InterBlades FC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AlienBlade

Reaction score
Good Morning All,

not sure if I am posting this in the correct thread?

Some of you more distinguished people (that's the nice word for Old Gits isn't it.... ?) may remember us, some of you may still know we exist, some may think we went by the way side (as DonnyBlade who used to post on here on our behalf left some time ago comminucations all but dried up

So this is just a reminder to all you Blades that we are still about, and are still fairly active. the faces may have changed over the years, but we still pull on the red and white

For those who dont know anything about us, we are a supporters team who play other supporters teams in the morning of the Blades games, we have travelled far and wide (Watford, Newcastle, Whitby, Preston even to Barnsley.... well that's like a foreign country full of strange people ;-) ) the league was set up to bring fans together for football not fighting.

anyway - I am going to try and keep everyone updated (if I can remember)

anyone fancying playing for us or wanting more information, either reply to this thread (or safer...) send me a message on Twitter @InterBlades_FC or on Facebook InterBlades

We have a few games lined up in the over the next couple of months (Saturday 10:30am kick offs)
We also have an end of season tournament (up in Preston) called Worldnet which we still have places for

****(just to note we are in need of a Goalkeeper)****

Good Morning All,

not sure if I am posting this in the correct thread?

Some of you more distinguished people (that's the nice word for Old Gits isn't it.... ?) may remember us, some of you may still know we exist, some may think we went by the way side (as DonnyBlade who used to post on here on our behalf left some time ago comminucations all but dried up

So this is just a reminder to all you Blades that we are still about, and are still fairly active. the faces may have changed over the years, but we still pull on the red and white

For those who dont know anything about us, we are a supporters team who play other supporters teams in the morning of the Blades games, we have travelled far and wide (Watford, Newcastle, Whitby, Preston even to Barnsley.... well that's like a foreign country full of strange people ;-) ) the league was set up to bring fans together for football not fighting.

anyway - I am going to try and keep everyone updated (if I can remember)

anyone fancying playing for us or wanting more information, either reply to this thread (or safer...) send me a message on Twitter @InterBlades_FC or on Facebook InterBlades

We have a few games lined up in the over the next couple of months (Saturday 10:30am kick offs)
We also have an end of season tournament (up in Preston) called Worldnet which we still have places for

****(just to note we are in need of a Goalkeeper)****

****(love to help, mate, but the back's just gone again)****

What kind of a standard are the games?! I play a bit of 11 and 7 a side at CB and GK and would possibly be up for playing!

What kind of a standard are the games?! I play a bit of 11 and 7 a side at CB and GK and would possibly be up for playing!

The Standard Varies TBH, there are some really good teams and some average team and really poor teams (we have tended to drift from the good to the average (the league has about 80 teams in up and down the country (including Scotland) you are limted in playing 24 "league" games but we once finished in the top 10,

I mean the only way to see is to pop down (there are a few you tube clips of yesteryear about if you search for InterBlades the Barnsley lads used to video a lot of their games)

I guess the only way to see is to pop down one day and either watch of just throw yourself in.

Ey-up Danny. Good to hear you're still going strong. I thought the side had stopped playing altogether. Why don't you put a fixture list up? I might try and pop down if I've got time. I might even dust mi owd Teflon gloves off for ya if you're THAT desperate. ;)

Ey-up Danny. Good to hear you're still going strong. I thought the side had stopped playing altogether. Why don't you put a fixture list up? I might try and pop down if I've got time. I might even dust mi owd Teflon gloves off for ya if you're THAT desperate. ;)

not quite folded - had to give it the kiss of life a few times mind to keep it going, but got some new players down (as well as some of the older guard) Liam Wasden (Mousey) Chris Beckett, Rob Brown, Tom McCaig,

as you can probably remember it's a nightmare to actually get fixtures sorted, even more so when you are nomadic (the SUCC changed hands and went from charging us £40 to trying to Charge £140...

the ones confirmed so far are

March 21st Vs Portly Vale - playing at Hansdsworth Community Sports Centre
April 4th vs Barnsley Away - (somewhere in Barnsley lol)
April 11th Barnsley Home - Venue TBC

we also have a possible game at home vs Motley Crewe on the 28th (just waiting on them coming back to me)
and also trying to get a home game (probably on the 18th vs Donny R'Sonists again Venue to be confirmed)

Most of the blokes on here would do a good job with the bucket and sponge.

HH

Nice to read your still going strong Danny.

Sadly, the (third) crutiate tear I sustained away at Preston for the InterBlades ended up being a career ender. Struggle to even manage a kick around with youn'un nowadays! :(

not quite folded - had to give it the kiss of life a few times mind to keep it going, but got some new players down (as well as some of the older guard) Liam Wasden (Mousey) Chris Beckett, Rob Brown, Tom McCaig,

as you can probably remember it's a nightmare to actually get fixtures sorted, even more so when you are nomadic (the SUCC changed hands and went from charging us £40 to trying to Charge £140...

the ones confirmed so far are

March 21st Vs Portly Vale - playing at Hansdsworth Community Sports Centre
April 4th vs Barnsley Away - (somewhere in Barnsley lol)
April 11th Barnsley Home - Venue TBC

we also have a possible game at home vs Motley Crewe on the 28th (just waiting on them coming back to me)
and also trying to get a home game (probably on the 18th vs Donny R'Sonists again Venue to be confirmed)
Why not try Swallownest miners welfare for games they used to play sufc u18s etc there some years back and might appreciate the fee's and custom :rolleyes:

Nice to read your still going strong Danny.

Sadly, the (third) crutiate tear I sustained away at Preston for the InterBlades ended up being a career ender. Struggle to even manage a kick around with youn'un nowadays! :(

Tbh i though the double fracture of my leg at worldnet was going to be the end for me. But kept going which has turned out quite well. Although i do feel old as it takes a couple of days now to recover lol

Nice to see your keeping busy with all your pictures.

Why not try Swallownest miners welfare for games they used to play sufc u18s etc there some years back and might appreciate the fee's and custom :rolleyes:
I will enquire (if i can find their details) thanks

I will enquire (if i can find their details) thanks
Swallownest Miners Welfare Club
  • Tel: 0114 287 2510
Rotherham Rd, Swallownest, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S26 4UR
let me know if you end up playing down there I will come and get some photos for on here:D

Back
Top Bottom