High Point of the Season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've sat for 10 whole minutes trying to think of a high point of the season but it's been so utterly shit I can't think of one. If beating Walsall or Bradford or drawing at Wigan which was piss poor for 70 minutes is a high point then it just shows what a dreadful season we have had. For our club to be about to potentially finish in its worst position for over 30 years we should be trying to forget this season as quickly as possible in my opinion

Playing really well against Bradford at home.

Coutts looked a class above and for half an hour it was really exciting.

I thought we'd turned a corner. I was asking experiencing the zenith.

Yup, that was it. We outfought and outfootballed them.

Either Bradford or Walsall at home and Chessy, Swindon, Peterboro and 20 minutes at Wigan away..... slim pickings indeed!

byeah, Bradford at home was pretty great, as was Oldham. The 3-1 against Donny at home was the last time I really thought we could scrape top 2. Getting a 1-0 at their place and doing the double on them has to be mentioned. You're looking at well under 10 games this season where it's been something to write home about, at the end of the day. Not even a decent cup run to shout about. Well, we would've taken Manure back to the Lane in January if Memphis hadn't have dived.

I was in Suffolk working away when we beat Peterborough away and remember thinking "We're onto something with this Sammon. He's gonna get a hat full this season" :D What a dick!

Home win against Coventry. I have a group of mates who support them and who were incensed at the 'rough treatment ', mcleverly not getting sent off and the disallowed goal (well crossing the line and not being given). I have never had such abuse after a game.

I spent a couple of great months calling them and their players pansies and little girls. I also like to think that we started the rot in their form.

Even when they beat us on Saturday and tried to gloat, I could just point out that they are as crap as us and our season was effectively over so I didn't care.

Tuesday 15th of September - Lost 3-2 at home to Colchester.
After biting into a steaming hot pie during the 3-1 home defeat against Bury 3 days before, my mouth had recovered sufficiently to have another head-to-head with one of our unfeasibly blistering, plutonium-heated steak pies.
This time, I overcame the temptation to 'dive straight in' and allowed sufficient cooling time to avoid a repeat of said minor inconvenience.
It actually tasted nicer too.

Let's have some positivity!
Wigan away
3-0 down; their fans singing "you're f***in shit" & our fans singing "we're f***in shit". Cue the fight back from embarrassed players.
3-3; our fans singing "you're just as shit"
It made me smile for about the only time this season.

Going to every game to watch the Blades home and away with my son, whos 25, its just a fantstic feeling to still see him every week. The score line win or lose makes no difference to me its about quality time. Even better is the fact its a 300 mile round trip to the Lane from our home, I have a lot to be thankful for supporting Sheffield Utd,

Last edited:
That would have been the away game at Port Vale. Vale Park is the highest ground in League One, at 525 feet above sea level.

That game also served up so old school football hooliganism, which was funny to watch. The Vale hard lads lining up for a scrap outside their shit hole of a ground. Thank god that those two small policewomen managing to hold back the rampaging Vale mob!

The highlight of the season has been Billy Sharp. I am not usually a fan of players returning but this one proved me wrong. His first goal of the season, in front of the kop, was great, you could see what it meant to him and what it meant to the fans.

Boundary Park is close, but no cigar. 509 feet above sea level.

Back
Top Bottom