In big games that contain big goals..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jimmy23

Reaction score
..Why do I sometimes celebrate/hug the people behind me and/or next to me even though I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE?!!

Obviously it's quite common in football matches but why do we invade another person's personal space when we don't even know who they are.. My example: Last night when Adams scored to make it 2-1.

Anyone else had similar experience and if so when? UTB

Did it at Wembley against Huddersfield. During the penalties when we should have pissing won I accidentally embraced a fellow blade at the side of me however as you most probably remember it was a scorcher that day and he was a reight sweaty git :) hahaha

There was plenty of bromance last night when that 2nd went in haha

I miss the days of the old wooden seats. That triple assault season I walked home not once but twice with blood stained clothing after taking chunks out of my shins jumping around when we scored. Happy days.

I miss the days of the old wooden seats. That triple assault season I walked home not once but twice with blood stained clothing after taking chunks out of my shins jumping around when we scored. Happy days.

Those days are still with us. You should see my calf after the second went in last night.

I also lost my bank card and fags. Bit of a pisser TBH.

Those days are still with us. You should see my calf after the second went in last night.

I also lost my bank card and fags. Bit of a pisser TBH.

Gutted. When we scored against Hull at Wembley my brand new Ralph Lau.ren sun glasses dropped off my head and I still don't know how to this day but I somehow picked them up scratch free! Couldn't believe how they didn't get smashed to pieces.

Blimey, I hugged the wife last night after the second went in. Do remember last season's trip to Wembley. Sat on front row of upper tier so a fair drop below. When we scored the bloke next to me grabbed me in a bear hug and, because he was even more drunk than me, nearly pitched me over - scary.

I was hugging whoever I could when we got our second last night. The celebrations were so insane that I've still got headache now.

When we beat Coventry on penalties I drove the considerable distance home only to find the house keys missing (luckily Mrs HB had her keys). I rang the club next morning and they said one or two sets of keys had been handed in, so I drove back to identify mine. There were two buckets full of keys, cast aside during Blades celebrations. Should imagine I was hugging Mrs HB, rather than a some random Blade. Although, she may have been hugging random Blade, not for the first time.

I was sat near two people that didn't know each other who had had an argument earlier on in the game but by the second goal they were cheering and hugging each other.
At the end of the day, we are all blades aren't we?

I was sat on my tod, so i turned to hug the people behind me, who didn't seem interested, then on my right - less interested. I ended up with the guy on my left, who hadn't spoken to me all game, who believe it or not didn't even look at me.

It's a far cry from the guy who ran 25 empty seats on the front row to embrace me when Scougall scored at Wembley.

I was sat on my tod, so i turned to hug the people behind me, who didn't seem interested, then on my right - less interested. I ended up with the guy on my left, who hadn't spoken to me all game, who believe it or not didn't even look at me.

This is one of the saddest posts I've ever read Sheff.

I grabbed a Frenchman in South Africa when Adams bagged the second. Turns out he is Lens. Who I used to like a lot but lost respect for when the geezer started sniffing round the pigs.

I hugged the random guy next to me when Jose scored at Wembley, he looked rather surprised but then hugged me back even harder when Scoogs scored! Back row of the top tier...I feared for my life with that drop!

Hugged strangers many a time although it's not the same in all-seaters. In the good old days of terraces, you could finish up miles from your original position in the midst of a mass goal celebration embrace (goes misty eyed at the memory of May 5th 1990!!)

You always found your way back to your original position though:confused:

I doubt you feel anywhere near as sad as I did trudging home on my own through the snow knowing that we could have won that.

But it's Swindon on Saturday and we still have Brayford!

The lonely walk home in the snow and slush on Wednesday will stay in my memory for a long time. My overriding though at the time was just "it's not fair, that shouldn't have happened, we should have gone on and got a 3rd, it's what we do in the cups now." Got home, soaked to the skin, sank 3 cans of lager in quick succession and then watched the highlights and saw how close Reed was to sending us to Wembley. I don't think I've ever been as equal parts proud and utterly devastated in 21 years watching the Blades :(

It's a far cry from the guy who ran 25 empty seats on the front row to embrace me when Scougall scored at Wembley.
No wonder you didn't come back to the pub after the game, you'd pulled!

I doubt you feel anywhere near as sad as I did trudging home on my own through the snow knowing that we could have won that.

But it's Swindon on Saturday and we still have Brayford!

My post match session in the lion lasted until closing, at which point I hailed a taxi on london road, didn't take no for an answer when he said that he wasn't comfortable driving to Chesterfield in the snow, I just kept repeating "it'll be fine pal", got to meadowhead and it was getting worse, I gave the same response. Half way up the bypass and knowing he couldn't turn back I got a little bit cocky. Finally arrived In chesterfield and upon paying over the odds I merely wished him farewell, followed with " I dont envy you driving back in this weather"

Back
Top Bottom