Help me get up-to-date with the rules!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ancient blade

Reaction score
(1) WHAT IS THIS NEW RULE THAT MEANT THAT OUR PLAYER DIDN'T HAVE TO COME OFF AFTER

BEING ATTENDED TO FOLLOWING THE SENDING-OFF ON TUESDAY ?

(2) I THOUGHT THAT AT KICK-OFF EACH PLAYER HAD TO BE IN HIS OWN HALF AND THAT THE BALL

HAD FIRST TO BE MOVED FORWARD INTO THE OPPONENT'S HALF. NOWADAYS THE PLAYER

KICKING OFF STANDS IN THE OTHER SIDES' HALF AND PASSES IT BACK TO ONE OF HIS OWN

TEAM.

(1) WHAT IS THIS NEW RULE THAT MEANT THAT OUR PLAYER DIDN'T HAVE TO COME OFF AFTER

(2) I THOUGHT THAT AT KICK-OFF EACH PLAYER HAD TO BE IN HIS OWN HALF AND THAT THE BALL

KICKING OFF STANDS IN THE OTHER SIDES' HALF AND PASSES IT BACK TO ONE OF HIS OWN

TEAM.
Just new directives even some of the reds don't seem to know the new interpretations of the existing rules

Why reply to something that wasn't directed at you?
Because there's no restrictive coding on the website that only lets you reply when someone quotes your post?

And plus to me it generally grinds when people try to be humorous at someone else's expense.

Because there's no restrictive coding on the website that only lets you reply when someone quotes your post?

And plus to me it generally grinds when people try to be humorous at someone else's expense.

Its not humorous though is it? It's generally accepted on this magical internet world that typing in capital letters indicates shouting / anger. So therefore, a genuine question.

Its not humorous though is it? It's generally accepted on this magical internet world that typing in capital letters indicates shouting / anger. So therefore, a genuine question.
It wasn't a genuine question though, it was a shit attempt at a joke.

And assuming the guy is 81, which I've no reason not to believe to be the case, it's more than reasonable to assume that he's not likely to be as competent at operating computers as you or I.

So it's far more likely he just doesn't know how to turn off caps lock.

And assuming the guy is 81, which I've no reason not to believe to be the case, it's more than reasonable to assume that he's not likely to be as competent at operating computers as you or I.

This is the biggest overreaction I've seen since my 5 year old lad lost his shit when I made him drink out of a pink beaker.

Rule of thumb.
Most refs aren`t very good at understanding and correctly or sensibly interpreting them.
This fuckwittery increases as you go down the leagues.
It tends to even itself out over 46 games.
Most important thing to remember is; Blades players NEVER under ANY circumstances commit ANY rule infringement,and EVERY rule infringement is committed by an opposition player.

This is the biggest overreaction I've seen since my 5 year old lad lost his shit when I made him drink out of a pink beaker.

This is the biggest injustice since my Mum said I'd grown out of my Superman pyjamas.

TEAM.

Here's a none sarcastic response from one of the most sarcastic posters on here..

The main new rules are summarised here
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/08/kickoffs-backwards-rule-changes

Give over. Managed to turn it off, and even capitalise his username when registering. Maybe posting all in caps was a shit attempt at humour? Given he has other posts on the forum, not in caps, including lists and spelling and punctuation and even a copy paste from Wikipedia.

Anyone, I couldn't give a toss about what the op does or doesn't do but you trying to white knight new posters by causing intentional friction is pathetic, then again, why should anyone be surprised.

The "player must leave the pitch" one was quite barmy IMO. Glad it's gone.

The point was to discourage players from going down and seeking treatment as a means of timewasting. Personally, I think it's a good idea as timewasting and play-acting are real bugbears of mine. Does the new rule mean that players never have to leave the pitch if they've had treatment? Or is it just when it's a foul or just if it's a red card offence that has injured them?

The point was to discourage players from going down and seeking treatment as a means of timewasting. Personally, I think it's a good idea as timewasting and play-acting are real bugbears of mine. Does the new rule mean that players never have to leave the pitch if they've had treatment? Or is it just when it's a foul or just if it's a red card offence that has injured them?
Guardian says:-
Leaving the field after treatment
Elleray: “If a player is injured from a challenge which is punished by a red or yellow card, he can have quick treatment on the field of play and does not have to leave. It always seemed unfair that the victim team was down to 10 men and the guilty team has 11 against 10.”

Guardian says:-
Leaving the field after treatment
Elleray: “If a player is injured from a challenge which is punished by a red or yellow card, he can have quick treatment on the field of play and does not have to leave. It always seemed unfair that the victim team was down to 10 men and the guilty team has 11 against 10.”

From the Laws of the Game 2016-7 Law 5 The Referee:

Injuries
• allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is only slightly injured
• stops play if a player is seriously injured and ensures that the player is removed from the field of play. An injured player may not be treated on the field of play and may only re-enter after play has restarted; if the ball is in play, re-entry must be from the touchline but if the ball is out of play, it may be from any boundary line.

Exceptions to the requirement to leave the field of play are only when:
• a goalkeeper is injured
• a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need attention
• players from the same team have collided and need attention
• a severe injury has occurred
• a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly

So I guess the referee has discretion to decide if the treatment is completed quickly after a yellow or red card, and if not can ask the player to go off. It also seems to imply that if its a severe injury, the player does not have to go off, but if its a serious injury the player should be removed from the the field of play. Wonder what the difference between severe and serious is!

You must spend perpetuity in a pissed-off state then.

The l.c. letters I used initially looked too small for some reason; that's why I used capitals. It was obviously a mistake and I regret that.

I'm grateful to those who brought me up-to-date on the two new rules.

I don't read every sports page or comb the football chat rooms but I must say that I had never previously seen any mention of these two
new rule changes on here or in any newspaper. Presumably, they apply worldwide. Are there any other new rule changes?

Back
Top Bottom