat?

Seems we are back in the bad old days of ask no questions.

he must have whittled that down about a million times to edit out anything interesting or of any substance .did well to crowbar the reference to the pigs takeover not going through as being like winning the world cup ,suppose it saves the club money on hiring a pr guy when theyve got local journos to do it for em

Reasonable stuff, but in all honesty, I'm not sure "well run club" and "Third division Sheffield United" are compatible within the same sentence.

UTB
Why not? Because we might have a sustainable business plan which allows us to develop steadily?

Why not? Because we might have a sustainable business plan which allows us to develop steadily?

I think you have to see the fruits of that plan before you can call it "well run".

It takes a special kind of poor effort to land a club of our size in England's third division for 4 years, or more. Other than the employment of a seemingly credible manager (jury will always be out), it's not obvious anything has changed. Prize assets have been sold and there is no obvious sign of investment - quite the reverse, worryingly.

It may well be that they're keeping their powder dry, but I've gone from a position of trusting, to needing to be covinced. Not that they'd care, of course.

My local boys club and Pub teams are well run. Emulating their procedures wold not be a way forward for Sheffield United.

UTB

Last edited:
This is truly the funniest thing on teh interwebz.

You sir with your email wanton disregard for my funny bone are up the with the greats; cannon & ball, Russel harty, the legend that is jimminy cricket and of course the gods of mirth - the chuckle brothers.

you-are-bad-and-you-should-feel-bad2.jpg

In the same way it took a while to realise when we were being run into the floor it will be a while before being run well turns into being in a good position. Such is the cluster fuck we became.

I think the fruits are already forming, Alcoblade and least it is well run up to the management level.

Was it luck, or judgement in hiring NC, who knows.

Got to agree with that. Robson? Blackwell? Wilson? Weir? Does nobody look at their past record, pre-interview?
If you look like you love your ale,you're in.

C.V. Weatherspoons,White Swan,Red Lion,Green Dragon and Dog and Partridge.Yep good enough,job's yours.:D

Back
Top Bottom