HRH 50% of not a lot

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade56

Yer avin a laff
Reaction score
now I walk in the shadow of the Valley of Death
Not my words, read full article from link below

Which brings us to the figure of 50% – the shared co-ownership of Sheffield United. Vitally, this is not of the institution as a whole but just the football club – which means that Prince Abdullah seemingly owns 50% of not a lot right now.

As the major team funder since he joined the McCabe family (a reported £13m input), the Prince’s private thoughts leave little to the imagination.

His gamble was on owning 50% of quite a lot – if/when United made the Premier League. Has he reached a funding limit considering it has only bought failure so far? Would he seek a controlling interest in order to put in more?

Whatever the answers, whoever steps forward, the club needs strong and clear leadership from the top. Rightly or wrongly, the January window debacle created the strong impression that manager Nigel Adkins is fronting for a disunited board.

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...heffield-united-again-1-7727526#ixzz3zrXxaqcQ

That Alan Biggs loves sticking the boot in dosen`t he.

Can hardly keep the smile from his distorted face :confused:

We dont have a football style, how could we, we dont buy what the manager needs ...........

We end up with what is available on loan

As we bumble towards another loan window, remember McCabe after the Burnley playoff defeat .

Where we finished with Craig Beattie and Arturo Lupoli up front, both on loan

"We need to stop relying on loans"

Before the final he said

upload_2016-2-11_12-55-32.png

He likes mentioning the likes of Aresenal, and Liverpool (Game Changing)

Looks like Loans are back in for Kevin McCabe, bloke with Feet of Clay

Hah. 'Long ball'. Have we ever stopped booting it long for the imagined runner? Even when we tried to play it through the midfield, it was down to Stephen Quinn with his deft, over the shoulder hooks strainght to the opposition back four.

I hate 'long ball', but it seems ingrained in the kit we wear since Harry Bassett arrived and we had the tall, commanding skill of Brian Deane and the deft, execution of Tony Hang-glider. Two definite 'target men' as opposed to the shitness of Ashley Ward and his 'holds it up and brings others into the game' and the bambi-on-ice of Rob Hulse. But we still humped it long. Even with options down the flanks and someone to carry it forward like Brown. I watched the Southampton game last season and much of it was 'boom!' into their back four for long periods of the game. So predictable and defendable. Watch Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea and see how many times their back four wind up the old foot and put some snow on it. They don't. The longest pass is 60m, and usually diagonally to pick out a winger who has dropped off his marker and has his arms up waving. Rooney does it a lot. Then there's the supporting midfielder or defender tucked up to either draw opposition forward (to open out the penetrating run from the attackers) or to give and go further down the wing for the cross. We do it sometimes, but more often than not it ends up ricocheting out of play.

And as for 50% - can you imagine the dialogue between HRH and McCabe these days?

pommpey

He's chucked 10m into the club hasn't he? More than you or I. Not sure he deserves such a personal attack.

But is £10m really more than you or I put in?

Does the contribution of a typical working class United fan over say 30-40 years - season ticket when affordable, extortiant match day prices when not, pie & pint every fortnight, long journeys in bitter, driving rain to crappy places in winter to roar the lads on. You get the gist..

Is this less worthy than some ultra rich Arab, who scoops some small change out of his robes in exchange for the false promise of riches?

I am grateful for his contribution, but it is proportionally very meagre compared to the vast majority of actual blades.

I tell you what though.

The 'long-ball' version of football was arrived at through some simple stats drawn up by some schoolmaster somewhere. It merely meant that the more you got the ball into the opposition's half and penalty area, the more you scored - so far thats not rocket salad.

The other obvious, closely related statistic is that the more you shoot, the more goals you are likely to score.

THAT is what was so refreshing to see about Vardy's 'wonder-goal' t'other night. For me, it wasn't its execution (though of course that was perfect), it was the fact that he just got the ball and BANG, off it went - and IN it went.

Obviously players halfway down the third division won't be as confident as Leicester City's centre-forward is right now. But they must have the confidence to take a chance, have a shot - not nesh out of every opportunity.

Because passing the BALL is often exactly the same thing as passing the BUCK.

But is £10m really more than you or I put in?

Does the contribution of a typical working class United fan over say 30-40 years - season ticket when affordable, extortiant match day prices when not, pie & pint every fortnight, long journeys in bitter, driving rain to crappy places in winter to roar the lads on. You get the gist..

Is this less worthy than some ultra rich Arab, who scoops some small change out of his robes in exchange for the false promise of riches?

I am grateful for his contribution, but it is proportionally very meagre compared to the vast majority of actual blades.

Take your point WYB. However I really don't think hes 'ultra rich'. He got a bog roll factory or something and is worth about 100 million. Yes a massive amount but not ultra rich by Russian/Saudi billionaire standards. So if he has spent 10 million, that has put quite a dent in his fortune.

A pretty depressing, but possibly quite accurate summation.

I'd take Alan Biggs finding sticks to beat the club with over James Shield's hand wringing rationalisation of our predicament any day of the week - at least Biggs' articles don't read like a club press release

First 'Thundercunt', now this.

S24SU is utterly brilliant. Thanks Tyler, I mean it.

After reading in the Urban Dictionary that "thundercunt" is one of the worst insults there is I've been trying to work it into an everyday conversation.

The trouble is idle urchins mates may see him as some trendy hipster ( didn't we used to call this the oldest swinger in town?) but mine aren't going to wear that from me. The only option now is to try it out with the cider drinking chavs stood outside the Londis and damn the repercussions.

He's chucked 10m into the club hasn't he? More than you or I. Not sure he deserves such a personal attack.

While I don't necessarily agree with the personal attack, it's not like he's put the money in out of the goodness of his heart or for a love of Sheffield United.

He did it for pure profit.

Nothing less.

Not my words, read full article from link below

Which brings us to the figure of 50% – the shared co-ownership of Sheffield United. Vitally, this is not of the institution as a whole but just the football club – which means that Prince Abdullah seemingly owns 50% of not a lot right now.

As the major team funder since he joined the McCabe family (a reported £13m input), the Prince’s private thoughts leave little to the imagination.

His gamble was on owning 50% of quite a lot – if/when United made the Premier League. Has he reached a funding limit considering it has only bought failure so far? Would he seek a controlling interest in order to put in more?

Whatever the answers, whoever steps forward, the club needs strong and clear leadership from the top. Rightly or wrongly, the January window debacle created the strong impression that manager Nigel Adkins is fronting for a disunited board.

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...heffield-united-again-1-7727526#ixzz3zrXxaqcQ

Regarding the 50/50 shareholding and the comments surrounding it, that's been discussed on here for some months.

Biggs has been way behind the times for years.

While I don't necessarily agree with the personal attack, it's not like he's put the money in out of the goodness of his heart or for a love of Sheffield United.

He did it for pure profit.

Nothing less.

Well I'm not sure profit is a sole driver for the involvement in football, but clearly he doesn't have the same emotional attachment as we do. He'll approach investment with the same caution anyone else would. If I had £150m, I'd seriously question investing £10m in SUFC and I'm a Blade.

I would imagine Prince Abdullah hoped the money he's put in so far would be enough to have us promoted at a canter by now. But instead of doing what most clubs in this division do buying good players from this division and below we've been spending lots and lots of money convincing players who were good once to come and give it a go here and see if they're still any good (SPOILER: they aren't)

Imagine a team full of Matt Dones and Che Adams's rather than a team full of hammonds and coutts's.Time to stop bggging, pleading, bribing unwanted past it crocked shite to "drop down" to our level and get some decent players in from elsewhere, league 2, europe even? Whoever is in charge of our transfer poilcy is ultimately to blame for the shambles we've become, the money has been put in most people can see that, we spend more than most of this division combined, it's just been spent on shit

Reactions: AJS
Let's be practical and break this 'long ball' down.

1. If one of our defenders were to boot it long down the field, which of the current squad would be mobile enough to catch it?

2. You need someone who can head the ball upfront.

3. Maybe some wingers also...

Re: Princey's £10 million.

Gate receipts alone for 2013 were £3.7m
2012: £4.5m

Collectively, 'we' have put far, far more into the club, in terms of cash...never mind emotionally.

“You are what your record says you are”
-McCabe

2013 accounts.

Something something Dan Burn. Something game changing something something.

Someone needs to start a huge conga line against Port Vale. I'm quite bored of everything United at the moment.

Bit stereotypical "that barbaric lot" not sure what the prince has personally done to deserve abuse.

Let's drop the 'HRH' stuff. He's a fat scruffy cunt whose dad presides over one of the scummiest nations on earth.

We could refer to him by his name - Abdullah Al Saud in the shortened version - or refer to "Al Saud" just as we refer to "McCabe".

Back
Top Bottom