Great crowd last night - or was it?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GB10

Reaction score
I am sure there's a few of us saddo's who like a good guess at the attendance .

My guess before I knew was around 17k which to be fair for a cold Tuesday against a team like scunny with all due respect wouldn't be that bad ( especially bearing in mind 3 games at home in a week)

I was a but taken a back when they said just short of 20k . The BL end holds 7k on its own upper and lower and there must have been only 1k in there .. The JSS looked to have a lot of spare seats and there were loads of spares in the south stand

Are there any clever folks out there who could come up with a reason why the club would overstate numbers ??? Just interested that's all !

Are there any clever folks out there who could come up with a reason why the club would overstate numbers ??? Just interested that's all !

The attendance is based on tickets issued, not those physically there.

I had a ticket and couldn't get, but I doubt that's the case with 2-3,000 other blades?

The attendance is based on tickets issued, not those physically there.
With automated turn styles I would have thought it's actual ?? Perhaps your right it just struck me more last night and I can't think why in particular that game would attract a lot of tickets being issued and people not turning up ???
On a related but slightly different note sufc have been superb over the years for ST renewal offers and for kids the prices are brilliant .... I just wonder if in situations like this week something like a 3 for 2 offer or quid a kid etc would swell the crowds even more and get more people behind the team. Just a thought

As Oreyt said, many fans at last night's match still had their tickets for the match that was scheduled to be played on Dec 28th

I'm pretty sure attendance announced is actual attendance, not tickets sold. Jim would clarify I'm sure.

I suspect, with three home games in 8 days, there'd be quite a few season ticket holders who gave last night a miss. They'd still be counted on the attendance figure though.

This was rearranged match from over Christmas: that was a "Bring a freind for a fiver" offer one, so im assuming a fair few of those were bought and not used.

This is the correct answer. Regardless of the validity of counting people who don't physically turn up I'm sure this is a way of 'protecting the brand'. On Tuesday, the daughter of the guy who sits next to me came down from Leeds. She'd bought a ticket for the original Dec. 28th game which was snowed off.

Obviously, there was nothing like the near-20k published figure in the ground on Tuesday (I'd have guessed at nearer 16k) but if money has been paid in advance I can't see anything amiss in this.

Also, any pig fans reading their Wednesday Gazette (Star) on Wednesday and seeing the size of our crowd would have choked into their breakfast bowl of pork scratchings.

And that's fine by me! :)

This was rearranged match from over Christmas: that was a "Bring a freind for a fiver" offer one, so im assuming a fair few of those were bought and not used.
if you check the blades website it was not a cheap match as it was sceduled for christmas and there is no need to bring prices down at that time as crowds are usually bigger at that time.Kop ticket price was £22 which is a catogary A match all matches around xmas are usually A as i said before no need for cheap tickets at xmas.Not sure what criteria they use for actual attendance but i would think it is body,s in the stadium for safety reasons.

The attendance is based on tickets sold, not how many people turned up.

The Scunny game should have been at Xmas so almost everyone will have bought tickets for that game and then weren't able to/couldn't be bothered to make the re-arranged game.

I like how we've just beaten someone 4-0, there's a bit of a feelgood feeling about the place again for the first time in weeks and someone feels the need to come on doing the pigs job for them, trying to decry a great midweek attendance and casting aspersions over it. Really, I mean really?

I like how we've just beaten someone 4-0, there's a bit of a feelgood feeling about the place again for the first time in weeks and someone feels the need to come on doing the pigs job for them, trying to decry a great midweek attendance and casting aspersions over it. Really, I mean really?
I like the way you can't ask a genuine question on here amongst fellow supporters without being shredded

I like the way you can't ask a genuine question on here amongst fellow supporters without being shredded

And this based on...? Yes, some posters do respond without social niceties (something I imagine happens on most forums) but then there are posters who seek to respond in a non-confrontational manner. A bit like real life really.

And this based on...? Yes, some posters do respond without social niceties (something I imagine happens on most forums) but then there are posters who seek to respond in a non-confrontational manner. A bit like real life really.
I am just saying it was a genuine question - nowt to do with whether we won 4 nil , nothing to do with pigs .. Just a question. I would be surprised if anyone who went to the game didn't think the same - anyway I am still getting used to this being quite new so perhaps need to have thicker skin !!!

I am just saying it was a genuine question - nowt to do with whether we won 4 nil , nothing to do with pigs .. Just a question. I would be surprised if anyone who went to the game didn't think the same - anyway I am still getting used to this being quite new so perhaps need to have thicker skin !!!

It can help, but not always necessary. I'm sure you'll find your feet and hold your own, along with the other posters.....just make sure that no one calls you a NBW. That's fighting talk round these parts ;) UTB

Back
Top Bottom