How Long Will The Run Go On....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VLYDONIMIR

Totus tuus ego sum, Maria...
Reaction score
Kick Off - August 06th 2016.

It will be the 231st consecutive day since Chris Wilder managed a team that lost a FL match.

What were the longest runs in our previous manager's histories?

Wins/Draws/Defeats,
Non scoring, etc etc ..

The list(s) are endless.

It will be the 231st consecutive day since Chris Wilder managed a team that lost a FL match.

Wins/Draws/Defeats,
Non scoring, etc etc ..

The list(s) are endless.

Tha's done now Lydon, the kiss of death.

Wins/Draws/Defeats,
Non scoring, etc etc ..

The list(s) are endless.

More important right now, Mr Rotten, is how long your set list will be two weeks tomorrow night. If I didn't know, and revere, the contempt with which you will doubtless treat "fan requests", I could propose you a set of post-Pistols material running for around three hours. And even then I'd only be about three quarters satisfied :)

Last time I saw you on an indoor stage, tho, you had a severe nap on about five minutes in, so I'm assuming a springsteenathon is out, and that the best I'll get might be around an hour and a quarter. I could suggest that you raise yer game, but, frankly, 75 mins of yerself and Lou is better than 75 hours of most of the shit masquerading as rock n roll in this or any era.

Just play "Cruel", right, and we'll call it quits ?

Wins/Draws/Defeats,
Non scoring, etc etc ..

The list(s) are endless.
We could be the Friday night live game in which case it would only be 230 days.

Wins/Draws/Defeats,
Non scoring, etc etc ..

The list(s) are endless.
We didn't have a manager then but we didn't lose a league match between April 29th 1899 and January 20th 1900. I think that is 266 days. We were unbeaten for the first 22 league games of the 1899-1900 season. We lost only 4 league games that season but finished 2nd as Aston Villa did better than us

Nigel Clough is responsible for one of the greatest league runs in the history of the club. From 8th February 2014 to 11th March 2014 we won seven matches in a row without conceding a single goal. We drew the eighth match in that sequence 0-0 away at Preston on St. Patrick's Day so that made it 8 clean sheets in a row. Amazing stuff.

The longest unbeaten run I've ever seen was at the start of the 2012-13 season when we went 16 matches unbeaten until the 1-0 loss at MK Dons on 10th November.

The longest unbeaten run I've ever seen was at the start of the 2012-13 season when we went 16 matches unbeaten until the 1-0 loss at MK Dons on 10th November.

For me it was between March 9th 1971 (Battle of Bramall Lane defeat against Hull) and October 2nd 1971 (2-0 defeat at Man U - that George Best goal in 84th min- 20,000 fans locked out). 207 days, I think

Warnock did 157 days between losing at Norwich in our promotion season and White Heart Lane in the Prem.

Wilder is the first manager we've appointed at the end of a season who has been in work (think Adams was our last in work appointment) so the others have all had gaps in employment before joining us.

Nigel Clough is responsible for one of the greatest league runs in the history of the club. From 8th February 2014 to 11th March 2014 we won seven matches in a row without conceding a single goal. We drew the eighth match in that sequence 0-0 away at Preston on St. Patrick's Day so that made it 8 clean sheets in a row. Amazing stuff.

If you count games lost on penalties as draws (as is the convention in football statistics), we went 24 games unbeaten in league and cup between losing at MKD on 21/4/12 and losing there again on 10/11/12. Even if we exclude penalty losses, the unbeaten league run was 18 games counting the 2 draws at the end of the 11-12 league season.

We didn't have a manager then but we didn't lose a league match between April 29th 1899 and January 20th 1900. I think that is 266 days. We were unbeaten for the first 22 league games of the 1899-1900 season. We lost only 4 league games that season but finished 2nd as Aston Villa did better than us
Maybe no manager is the answer then. Let's try that next.
UTB

Maybe no manager is the answer then. Let's try that next.
UTB
No, it was the same for nearly all the football clubs then. These days the football clubs were run like cricket clubs did. The committee would select the teams and the captain decide on tactics etc.

A draw isn't a result.

A result can only occur when the contest comes to a conclusion.
And at the conclusion of the penalty shoot out you can observe that the game was drawn by subtracting goals scored by team A from goals scored by team B and finding an answer of zero.

What's your stance on two legged ties with away goals rule?

No, it was the same for nearly all the football clubs then. These days the football clubs were run like cricket clubs did. The committee would select the teams and the captain decide on tactics etc.
Bit like this season then. It didn't seem like anyone was selecting the team.

I'd count two legged ties as two draws for the losing team because they are actually draws.

Warnock did 157 days between losing at Norwich in our promotion season and White Heart Lane in the Prem.

Wilder is the first manager we've appointed at the end of a season who has been in work (think Adams was our last in work appointment) so the others have all had gaps in employment before joining us.
Because they were fucking useless.

Back
Top Bottom