I feel better already.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

.....when I think how boring it would be to support a Chelsea, a Man U or even a Spurs. We had more fun in 10 minutes than the other lot had in 90. Didn't turn up for the first hour but showed loads of bottle to get back in it. One day Blades, one day.

And we celebrate mediocrity again...........bloody hell we ran them close tho

All I ask from now on in, is we play the formation from the last 20 minutes in every home game we have left this season! We will win more than we lose!!

I wasn't there (gave my ticket to my nephew). Would you also play the same players as the last 20 mins?

The Beard will obviously have to come in, but would like to see how Higdon and Murphy get on together up front

i think higdon and adams would be a good pair up front. Higdon perfect for pulling defenders away leaving Adams or McNulty free to have a go.

Proud of the lads, feared the worst after 1st half showing but much better second half from everybody. Kept hold of the ball and used it better. Once the 2nd went in I actually thought we were gonna go on and get the 3rd. Defence switched off for a split second and erikson finished it with a classy Glynn Hodges esque finish. Fair play to spurs they probably deserved it overall but gotta be happy with that comeback.
Now to sort out that bloody league form!

Mediocrity? We played a $100,000,000 side and matched them. Proud! Che proved why it is difficult for Diego to get on the bench.

We didn't match them though, nowhere near.
And what's more we were never going to with the first 70 minutes showing. And that's not slagging them off, it's just true.

Tonight was all about getting the rabid dog that is the Sheffield United fan screaming blue murder at everything, but it became obvious after 10 minutes that it wasn't going to happen and the team bored everyone senseless. This cost us big time as the last twenty minutes showed what could have been if we'd woken up at 7.45.

I'm extremely proud of us tonight. We pushed them all the way despite them being a much better side than we are. Eriksen and Dembele in particular were top notch, Dembele just glides past players and Eriksen... well he just showed his class. The free kick was sensational.

I've got my head held high and I still think we'll go on to win promotion.

Final note - I've got extra found respect for Foxy and Linz tweeting like they do every week at matches. What a fucking nightmare it is doing that.

.....when I think how boring it would be to support a Chelsea, a Man U or even a Spurs. We had more fun in 10 minutes than the other lot had in 90. Didn't turn up for the first hour but showed loads of bottle to get back in it. One day Blades, one day.

But we did turn up for the first hour. Having lost that unfortunate goal in th first leg we had to play it tight. Only a 1 in 20 free kick spoiled the Plan A but even then we got back at them just when we were always going to test their resolve. Then the hammer blow. United all over - undeserved, out of the blue moment of magic, totally out of context.

Spoke to some Spurs fans walking up to car and they were really impressed with us second half.

2-2 seems like we matched them. game is 90 minutes. I thought we got it right overall. We tried to win at the end, not the beginning.

Anyway, a valiant effort. If anyone really expected us to dominate for 90 minutes they were in dream land. We had a chance to beat them, but not dominate them.

But we did turn up for the first hour. Having lost that unfortunate goal in th first leg we had to play it tight. Only a 1 in 20 free kick spoiled the Plan A but even then we got back at them just when we were always going to test their resolve. Then the hammer blow. United all over - undeserved, out of the blue moment of magic, totally out of context.

Disagree. We played to contain but didn't do it half as well as we did at their place. Gave the ball away cheaply and left gaps. To be fair nerves and very good opposition played its part. I'm just impressed that we drew on the night despite not playing to anywhere near our capabilities for the first hour. Shows we are a good side.

Back
Top Bottom