If Clarke does come in......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After Clarke comes in, are you happy to look at loans to complete our final business?

• YES

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • NO

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters

The_Green_Man

Slave to the NHS.
Reaction score
Would you be happy enough then to look at the loan market in order to fill our last requirements?

Our back four has been addressed and probably looks the best on paper that it has done since Maguire left at the very least.

We have added a bit more quality to our midfield, in my opinion signing one of the best players in the league.

If Clarke comes in and we keep Che or DCL, we have the best strike partnership in the league for me and some great rotational options.

We all know what we need still need but could these be achieved with Loanees?

The jury is still out with me i'm afraid hence why I wanted to gauge other opinions. A massive part of me would still like to see this wide man come in and be on our books however what quality exists out there at the minute that warrants doing so?. Would we find more value for money in a young, pacey, skillful player from a top flight team on loan? Somebody with bags of confidence and who desperately wants to get out there and play football.....Have we more chance of finding this in the short term with a loan this close to the season beginning?

Busy at this time. Will catch up with this later.

personally id like us to sign a couple more proven players permanantly and then take a gamble on a loan player or two. That way if they end up great, like phillips a few years ago,thrn gteat.And if they dont we dont have a massive gap in the side.

Think we need an experienced right footed CB so that would probably need to be permanent a loanee or 2 would be left winger and maybe cm (we did OK with coady there the other yr) and that will do us I'd prefer another keeper but looks like tufty is goin with long so fingers crossed there

Yes.

We should be using our entire loan allocation at this level. Premiership youngsters are cheap or free to bring in without the commitment of having them on the wage bill long term.

Oh great, Mods in early. Gone has the double post and Channel 4+1 comment and 2nd vote:(.

CB+CM...essential.
GK...maybe...

A young winger on loan would be fine by me...

CB+CM...essential.
GK...maybe...

A young winger on loan would be fine by me...

I mostly agree with this. Agree with winger loan but also lets just loan a keeper as to not block ramsdale's progress.

Any remaining budget should be spent on a CB and cm to provide long term partnerships for o'connell and Fleck.

Would you be happy enough then to look at the loan market in order to fill our last requirements?

Our back four has been addressed and probably looks the best on paper that it has done since Maguire left at the very least.

We have added a bit more quality to our midfield, in my opinion signing one of the best players in the league.

If Clarke comes in and we keep Che or DCL, we have the best strike partnership in the league for me and some great rotational options.

The jury is still out with me i'm afraid hence why I wanted to gauge other opinions. A massive part of me would still like to see this wide man come in and be on our books however what quality exists out there at the minute that warrants doing so?. Would we find more value for money in a young, pacey, skillful player from a top flight team on loan? Somebody with bags of confidence and who desperately wants to get out there and play football.....Have we more chance of finding this in the short term with a loan this close to the season beginning?

Clarke not here then yet , with no confirmation from the club. All good fun these if buts and fucking maybes .

The main criteria - is Wilder happy with loan system for certain players , for certain positions . It's lovely for us to speculate but it counts for jack shit.

Think we are better off not jumping the gun so much .

we should look t loans , but if we need a player for a position we cant jeopardise the whole season in a position, with a player that could leave
Only have 22 contracted first team members so far , want 2 in each

Clarke not here then yet , with no confirmation from the club. All good fun these if buts and fucking maybes .

The main criteria - is Wilder happy with loan system for certain players , for certain positions . It's lovely for us to speculate but it counts for jack shit.

Think we are better off not jumping the gun so much .

Don't understand how anyone can actually have a clue whether we have done good or bad business until we are actually into the season. So much speculation going on and so many new players no one actually has a clue until we have played a few games.

I have played in teams where you think pre season you are doing well then you hit your first game and it all looks like rat shit. And others where pre season has been a mare but once you hit the season it just clicks.

The pure number of players in means we won't have a clue until the season is underway.

I want to see a young Prem star, like Coventry had Armstrong last season and he grabbed quite a few goals. I wanna see that in a blades team.

Would you say we have any Impact players to come on off the bench? That may be another thing we need to address.

No more than two loans, probably only one. We have to re-invest as much of this pending Adams fee as we can in this transfer window, if we don't it will gradually get swallowed up not be spent on transfer fees.

The key central positions (CB, CM) should be permanents, and there's no excuse for them not top be if we've got good money to spend. Ideally these will also be in before the start of the season. If we sign a keeper that should also be a permanent deal.

The winger on the other hand I'd be happy to wait a bit longer for and accept a loan if it meant getting the best quality we can and there are no viable stand out permanent options available.

Im not against loans, but if we do get a cash injection from Adams/Maguire then we'd be very silly not to add quality on a permanent basis. Morsy is a no brainer and then perhaps someone like Kevin Long would be ideal.

Armstrong from Newcastle will go to the Championship on loan, so I think that can be ruled out. I'd rather get as much cash from Newcastle as possible, with us signing Clarke that completes our forward line.

Morsey, another centre back and a winger would be ideal.

Then as Wilder has hinted, we'd need to concentrate on moving some players out (ie Woolford, Freeman, Coutts).

If this was to happen I reckon it would be the most content we have been about a squad in a very long time.

For any possible loanees, we need to be looking at London academies, a pacey black guy who's trying to break into the spurs team.
Look at MK Dons when they got promoted half their squad were loanees from Spurs skillful and fast.
Although many would not want to travel 'up north'

Problem with loans is for every Matt Phillips there is a John Cofie, Michael O'Halloran, Dominic Poleon, Dean Hammond, Connor Sammon........

If we get another Matt Phillips then great, if not it's another wage taken up by someone shit! Premiership youngsters are the main culprits, ideally it's an experienced L1 player currently with a Championship club who we need.

For any possible loanees, we need to be looking at London academies, a pacey black guy who's trying to break into the spurs team.
Look at MK Dons when they got promoted half their squad were loanees from Spurs skillful and fast.
Although many would not want to travel 'up north'
As you say, many won't want to move up north for L1 football. I'm not sure who the Spurs players at MKD were, other than Alli who they loaned back to them.

What would make more sense is that our former academy director is now running Man U's academy so surely he can find some kid who's actually ready for L1 football?

On paper I'm happy with the business done so far, what we don't want to do now is go and spoil it by not finishing our business off after doing so well so far by not getting the finishing touches in. That being another CB, another CM who can get his head up and pass with a quick, forward and creative mentality and a LM.

I'm not too fussed about Clarke to be honest but if we do bring him in I hope this doesn't hinder us in getting the players in we desperately need We are not short in the attacking department, it's the creating part we lack in and don't let a pre season game against a shite Grimsby side fool anyone, we still need one as we will be playing much better opposition than Grimsby.

After all this, then and only then should we even consider any loans. Lets get our squad in first, who are our players and when all the Premier league teams and Championship sides have done their business let's see if we can get a gem of them to bolster our challenge to get out of this lovely league.

Absolutely this. We need a combative CM and a mean fucking bastard of a CB that are our's.
Agree. Essentially, we probably need to replace Che so we should be looking at Man U or Man City etc's equivalent. Someone with the kind of technical ability you can't really buy in L1, who is ready for first team football at our level, who wants to use the loan as a platform to show what they can do.

On a year loan with no recall clause.

What would make more sense is that our former academy director is now running Man U's academy so surely he can find some kid who's actually ready for L1 football?

Good point. That's surely an option for us.

Ahh, tha means like Woolford? Great shout.

We signed him rather than loaned him though, that was a shit signing rather than a poor loan.

We've had plenty of piss poor loans over the years but I think people are wanting to cut CW some slack so I'm trying to get with the programme, it's hard given history but I'm getting there.

Back
Top Bottom