How others see us - Bristol Rovers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jesus wept ! Sothal you find that interesting ? Two minutes of my life I'll not get back

Jesus wept ! Sothal you find that interesting ? Two minutes of my life I'll not get back

Well I did say "quite" interesting. Like reading the obituary of a faded pop star you once admired.

I'm always quite interested to read what fans of other clubs think about us.
To see how much they know, what they get wrong and what they get right.

I find it quite interesting that this bloke doesn't even mention our two Cup Semi Final exploits.
You would expect them to have caught the eye of the neutral observer more than our League One travails.

Last edited:
Let's hope for an early or late away trip to Bristol and some good weather. Cracking city. A bank holiday weekend would be ideal.

Not really tat many errors.

He's much better informed than I would be about Bristol Rovers without spending hours doing the research.
However:-

Next season will be our sixth attempt at returning to The Championship not the fifth attempt.
We finished 18th in The Premier League not 23rd.
I think West Ham paid us £25M in compensation not £20M.
We have only made the play-offs three seasons out of five in League One not four out of five.
We have only been in the League One Play Off Final once not twice.
Morgan wasn't fired after being caretaker manager, he left by mutual consent a couple of seasons later.

He's much better informed than I would be about Bristol Rovers without spending hours doing the research.
However:-

Next season will be our sixth attempt at returning to The Championship not the fifth attempt.
We finished 18th in The Premier League not 23rd.
I think West Ham paid us £25M in compensation not £20M.....
We have only made the play-offs three seasons out of five in League One not four out of five.
We have only been in the League One Play Off Final once not twice.
Morgan wasn't fired after being caretaker manager, he left by mutual consent a couple of seasons later.

.....and I, for one, spend most of my waking hours wondering where it went to

Looks like it's written by an East European:

The much strongness of the iron blades will surely cause their forceful return to the league top places

"It was as recently as the 2006-2007 season that Sheffield United were in the Premier League, when they finished 23rd – though their end to the season was marred with controversy. "

I enjoyed this bit, as its some achievement to finish 23rd in a 20 team league

The Prince being worth £18 billion is what I'm confused by
That's more than TWICE what Abramovich is worth and almost what Sheik Mansour is worth

The Prince being worth £18 billion is what I'm confused by
That's more than TWICE what Abramovich is worth and almost what Sheik Mansour is worth
Though the club are backed by Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, a man whose uncle is estimated to be worth around $18-billion,

You can tell it's written by a League 2 fan, the MK Dons one says they'll be aiming for a top 7 finish. I can't imagine anyone aiming to come 7th.

Though the club are backed by Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, a man whose uncle is estimated to be worth around $18-billion,

Yes, I speed read it a little too speedily

Seriously though, I have an aunt and uncle who are self made multi millionaires, they run a fantastic holiday and leisure complex and own practically every amenity in the holiday resort where they live, golf courses, amusement arcades, caravan parks, apartments, restaurants and bars. You name it, they probably own it.

The nearest I'll get to seeing any of it is if I go there on holiday, and I'd still have to pay the full price.
And just like my aunt and uncle the Prince's uncle would probably not be a donor of any sort to him.

Back
Top Bottom