Homeform the key to promotion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dalelane01

Reaction score
Our homeform needs to drastically improve this season to stand any chance of finishing in the top two.home form last season won10 drawn 7 lost 6 compare this with bristol citywho only lost 2 at home all season at home and mk dons who only lost 4 at home with preston losing just 1game at home. although our away record was above average w9 d7 L7 it was not as good as bristol city or mk dons we need to be more positive certainly when we have home advantage and hopefully under n/a he will be more positive about winning home games than clough was . Also we dont want to get on our own players backs to easily early on in the season so we supporters have our part to play sure newnnigelncan sort this out

Agree totally about the fans.

And that new Nige knows exactly what a positive or negative impact the crowd can have on the players on the pitch.

Which if you think about it, does lend itself to the "if you score 3 we will get 4 gung ho type mentality" that maybe gives Managers heart problems but certainly gets the crowd going !!

Wouldn't it be great to be tonking teams regularly at home ??

UTB.

Yeh thats whats really needed to get our fans going a bit of excitement which was lacking most of last season totally agree with your comment cant wait for season to start .new signings new manager fresh outlook feeling this is going to be an exciting season

803707bd77addc484b42dd0ac5a87c9a0bfa8251b631440ded468689d354c0e4.jpg

Bert has spent years trying to work out a plan. Finally he has come up with one.....
What about if we try to score more goals than the team we are playing?

Thoughts anyone?
Sounds liken the perfect tactics to me you would make a good football manager or are you already one in disguise bert

Home form is also the key to home attendances.

Although I could not get to all games, I had a season ticket last season, but was absolutely bored stiff by the style of football. I didn't manage to see any of the good wins, and the only exception was the home draw to Spurs (my last game).

This season I haven't bothered to get a season ticket, and my attendance will be determined by the enthusiasm I gain from the early games.

I hope we win, but most of all I want to be entertained by the quality and effort of our players.

I agree with your point about the fans influence, it's very powerful. However I dont think anyone, let alone a few forum posts can change fans moaning at a few mistakes. It's always been that way and always will and thats something nobody can control, its human instinct to get pissed off at a mistake your team makes.

In my opinion it's down to the 11 players on the pitch to improve and win games, the players are the ones that can change for the better, the players play worse, fans get less supportive, the players play well and the fans get behind them. Its simple. The players can change for the worse or the better but the fans will always remain consistent, unhappy about bad play and supportive of good play, exactly the way it should be. So its up to the players to control the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom