Have i missed our new chief scout announcement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

larkymasher

Reaction score
7 days ago we were told our brand new chief scout was done and dusted and would be made public in 3/4 days.

What is the delay this time?

Woody has demanded a press conference with live TV coverage and Reuters in attendance. The appointment has been delayed so as to make the necessary arrangements.

No you haven't missed it.

I'm not too sure there has been a delay, I thought CW said we've got a chief scout but aren't announcing it yet? I didn't think any timescale was given, I could be wrong and normally am. :)

I'm not saying it was Paul Mitchell, however there was someone who looked quite similar to him in The Psalter on Monday night with Chris Wilder, Alan Knill, and Darren Ward as well as a fair few other people

Stop panicking. Kev has bought Scott and Simon the latest Football Manager which is all we need to find the two players we'll sign before the start of the season. Why waste money on a scout?

Stop panicking. Kev has bought Scott and Simon the latest Football Manager which is all we need to find the two players we'll sign before the start of the season. Why waste money on a scout?

Ironically if we had used Football Manager over the last few seasons we couldn't have done any worse, probably better.

benny2.jpg

I really don't get this slagging off of Football Manager and it uses in scouting, especially as quite a few top clubs already use it as part of their scouting network.

As for the chief scout, I'm sure I heard Wilder say it was sorted just not announced in a recent interview.

I can imagine that it may not have been announced so that he can get about his business without interference or someone following him around to instigate rumours on who we might be negotiating with.
Not that I am ITK or owt but it would seem a sensible policy to me - we don't need to announce an appointment until after the work has been done and dusted and players are in the hutch.

I can see people are getting a bit upset with this so I'll try to help.

One of our dogs is called 'Scout' (she came from the Nag's Head near Kinder Scout). We have two dogs and she is the oldest, so probably qualifies as in charge, or 'Chief' if you like.

Here is a picture of her as a pup in the Nag's Head
001.jpg

I know people like kittens and puppies, so hope that is a help to anyone who is getting bit incy.

I really don't get this slagging off of Football Manager and it uses in scouting, especially as quite a few top clubs already use it as part of their scouting network.

As for the chief scout, I'm sure I heard Wilder say it was sorted just not announced in a recent interview.
Yeah it makes me laugh too. Football manager employ 10,000 scouts. We employ 0

Back
Top Bottom