Higdon at Oldham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score

Scored on his debut midweek.

Scored 1, set 1 up and had one taken off him and given as an O.G. yesterday.

Careful what you wish for blades. Clearly Oldham are using him correctly and reaping the rewards, something we have never done.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11737/10015566/gillingham-v-oldham
I've said it before matt, we never played to his strengths and when you look at his goal scoring record there's only us where he's really failed. Played in the right way and he'll get you goals. What a player he is now he's left Pinchy ;)

Careful what you wish for blades.

I'm wishing that players on substantial money contributing bugger all to the squad with bugger all chance of playing in the first team are moved on as quickly as possible. This loan is working perfectly in that respect. Hopefully we might be able to sell him in January if he keeps this form up.

I'm wishing that players on substantial money contributing bugger all to the squad with bugger all chance of playing in the first team are moved on as quickly as possible. This loan is working perfectly in that respect. Hopefully we might be able to sell him in January if he keeps this form up.

What a bonus if Higo is our big January sell?

Believe me, yesterday we needed someone like Higdon. When the teams first came out I thought, "bloody hell, a team that doesn't tower over us for once!", but they were solidly built and knocked us off the ball time after time, I would think Higdon in the right frame of mind would have given then some back.

hes not everyones cup of tea
but he does whats written on the tin
goal scorer , he scores when given the games

porter was never popular
but he dispatches the ball in the net at colchester, when fit

Games at Colchester: 24
Goals at Colchester: 7

Careful what you wish for blades. Clearly Oldham are using him correctly and reaping the rewards, something we have never done

The predictable boring post we expect, when we let a player go and he scores one goal.
There is a pressure playing for Sheff Utd there isn't for Oldham, ask Forte.

How bad must we be when we've got people pining for Michael Fucking Higdon.
I thought the same when people were pining over Chris Feckin Porter When he went.
That's the same Chris Porter that Chezzie wouldn't play as he was that shite. Some of our fans are just plain daft......

Careful what you wish for blades. Clearly Oldham are using him correctly and reaping the rewards, something we have never done

The predictable boring post we expect, when we let a player go and he scores one goal.
There is a pressure playing for Sheff Utd there isn't for Oldham, ask Forte.

I've been wanting Higdon to get a run of games for months but he hasn't been given that chance.

The pass for his assist was lovely and the goal he scored he took fantastically well.

Difference with this loan is that he is proving he can score against the teams in our division. Not failing to score in the league below as De Girolamo has failed to do prolifically.

Nyron Nosworthy probably played in a defence that kept a clean sheet the first game after he left. Doesn't automatically make him Vincent Kompany.

2 games. 2 goals. 1 assist.

If only careers were played out over two games...

I'm sure towd Nyron - & even Jordan Stewart - have strung together two decent games in succession at some point in their careers (though, like Michael Higdon, not for Sheffield United).

And how about the full games we gave him?
How did those go?

was always injured
hes getting back to full fitness
forwards get injuries get barren spells , then get fit and come back firing
thought youd been watching football for a while

even shearer went 14 games without a goal after injury

not like theres 20 or 30 players scoring 30 a season
Done was 5th top scorer with 17 last season in this division

was always injured
hes getting back to full fitness
forwards get injuries get barren spells , then get fit and come back firing
thought youd been watching football for a while

even shearer went 14 games without a goal after injury

not like theres 20 or 30 players scoring 30 a season
Done was 5th top scorer with 17 last season in this division

He wasn't always injured at all.
Shearer and Higdon in the same sentence, now I've really heard it all.
And he's hardly come back firing on all cylinders, he's scored 2 goals!

Come the end of the season, Sharp, Done and Sammon will ALL score more goals than he does.

He wasn't always injured at all.
Shearer and Higdon in the same sentence, now I've really heard it all.
And he's hardly come back firing on all cylinders, he's scored 2 goals!

Come the end of the season, Sharp, Done and Sammon will ALL score more goals than he does.

well they get regular appearances, higdons never had a 10 game run
and shearer was an example of forwards going withiout goals not to compare with higdion
you do say some idiotic things

[QUOTE="blade too long, post: 844242, member: 4665"
you do say some idiotic things[/QUOTE]

Most ironic thing I've ever read.

Scored on his debut midweek.

Scored 1, set 1 up and had one taken off him and given as an O.G. yesterday.

Careful what you wish for blades. Clearly Oldham are using him correctly and reaping the rewards, something we have never done.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11737/10015566/gillingham-v-oldham

Really? He scored on his debut for us so I assume we used him correctly for one game.

How bad must we be when we've got people pining for Michael Fucking Higdon.

This.

Believe me, yesterday we needed someone like Higdon. When the teams first came out I thought, "bloody hell, a team that doesn't tower over us for once!", but they were solidly built and knocked us off the ball time after time, I would think Higdon in the right frame of mind would have given then some back.

A good, if obvious point. Once again on Saturday we were 'bullied' out of a game - a growing trend. We've got too many 'luxury' players who are not what is needed to get us out of this division (unless we mean by relegation...). Most of us can see it but, with a quarter of the season gone, there's no sign that NA can. Any half-decent manager needs to adapt to his circumstances. If that means banging the table at interview stage and insisting that players will not be sold without the money being re-invested wisely is already on the way out. Just ask Brendan Rodgers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom