Harry Chapman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Great game tonight. Not just because of his goal but his work rate was good. He got stuck in. He had pace. He had skill. Definitely looked up for it which was surprising considering his reviews on here from his u23 games..

Nice flip too

Positive for me so far this season is that I feel there is still more to come from this squad.

O'Connell and EEL are just starting to get a partnership together.

We've still not seen the best of Clarke and we could use a "big man" option to add another string to our attack

Got some exciting young players in Chapman and Brooks who may yet start to feature more regularly and;

Lavery to add some pace to the attack once he's 100% match sharp

Very impressed with his fight & his work rate tonight. And, yeah, the gymnastics was world class.

Did very well to get on the end of the cross. A few glimpses tonight of what he can bring to the side after failing to make any kind of impression on me in his previous cameos.

10/10 for the celebration at least.

I was crying out for this lad to come on. We needed some pace and directness. His movement off the ball is excellent aswel.

Great finish but he looked absolutely shattered after less than 10 minutes. Definitely still not fit enough.

I'd leave him on the bench personally, our good run seems to have coincided with him not being in the team.

Don't think he's earned a start by any stretch and perhaps 20-30 minutes to try and change up the style and get a result will be the way to go in reintroducing him once he's fit.

On the run -We could say that about Wilson, Long, Hussey etc. Don't think he was the worst performer by any stretch.

Fully fit and in a side with an identified and understood style of play and he could be an asset. Hopefully the players will have the confidence in what they are doing and not take the easy lump it 70 yards option.

Agree that he looked very good tonight and changed the game. Still think he is better, for the time being at least, as an impact player until he gets fully fit.

In terms of him replacing Duffy, well I think there is room for both in the starting 11 eventuslly. Mark is much better when he plays centrally, pushing forward as a
no. 10 rather than on the flanks. Still the one player who is constantly trying to make things happen and break down the defence. It doesn't all come off of course, but he is one of the first on the team sheet for me after EEL and Moore obviously.

Oh and not wanting to be a grumpy old git but just to add that if I was Tufty I would nip these chuffing somersaults right in the bud n'all. You ain't Lua Lua sunshine and the last thing we need is you misjudging one on a wet pitch and limping back up the A66 injured. :mad:

He scored a good goal and put in a good tackle so obviously he's made a decisive contribution to the game, but from what I saw, he was knackered in the last 10 mins and was struggling to press and close down.

I don't think he's fit enough yet to play 90 mins and nor would I change a winning team.

Could be useful as a squad player though.

Great game tonight. Not just because of his goal but his work rate was good. He got stuck in. He had pace. He had skill. Definitely looked up for it which was surprising considering his reviews on here from his u23 games..

Nice flip too
I agree about Chapman Matt, effort, pace and skill last night, and a goal that Scougall would not have scored.

The fact that he showed none of that and a shit attitude in all the U23S games he has played in makes last nights efforts even more annoying.

I am very wary of players that ' DO IT ' when the mood takes them.... every other first team fringe player i have watched with the 23s, Whiteman, Reed, Hussey, Lavery, Long, Fleck, EEL, J Wallace, Brown, Ramsdale, Brookes have all bust a gut in those games to impress.

He was absolutely knackered from about 85 mins onward, so much so he just let his man wander past him when he was helping Freeman at RB cos he couldn't get his breath! He's got a long way to go before he's due a start - lovely taken goal last night though and had a good impact going forward for us.

I disagree, especially with the pace comment. From what I remember he flailed and got tackled whenever he tried to take someone on. There was one occasion where I thought he was through on goal but he ended up wandering off and getting stuck in the corner before hitting it back to the bloke behind him.

Good goal though, and he did seem to put a shift in.

Back
Top Bottom