InterBlades - Worldnet 2016

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AlienBlade

Reaction score
Just thought I would post a bit of an update on here as to how things panned out over the weekend,

we were drawn in a group with Barnsley, Altrincham, Ipswich and Southampton,

our first kick off was at 10.30 vs Barnsley, we beat them 1-0 Thansk to a Harry Helliwell Goal after being put through by an excellent Sam Gordon Pass

our second game kicked off at 12:15, vs Altrincham, (who was the only team we had never played) we were slow out of a box and Mousey (playing in goal) could only parry a free kick in to the path of the on coming Altrincham player to make it 1-0, the second goal was a controversial penalty (21 players all stating it wasnt a penalty including the guy who was supposingly fouled, with only one saying he thought he caught him... the ref was unmoved (and seem to revel in it) the penalty was dispatched, with a third goal sealing our 3-0 defeat

our third game kicked off at 3pm vs Ipswich, (they'd had to borrow a few players from other teams due to last minute drop outs) we went in at half time 0-0 and shortly after the break we took the lead through James Bennett (much to the disbelief of some of his team mates) Ipswich then got a penalty after a rash challenge by the captain, thankfully their scottish import (from Ayr) scewed his shot so wide it was probably closer to the corner flag. we saw out the rest of the game to finish 1-0

our final group game came against Southampton who beat us 1-0 in last years group stage, a win would see us top the group, a Draw was good enough to see Southampton top the group on goal difference with us finishing 2nd, a loss would see us drop to 4th.
The game was well contested, with the Blades takinga first half lead with Sam Gordon (I think) crossing in for Chris Beckett to nod in, we were at that moment top of the league.... the second half saw southampton pile on the pressure and the inevitable happened as we were pegged back to 1-1, we saw out the rest of the game to finish 2nd in the group.

the draw was made later that day and pitted us against Watford who had beated a very good RC Lens side in the groups games, having lost 5 players through work/childcare and injury and a couple of players carrying knocks we knew is was going to be difficult, when the ref finally turned up, we got underway, I think we only managed 2 real chances in the game Sam Gordon saw his shot saved and a cross into the box from myself was unable to fall to a Blades player, Watford on the other hand (with younger fitter and the ability to make substitutions,created numerous chances, for them to score just 1 was a testiment to both a cracking save by Mousey and some last ditch challenges.

on to next season where it looks like our first game will be against Rochdale at home on the 13th August, if you would like to join the InterBlades feel free to message me on here or via twitter @interblades_fc

Well done from an Interblades Old Boy :)

Back
Top Bottom