Half Time Scores and Highlights?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lampiao

Old Git
Reaction score
What's happened with the half time scores being put up on scoreboard, also we now seem to have lost the "highlights" on the advertising screen,
Maybe we ought to bring back the chap with the numbers to hang on nails - at least there was some excitement - would it be a "1" or a "0"!

What's happened with the half time scores being put up on scoreboard, also we now seem to have lost the "highlights" on the advertising screen,
Maybe we ought to bring back the chap with the numbers to hang on nails - at least there was some excitement - would it be a "1" or a "0"!

My mate used to work in the team responsible for the TV screen and scoreboard. He moved to Rotherham United about 12 months ago. I wonder if it coincided with his move? I could ask him.

remember it well - on the railings in front of Bramall Lane stand.

Didn't he also used to go out during the game just to update the pigs score? Think the piggies was always letter "A"

the young un's on here won't have a clue what we are on about if it's not on flashing screen device of some sort !!!

I suppose it's progress!

UTB

remember it well - on the railings in front of Bramall Lane stand.

Didn't he also used to go out during the game just to update the pigs score? Think the piggies was always letter "A"

the young un's on here won't have a clue what we are on about if it's not on flashing screen device of some sort !!!

I suppose it's progress!

UTB

Yes Grandad it is :)

I remember it especially when watching the reserves. Didn't have a Twitter feed back then :)

If you mean the 'highlights' from the first half, that's easy. There usually aren't any. :)

article-2288458-1874F27C000005DC-887_964x582.jpg

My mate used to work in the team responsible for the TV screen and scoreboard. He moved to Rotherham United about 12 months ago. I wonder if it coincided with his move? I could ask him.

Here's his response...

we show them here at NYS! Heard the stuff has broke but not sure why it hasn't been fixed! Piss pot hahaha...

Doesn't really answer the question :rolleyes:

Reactions: Dkc
Yes,I remember the old score board on the left hand side on the floor in front of the Bramall lane stand...letters A-M or something corresponding to the fixture in the programme.. The best one was pigs at Blackburn losing 6-0,at full time the chap doing the scores brought out a number 2 ......Blades fans booed thinking it was 6-2, until he pointed to the 6&2 together ,making it 8-0 !!. A mighty roar went up when we realised !!.For all you born post 1980 .mobile phones didn't exist then. I'm from the 60's era....born 1961......!!
UTB.

Seemed to be working last weekend, after they waited to roll a six to start?

Yes,I remember the old score board on the left hand side on the floor in front of the Bramall lane stand...letters A-M or something corresponding to the fixture in the programme.. The best one was pigs at Blackburn losing 6-0,at full time the chap doing the scores brought out a number 2 ......Blades fans booed thinking it was 6-2, until he pointed to the 6&2 together ,making it 8-0 !!. A mighty roar went up when we realised !!.For all you born post 1980 .mobile phones didn't exist then. I'm from the 60's era....born 1961......!!
UTB.
It was Middlesbrough 8 Wendy 0 in April 1974

Back
Top Bottom