Home coming looking bleak

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade too long

weve come home
Reaction score
Well was looking forward to a pre xmas break of 5 days back in th old country , and the home game v Coventry, but if we dont beat Barnsley and lose to Coventry I must remember to wear thick socks for when I go to the car park and start throwing shoes,
The thought of stagnating yet again is too terrible to contemplate, but its starting to look like another season of falling 15 to 20 points short is looming , unless theres major surgery , and the wild geese of August who took flight look to have flown South for the Winter-

Should whip out the geese video again as they seem to have been watching one with Lemmings in it

Well was looking forward to a pre xmas break of 5 days back in th old country , and the home game v Coventry, but if we dont beat Barnsley and lose to Coventry I must remember to wear thick socks for when I go to the car park and start throwing shoes,
The thought of stagnating yet again is too terrible to contemplate, but its starting to look like another season of falling 15 to 20 points short is looming , unless theres major surgery , and the wild geese of August who took flight look to have flown South for the Winter-

Should whip out the geese video again as they seem to have been watching one with Lemmings in it

MY dear God a non positive post from BTL.

Things are fucking bad :-(

Its still very possible to go up , but theres got to be big changes, Last night was the third really really awful display this season
these sort of displays should be being eradicated by a manager of worth
Its has to change before xmas

70 points might be enough to get us into the play-offs. We need another 44 points from 27 games.
WE CAN STILL DO IT. BRING ON THE DINGLES!!! BRING BACK THE BEARD!! :johnbrayford:

70 points might be enough to get us into the play-offs. We need another 44 points from 27 games.
WE CAN STILL DO IT. BRING ON THE DINGLES!!! BRING BACK THE BEARD!! :johnbrayford:
I'm going to pronounce my customary "this is a must win game".

Unfortunately the fuckers don't listen.

It'll be unfortunate for them if we lose on Saturday because they have to walk right past us to get into the dressing room.

I predict a riot.

People are looking at wrong end of the table.

This wasn't realised until it was too late in the 2010-2011season.

Let's hope we wake up and smell the coffee soon.

Can't believe you've already given up by November.

Plenty of teams have come back from this position to win the league.

John Denver hit the nail on the head. You know things are really really bad when BTL (probably the most optimistic poster on here) posts as he has.

Having watched the game on BP and listened to it last night I thought the fans were more than fair to the players ( what a load of rubbish and you're not fit to wear the shirt). Last night they were rubbish and they were not fit to wear the shirt. No exceptions. Every single one of them-from little boy lost Reed to the past it paceless pensioner Collins. From the " proven goalscorer" Sharp who couldn't buy a goal at the moment to that panic stricken rabbit in the headlights Long. Every single one of them. No appetite for it, no fight, no teamwork, no bottle, no movement, nowhere near enough skill and no ideas. Not a decent centre half amongst the squad neither. And how long has that truth been staring them in the face? They need to do something and fast, Doing nothing is not an option.

The trouble is I have found myself nervously looking down the table and not at the top - is it really 3 league wins in 14 matches :(:(:(:( Three league wins since the beginning of September. We haven't won away since August. That is bordering relegation form. :(:(:(:( Those ruddy white shirts are cursed I think.

The manager is seeking solutions he says - which means he doesn't know how to fix it. Let's hope he gets lucky and quickly.

In the meantime when they try to treat the fans like Pavlovian dogs and play those first few bars of Annie's Song can I suggest everyone stays absolutely silent and don't sing the ruddy thing as a protest until they truly do fill up our senses and then we can sing it when we want and not when they want us to. Just a thought.

UTB

Even im shocked at how bad we are and i had given up on promotion in august 2014 and havent seen anything to change my mind since

Hard to know what the clubs strategy is as the ony person talking is a silver tongued american exec

But from the outside it appears to be to sell anyone good ,spend as little as possible ,fritter away the promised investment on paying mccabes debts and take away enough responsibility from the manager to render him useless but just enough to blame him when things go wrong

Have i missed anything ?

In the meantime when they try to treat the fans like Pavlovian dogs and play those first few bars of Annie's Song can I suggest everyone stays absolutely silent and don't sing the ruddy thing as a protest until they truly do fill up our senses and then we can sing it when we want and not when they want us to. Just a thought.
I really like that suggestion. We could call it You Fill Up My Silence.

Even im shocked at how bad we are and i had given up on promotion in august 2014 and havent seen anything to change my mind since

Hard to know what the clubs strategy is as the ony person talking is a silver tongued american exec

But from the outside it appears to be to sell anyone good ,spend as little as possible ,fritter away the promised investment on paying mccabes debts and take away enough responsibility from the manager to render him useless but just enough to blame him when things go wrong

Have i missed anything ?
The fans making it a cauldron of fear for the players?

Did you mention sell anyone good?

Don't be so negative :confused:

Just a thought reading through the above posts regarding the traditional and accepted singing of Blades anthem the GCB Annie's song and not singing it. I've noticed over the last few home games that apathy has set in when singing the GCB. Refusing to sing would be a kind of silent protest and one where the board members may get the very real message of " we're really pissed off " as would the players I suppose.

Maybe Gary Sinclair could replace it with something like " Champions of the underdog " which served us well through our cup campaign and got the adrenalin flowing a bit more. Yes I know it's the league programme but any things worth a try I suppose and if it coincides with ditching the white anniversary kit for the traditional RED & WHITE STRIPES then maybe it's worth a try and better than nothing.

That's my opinion for what it's worth.

UTB

Glad somebody brought this up, it's a good silent protest, and it might affect the players granted, but can they actually get any worse at the minute, I'm in.

Glad somebody brought this up, it's a good silent protest, and it might affect the players granted, but can they actually get any worse at the minute, I'm in.

Dirty protest would be more apt

Back
Top Bottom