International call ups for young 'uns

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

yep, sadly if theyre any good they will be sold in a flash

Yeah but they can't be any good or they'd be in the first team now. And youth international call ups don't mean anything anyway because Tony McMahon and Jonathan Forte and Abu Hamza AND Stephen Hawking all have them, or something. Another thread said so. :rolleyes:

Yeah but they can't be any good or they'd be in the first team now. And youth international call ups don't mean anything anyway because Tony McMahon and Jonathan Forte and Abu Hamza AND Stephen Hawking all have them, or something. Another thread said so. :rolleyes:

Interested to know what you're getting at. I listed some players who were shite for us, and played for their countries at international youth level. My point in response to the De Girolamo argument, which is more than valid, is that just because they're playing youth international football doesn't mean they are/going to be class. If you can't see that, well you'd be wrong anyway! Doesn't mean our youngsters getting called up isn't a good thing, but when people try to use it as an argument that Di Girolamo should definitely be playing is incorrect. I therefore used those examples to prove international football at youth level doesn't provide a correlation to 'greatness'. But no, that doesn't suit the myth that Di Girolamo is the best footballer in world football, does it....

Its the club who put the youngsters names forward, a scout from the respective country will watch the player. Very rare for a player not to be selected, especially the non english lads.

Back
Top Bottom