Gutted But We Move On...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

forever_blade

Reaction score
Morning Blades,

Well I had a bitter taste leaving The Lane last night & in all honesty it hasn't gone away yet, all if's & but's - should we have held on and took it to extra time? What if Reed's shot had been 2 yards lower? What if Murphy had scored from our first attack?

Of all the times I thought we were genuinely gonna do it & go back to that arch to see us in a Cup Final for the first time since 1936, I thought it was last night, others may be resigned to the fact & console in that 'we gave it a good go', 'we should be proud' & rightly so against a one of the top five teams in the country we did push them to the wire & had them on the rocks at 2-1, however I can't help again thinking we had a big chance to create history last night & nothing would have made me & every other Blade happy beyond belief than to achieve the unthinkable & reach a Cup Final that did for a moment become so realistically possible, I guess their quality shown in the end.

But let's take stock, look at what we've got in place now, an eighteen year old scoring two against Tottenham Hotspur when only two months or so back he was playing against Frickley Athletic (no disrespect to Frickley of course :D), seven of the squad 22 & under, a board in place that seems to be genuine & appears to have bridged the gap between the fans & boardroom aswell as being prepared to dip in their pockets to provide us we what is required to deliver the success we so desperately crave & have been deprived of for so long.

A manager who has a wealth of experience & the tactical knowledge to take us onto the next level & beyond, yes he may get it wrong on occasions but I urge every Blade to remain patient with him as over time I firmly believe he & his backroom staff will provide us with many more happy memories that will live longer in the memory than the one's he's already given us (and let's be rate they've not been bloody half bad have they?! ;):D). Oh & keep it quiet we've got The Beard back aswell :)

Yes Blades, I'm gutted, I'm sure we all are, last night was another one to add onto the long list of bitter pills to swallow but one day, just one day we will be the Bride & not the Bridemaid

Pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off, we go again. Carry on regardless.

"If you believe in your heart that your faith will not fade,
then from now and forever son, you'll be a Blade..."

Good post.

Must say Spurs played much better, higher tempo, better passing than last week also..I think first half our lot were a bit she'll-shocked just trying to contain them!

Back to us, it's been said often but most fans want to see this level of application in the leagues too..

UTB!

Esablade agreed blade, we struggled to cope with the way Spurs were bopping it about & couldn't get near them first half, our outlet was blocked off as they pressed us high.

Not using it as an excuse for the tense, slightly flat atmosphere but they stifled it through not even giving us a look in bar Murphy's chance, if that had gone in it would have been a different story

All if's & but's again but no point dwelling on it now, what's done is done

Back
Top Bottom