How would you feel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
If you were Matty Done, go off on 81 minutes and scoring the goal that has your team 1-0 up... only to lose 2-1.

Pissed off like the rest of us maybe?

Done wouldn't have influenced us in any way to not concede the goals. Nor did we have a chance to equalise other than Doyle's half chance.

I believe his exact feeling was 'knackered'

Knackered or not, he was still running around more than anyone on the pitch, looked fitter than the rest and was our only threat. He could have lasted another 10 mins. Shocking decision to take him off by Negative Nigel.

Pissed off like the rest of us maybe?

Done wouldn't have influenced us in any way to not concede the goals. Nor did we have a chance to equalise other than Doyle's half chance.

Admittedly he was getting tired but Done is the very epitome of defending from the front. His chasing means defenders have to play on the hurry-up, leading to mistakes.

With no striker on the pitch at the end we gave Peterborough all the way up to the half way line an allowed them to launch attacks at their leisure.

Knackered or not, he was still running around more than anyone on the pitch, looked fitter than the rest and was our only threat. He could have lasted another 10 mins. Shocking decision to take him off by Negative Nigel.
Perhaps he'd have pulled a hamstring if he stayed on

so we let Flynn pull one instead?
obviously i didn't go i was at Sturm Graz.. i saw we were winning and i come home to find we let two goals in in one minute.. wtf happened?

Admittedly he was getting tired but Done is the very epitome of defending from the front. His chasing means defenders have to play on the hurry-up, leading to mistakes.

With no striker on the pitch at the end we gave Peterborough all the way up to the half way line an allowed them to launch attacks at their leisure.

He switched to 4-5-1 with Murphy up front. A position many have been wanting him to play in. What happened next was a massive stroke of bad luck. First Flynn's through ball was intercepted which would've put Murphy 1-on-1, then Flynn got injured which meant we had to change the formation again with Murphy going back to the left and ultimately leaving us with nobody upfront (a half injured Flynn).

I'm not sure what people want/expect Clough to do. Had Flynn got injured 5 minutes earlier, he would've been subbed. He didn't, we had run out of subs by the time he did.

so we let Flynn pull one instead?
obviously i didn't go i was at Sturm Graz.. i saw we were winning and i come home to find we let two goals in in one minute.. wtf happened?

We started well - first 15 mins.

But then it was a case of different formation, same negative approach. Everyone back for their corners, constantly passing it back to our keeper etc. Clough takes off both strikers, we sit back and invite them on - and a combination of poor goalkeeping and defending gifts them 2 goals. The Flynn injury didn't help but it happened 5 mins from the end - it doesn't excuse what happened for most of the match.

Yet another inept home performance.

Back
Top Bottom