Grandson first ever game 4 year old £12 FFS

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VEGASBLADE

Reaction score
I took my 4 year old grandson to the lane last night for his first ever blades game glad to say he loved it walking down london rd seeing the Lane lit up,the buzz of the crowd ,even joined in with the singing ,but bloody hell £12 :eek: for a 4 year old is taking the P,its not like the old days when you used to squeeze a nipper in with you at the turnstyle whats happened to common sense ffs its £2 to watch rotherham in a league above not that we would ever take him to watch anyone other than the blades,has anyone got a email contact of someone who would even reply if i mailed them great result spoilt by greed UTB

I took my 4 year old grandson to the lane last night for his first ever blades game glad to say he loved it walking down london rd seeing the Lane lit up,the buzz of the crowd ,even joined in with the singing ,but bloody hell £12 :eek: for a 4 year old is taking the P,its not like the old days when you used to squeeze a nipper in with you at the turnstyle whats happened to common sense ffs its £2 to watch rotherham in a league above not that we would ever take him to watch anyone other than the blades,has anyone got a email contact of someone who would even reply if i mailed them great result spoilt by greed UTB

Good post mate, and not the way to bring youn 'uns into the fold. Hope you manage to speak to someone with clout who'll do the right thing by you and whoever else has a child under 12 years old.

Whilst I agree in absolute terms, I suspect there won't have been any offers for kids on a school night for obv reasons. Think its kid a quid v Port Vale and also worthwhile enrolling in Junior Blades for consistently low prices.

Failing that keep an eye on here , often people with surplus tickets to hand over for cheap.

I took my 4 year old grandson to the lane last night for his first ever blades game glad to say he loved it walking down london rd seeing the Lane lit up,the buzz of the crowd ,even joined in with the singing ,but bloody hell £12 :eek: for a 4 year old is taking the P

Have you checked out the price of season tickets for U18s?
Less than £3 per game

Have you checked out the price of season tickets for U18s?
Less than £3 per game
You know what its like with little un's always coming down with colds or something for school,plus on schools nights it gets a bit late as his mom told me was 11pm when i got him home but thanks for the idea ;)

You know what its like with little un's always coming down with colds or something for school,plus on schools nights it gets a bit late as his mom told me was 11pm when i got him home but thanks for the idea ;)
Wouldn't it have been cheaper to wait until the Club had one of the games where there was a special offer on for kids?
And (in Nanny mode) isn't a 7.45pm ko just a little bit late for a 4-year old? :rolleyes:

If you sign up as a junior blade, which is free, it costs a fiver in JSS and £6 elsewhere. It might have been sensible to phone the club and ask the cheapest deal. I have always found deals for under 18s have been excellent at United.

If you sign up as a junior blade, which is free, it costs a fiver in JSS and £6 elsewhere. It might have been sensible to phone the club and ask the cheapest deal. I have always found deals for under 18s have been excellent at United.

This is your best option if you don't think he'll make enough games for a season ticket to be worth it. Do they still do the half season passes to think about at some point?

When I signed up for the Junior Blades I got a free Sheffield United drinks bottle, and thought I was the dog's bollocks in school. Mind that was in 90's. No idea what you get now other than cheap tickets.

Wasn't aware of that myself, so getting that sorted out!

Its a quid next week in paint pot cup thingy. Tenner adults.

Even the pigs only charge £5 to under 5s (across the board). This is the same club that charge £42 to sit on the Kop for some games

Two of my grand kids are JB's. It doesn't cost anything and you get a season card which you can activate online for individual matches. Makes life simple because they don't want to go to every match.

Even the pigs only charge £5 to under 5s (across the board). This is the same club that charge £42 to sit on the Kop for some games

I think the whole point is that SUFC want to encourage kids to join the Junior Blades.

Free to join and £5 a match for under 12's (I think).

Two of my grand kids are JB's. It doesn't cost anything and you get a season card which you can activate online for individual matches. Makes life simple because they don't want to go to every match.

Where do you sit? Can't do this for John St.

I have a season ticket on the kop, it costs 6quid for the kids and I believe that they get a free game when they 've paid for 5. Their accounts are linked with mine so its a doddle activating the card.

Because the profit on the £42 price allows them to cross-subsidise the loss on the £5 one

Got to give KM a little bit of credit when it's due . He's managed to promote some innovative and very cost effective deals for kids down the years .

I'm convinced the excellent average attendences we enjoy right now is in part due to the fantastic offers for kids throughout the ' noughties '

More of the same Mr Mccabe .

My eldest has gone to uni so I have a spare as my 15 year old could use his when hes not here. Can have it for nowt if it encourages future support. Would just have to meet before game to hand over. Send me a pm if you want.

Forgot to put that is in the JSS.

Because the profit on the £42 price allows them to cross-subsidise the loss on the £5 one

Yeah, when you turn up with your lad and it's only cost you £47 to see the game, you probably aren't thinking "his ticket would've been a quid more down the road". I mean, you probably aren't thinking at all, you probably just have a shit-eating pig grin on your face, but you get the point.

I have a season ticket on the kop, it costs 6quid for the kids and I believe that they get a free game when they 've paid for 5. Their accounts are linked with mine so its a doddle activating the card.
I see, For "security" reasons you cannot book online for John St. Kop is a bit raw for the kids i think, although you do get some idiot gobshites in John St who can't control their language too.

And yes 1 free cat "B" after paying for 5 games. I find you have to ask for it though. (Same with adult membership, which I have)

Got to give KM a little bit of credit when it's due . He's managed to promote some innovative and very cost effective deals for kids down the years .

I'm convinced the excellent average attendences we enjoy right now is in part due to the fantastic offers for kids throughout the ' noughties '

More of the same Mr Mccabe .
Definitely CHL....although not the same on the pitch please.

Back
Top Bottom