Holding Response from South Yorks Police

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FSF

Reaction score
All

Having sent off the many accounts I received from you about policing at Barnsley a couple of weeks ago, I received the following from SYP yesterday:

"...I have discussed the matter with the silver and relevant bronze commander, as you are no doubt aware, as Gold - I don't lead the tacticaI plan delivery, so I was not sighted on the detail of the issues you raise.

As expected we had a significant number of fans travel by rail and a partnership plan with British Transport Police (BTP) was put in place.

BTP have primacy for the operation within the station grounds. So as to not overload the platform a considerable number of supporters remained on Schwabisch Gmund Way outside the Interchange. The BTP Inspector initiated this phased entry of fans into the Interchange, by using his staff to limit access.

SYP managed outside the Interchange and monitored the Sheffield United supporters due to efforts of opposing fans to reach that location. During this waiting time on Schwabisch Gmund Way the SU supporters had the whole width of the road to relax/wait for their trains.

There is a BTP de-brief being held in Leeds which I’ve asked our Bronze commander to attend to give the SYP perspective. It is likely we will have more detail after that debrief, and I will pass that update once completed

I hope this helps as an interim update..."

As and when I receive the update, I'll of course post it on here and contact supporters individual too.

Amanda FSF

Do they get coloured ribbons that can be attached to their uniforms with a safety pin, just for competing, too?

Where's the response from the Durham Constabulary (aka The Reciprocal Overtime Scam) as they seem to be as much in evidence at matches as SYPD?

[QUOTE="FSF, post: 750496, member: 2075"So as to not overload the platform a considerable number of supporters remained on Schwabisch Gmund Way [/QUOTE]

That must have been some council meeting to be that pissed when it got round to the road naming part.

Where's the response from the Durham Constabulary (aka The Reciprocal Overtime Scam) as they seem to be as much in evidence at matches as SYPD?
Let me have a crack at it

as you are no doubt aware, as Gold - I don't lead the Bulging Wage Packet plan delivery, so I was not sighted on the detail of the issues you raise.

What the OP means is SYP chiefs are still concocting their stories for the plod on the ground to write into their note books, a statement will be released when they are certain they are all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Sounds like a "baffle 'em with bull" response to me.

Last edited:

I understand this lot were out in force at the Donkey Derby at the sty this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom