HUGE Praise for Adkins & the boys

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwitchBLADE Smiles

Reaction score
The result against Fulham on Tuesday could have well & truly knocked our duck off, but to come off the back of a 3-0 loss & win an away game against a good side, with a clean sheet to boot?! Awesome.

All the signs are there that this is our season. I get the feeling Adkins isn't completely satisfied with our squad & wants more players in, which shows real intent IMO. Bursting with pride after today considering the circumstances.

Much love,

One very happy blade x

Dealt with Byrne n kasim well as well the 2 players that could've caused us more trouble than anyone else

well weve beaten 2 top 6 sides from last season and seeing as 3 of them are in the championship now

can say weve beaten the only 2 sides that made the top 6 with us still here
and beaten one of the 3 relegated from the championship too

Hope I'm not talking too soon, but I believe Nigel Adkins could be our best manager since John Harris. I have no idea how we got him, but I sincerely hope he's with us for a long time.

Wow there, early days and he would have to go some bloody way to even begin to do what Dave Bassett achieved with buttons rather than real money. And until Adkins says the following I won't consider him close to the great man.

“ We couldn't hit a donkey's arse with a frying pan. ”

Don't think any of the players that lost against Fulham in mid week played today.

All today's players were fresh and still full of confidence.
It's getting a bit surreal how we seem to be winning so comfortably
And we still have plenty of room for improvement.

Gillingham game showed Adkins our problems and could be the most important game of the season.

Also shows the value of not over reacting to failure. Its about how you put it right and boy has he done that. I think Edgar along with the signings up front have made a massive difference to a team that wasn't a million miles away before.

Another Centre half would cheer me up but not sure we need a great deal more than that at this stage.

Gillingham game showed Adkins our problems and could be the most important game of the season.

Thought that as soon as it happened. For a team serious about promotion the best time for a wake up call is the first game of the season. Any other time and it's probably too late.

Tottally agree , but how many times us fans do not do it , and get carried away , either way of a result. Feet on the ground and take nothing for granted . Its SUFC.

UTB
we have 12 points
history tells us another 83 points to ensure promotion , and sometimes another 73 might
Ill go with the 82 to be sure from 41 games left at 2 poiints per game

Tuesday was effectively a meaningless training game. I don't think the result would have any bearing on today's game.

Next Tuesday will be the same. It'd be good to win just to give our cast of thousands game time in future weeks, and a chance to keep their eye in.

I thought you were hinting at JW who was missing today for no apparent reason. I'm with you re the fat idle one.

We didn't miss Baxter at all and so far nobody's had a go at McEveley who playing at left back seems to have kept THE danger man very quiet.

All in all a very good day..

Top manager, proactive following Gillingham game brought in Edgar at centre half to sort out defence, team looking more confident with every game and pure genius to put Baxter on against Fulham instructing him to play like Doyle in the cup game at BDTBL, 3 match ban should be 5!

Lol, add an apostrophe and it does read that way, but if the cap fits.........;)

Top manager, proactive following Gillingham game brought in Edgar at centre half to sort out defence, team looking more confident with every game and pure genius to put Baxter on against Fulham instructing him to play like Doyle in the cup game at BDTBL, 3 match ban should be 5!

The Edgar move was being sorted before Gillingham.

Back
Top Bottom