Heavy defeat for Blades youngsters

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thats quite a big defeat.
However after a 12 hour travel slog it must have been tough going.

what are the odds on a team being called Tertnes Wednesday

Sheffield United arrived at Tertnes Wednesday evening after a 12 hour journey by bus and plane from their home town Sheffield.

They have a Cooper up front so they should do well ;)

He seems to have scored twice as well:

Sam Ackroyd, Jake Cooper, Thomas Rekdal, Sam Ackroyd, ,Javelle Clarke, Jake Cooper,Tom Willson,Josephe Alleroyd, Sam Eccles

I assume Mick Speight has something to do with Rekdal playing for us.

Why did it take them 12 hrs to get to Bergen? It can't be much more than a 2hr flight from Manchester. Did they take the bus?

Yooor boys toook a hell of a beeeting.
Come on Bergen, revel in it. Bit of fist high, elbow down action is required. Let yourself go fo once We don't mind;). Enjoy.

Last edited:
Why did it take them 12 hrs to get to Bergen? It can't be much more than a 2hr flight from Manchester. Did they take the bus?

yes. according to the reports. it was all done by road & sea.

Did you go to the match, Bergen?

It's not far outside Bergen and, like others, I can't see how it took 12 hours to get from Sheffield?

BTW, for 2 years I lived & worked in Laerdal. Next week, Barnsley. How the mighty are fallen!

I may go to the next one later today. United have just won their second match 5-1 against Førde.

How did you end up in Lærdal, grafikhaus ? Tragic fire there last year.

I may go to the next one later today. United have just won their second match 5-1 against Førde.

How did you end up in Lærdal, grafikhaus ? Tragic fire there last year.

In the late 70's i was just bored with a job I had, bought a book - 'Directory of Jobs Abroad' and ended up working on a farm in Laerdal. Best time of my life but, after two years I was homesick. 48 hours after getting home, I was sick. :D

Didn't know about the fire, I presume it was in the 'old town'? (Lærdalsøyri). Fabulous country, brilliant people and the 'friendliest' girls I've ever encountered!

Yooor boys toook a hell of a beeeting.
Come on Bergen, revel in it. Bit of fist high, elbow down action is required. Let yourself go fo once We don't mind;). Enjoy.

The first match was a friendly (not part of the cup) against the host's 00-boys, i.e. a year older than the ones taking part in the competition, so not so strange that we lost that one.

10-0 and 5-1 are strong results, so will be interesting to see them later or tomorrow. Not sure I'll let myself go completely though. :)

In the late 70's i was just bored with a job I had, bought a book - 'Directory of Jobs Abroad' and ended up working on a farm in Laerdal. Best time of my life but, after two years I was homesick. 48 hours after getting home, I was sick. :D

Didn't know about the fire, I presume it was in the 'old town'? (Lærdalsøyri). Fabulous country, brilliant people and the 'friendliest' girls I've ever encountered!

Yes, Lærdalsøyri, lots of wooden houses were lost. Fortunately no people were seriously injured.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-25799491

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-25799491

Like your avatar grafikhaus!

I take it HRH is to put it into production

I went to watch them this morning. They beat Opsal, a team from Oslo, 2-1 in a pretty even game. I must admit they were younger and smaller than I had imagined, and it's very difficult to tell which of them are going to become professional players. United's players were generally smaller than their opponents, except for the striker Jake Cooper, who looked a real giant.

After a goalless first half the Blades took the lead when the little left winger Javelle Clarke finished well at the first post after a free kick was swung into the box. Opsal equalised following a corner, before a counter attack saw the Norwegian lad Thomas Rekdal play Cooper through, and the tall striker finished well.

I had a quick chat with Mike Speight after the game. It is through him that Rekdal have linked up with United. United play Brann in the final later today. Brann were playing on the other pitch and they looked a lot bigger, winning their semi final 5-1, so it will be a tough game.

DSC_0288.JPG * United's scorers to the left in the above photo, Clarke (17) and Cooper.

DSC_0295 – Kopi.JPG

Are they eligible to play against Barnsley? :)

Meanwhile, United's U12s are playing tournament football in Turkey over the recent Easter holidays, competing against the likes of European giants Juventus, Roma, Paris St Germain and Athletic Bilbao to name just four, not to mention Turkish sides Fenerbahce and Galatasaray.

The youngsters will gain priceless experience in the Izmir Cup, with Blades Director Selahattin Baki instrumental in United's inclusion in the prestigious competition in his homeland.

Read more at http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/...ooth-academy-2369029.aspx#ItaWZHdb5lLPf0E8.99

At least some fans no longer need to worry about what Selahattin Baki does to raise the clubs overseas profile ;)

Meanwhile, United's U12s are playing tournament football in Turkey over the recent Easter holidays, competing against the likes of European giants Juventus, Roma, Paris St Germain and Athletic Bilbao to name just four, not to mention Turkish sides Fenerbahce and Galatasaray.

The youngsters will gain priceless experience in the Izmir Cup, with Blades Director Selahattin Baki instrumental in United's inclusion in the prestigious competition in his homeland.

Read more at http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/...ooth-academy-2369029.aspx#ItaWZHdb5lLPf0E8.99

At least some fans no longer need to worry about what Selahattin Baki does to raise the clubs overseas profile ;)

Don't, just don't!

Back
Top Bottom