Interesting find

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
Right, bit of help needed. One the wife's family, who works at the local tip here in sunny Hadfield, has just nipped round on his way home from work - bring him with him a signed Sheffield United ball that someone had had the audacity to put in a skip.

I can make out a few of the names, but am struggling on a few, would also like to pinpoint a season its from.

Its in decent condition to be fair, not a scuff on it, Foxy if you you wanted to use it as a prize for anything S24SU or charity related then shout up and its yours.

The signatures are;

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 8
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 8
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 9
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 8
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 6
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 7
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 8
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 7

Right, bit of help needed. One the wife's family, who works at the local tip here in sunny Hadfield, has just nipped round on his way home from work - bring him with him a signed Sheffield United ball that someone had had the audacity to put in a skip.

I can make out a few of the names, but am struggling on a few, would also like to pinpoint a season its from.

Its in decent condition to be fair, not a scuff on it, Foxy if you you wanted to use it as a prize for anything S24SU or charity related then shout up and its yours.

The signatures are;

View attachment 9536 View attachment 9537
photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 2
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 2
Alan Kelly, Steve Bruce, Don Hutchison and I think Ian Hamilton and Marcelo.

On the following Thursday, January 15th, after the game at Sunderland Deane was sold to Benfica and Fjortoft to Barnsley.

Who the fuck is David Lee ?
I've got a signed football too which my lad won somewhere and I still can't put a name to a single signature on it, maybe he got all his mates to scribble on it before passing it on to me as a birthday pressie LOL.
I wonder why anyone would skip a signed football in such good condition then again maybe the owner was messing with his wife's best friend or something ;)

David Lee - signed on loan from Chelsea ( I think, he certainly started his career there). Big strong centre back.

I've told this story before, but, many moons ago we were sat with Nicky Marker at a P of S do. I really wanted the signed ball in the raffle, but didn't win it. About two weeks later a parcel arrived at our house . Unbeknown to me, Nicky had got our address off my better half, and got the players to sign it. He'd then sent it together with a note. Top, top bloke! It's not my ball BTW, still got it though it's not as firm as it was. :)

Metal, could be White as he is more in keeping with that era. I think Lee came to us under Bassett, though I could be wrong.

I've told this story before, but, many moons ago we were sat with Nicky Marker at a P of S do. I really wanted the signed ball in the raffle, but didn't win it. About two weeks later a parcel arrived at our house . Unbeknown to me, Nicky had got our address off my better half, and got the players to sign it. He'd then sent it together with a note. Top, top bloke! It's not my ball BTW, still got it though it's not as firm as it was. :)

I thought he was an understated player for us

I thought he was an understated player for us

Indelible ;)

Im sure thats my ball, I hope my folks havent actually cleared out the garage.

Also I thought people who worked at the tip wernt allowed to take anything out of it, isnt that theft?

Im sure thats my ball, I hope my folks havent actually cleared out the garage.

Also I thought people who worked at the tip wernt allowed to take anything out of it, isnt that theft?

They're probably not - but he deserves a medal for services to SUFC for saving it. Who could throw that away? Cant put a price on Nicky Markers signature.

They're probably not - but he deserves a medal for services to SUFC for saving it. Who could throw that away? Cant put a price on Nicky Markers signature.

I have 2 of them from the same era (or atleast I should if theyve escaped the big clear out although my dads as big a blade as me so Im sure hed never dream of chucking them away)

Everytime I goto the tip I see something I want in there though, its amazing what some people chuck away

I have 2 of them from the same era (or atleast I should if theyve escaped the big clear out although my dads as big a blade as me so Im sure hed never dream of chucking them away)

Everytime I goto the tip I see something I want in there though, its amazing what some people chuck away

I have a mate who made a killing from rescuing lawnmowers/washing machines/treadmills - goldmine if you have the time.

Rubbish

That Spackman era should have been the start of something special, the squad that was brought together and the style of football was brilliant. All dismantled prematurely, one of the most enjoyable times watching the Blades for me, so many of my childhood heroes were in that era:

Borborkis
Nilsen
Holdsworth
Stuart
White
Dean
Hutchinson
Saunders
Kelly
Tracey
Jan Aage
Taylour
and the ultimate Blade hero Dane Whitehouse

Back
Top Bottom