Glad I went tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sitwell

Big member
Reaction score
Because if I hadn't ,and had just come on here ,I would have thought we were awful ,the players were shit ,our season was over and we will be chanting Wilder Out !
It wasnt awful ,we weren't dogshit ,our players weren't crap ,we fought as a team and kept a clean sheet to beat a decent side to go 6 unbeaten and in touching distance of the top.
It was fucking miles away from last season , we have hard working good players playing decent stuff for a good manager.
Don't believe half the guff on here and from that bell end Edwards on Radio pig ,it just seems to be people wanting to be outrageous for the sake of it ,to attract attention.
UTB.

Because if I hadn't ,and had just come on here ,I would have thought we were awful ,the players were shit ,our season was over and we will be chanting Wilder Out !

That's far more of an exaggeration than anything anyone has posted in relation to the unconvincing display we witnessed. And here's an outrageous thought for you... people are simply posting their honest opinions on a game of football, not attention seeking.

People aren't being outrageous , they are just talking about the game !

In contrast , you are attracting attention by trying to control what other people say , which is not really the point of a forum.
So if I said EEl was a big clumsy twat who never won a ball and is a liability that's fair comment ?

Criticism in any form is a hateful attack on the entire concept of Sheffield United itself.

Didn't you all get the memo? Sheeesh.

That's far more of an exaggeration than anything anyone has posted in relation to the unconvincing display we witnessed. And here's an outrageous thought for you... people are simply posting their honest opinions on a game of football, not attention seeking.
So no one said it was dog shit amongst all the other crap ?

Criticism in any form is a hateful attack on the entire concept of Sheffield United itself.

Didn't you all get the memo? Sheeesh.
You ought to grow up a bit ,Pinchys got a point. Never make a valid interesting point ,just bung a pile of sarcasm into your bile.

It wasnt awful ,we weren't dogshit ,our players weren't crap ,we fought as a team and kept a clean sheet to beat a decent side to go 6 unbeaten and in touching distance of the top.
It was fucking miles away from last season , we have hard working good players playing decent stuff for a good manager.
Don't believe half the guff on here and from that bell end Edwards on Radio pig ,it just seems to be people wanting to be outrageous for the sake of it ,to attract attention.
Implying that every opinion other than yours is outrageous and attention seeking is just childish.

You disagree with others.

That is commonplace on a message board where differing opinions are expressed.

Why not try accepting this once in a while, or even articulate your point as best you can and engage in meaningful discussion.

If that's beyond you then a forum isn't the place for you.

Implying that every opinion other than yours is outrageous and attention seeking is just childish.

You disagree with others.

That is commonplace on a message board where differing opinions are expressed.

Why not try accepting this once in a while, or even articulate your point as best you can and engage in meaningful discussion.

If that's beyond you then a forum isn't the place for you.
Ok bye.

You ought to grow up a bit ,Pinchys got a point. Never make a valid interesting point ,just bung a pile of sarcasm into your bile.

Not really, you've previously dismissed any critique of the clubs current situation as an attack on the club, which is, well, a bit immature. And given how this thread is going for you so far, I'm not exactly alone in my observations either.

Not really, you've previously dismissed any critique of the clubs current situation as an attack on the club, which is, well, a bit immature. And given how this thread is going for you so far, I'm not exactly alone in my observations either.
Youre not are you ,they are all a bit Blade mad aren't they ?

Youre not are you ,they are all a bit Blade mad aren't they ?

I didn't really understand that post so I'll clarify myself a bit further.

I've praised the team in defeat at times, I've criticised the team in victory at times. Tonight it was the latter.
"Attention-seeking" or being "outrageous" just seems to be a nice neat little way of pigeon-holing opinions which aren't your own.

And for what it's worth I agree with you on many things (except the Clough thing). So I'll leave it there in a positive spirit. There's only one prick I have a problem with and it's not you.

Peace.

You think "dog shit" is an honest and reasonable opinion? It's nothing but attention-seeking of the highest order. Parts of the display were very convincing (not least the two centre-backs, GK and Paul Coutts); others less so.

Frankly, it's sitwell [with whom I am far from hand in glove] who is expressing his honest opinion. Such an exercise properly includes addressing the opinions of others (often in robust style - I wouldn't compile a ten page essay on why the EDL are abhorrent bigots) and that's what he has done.

What do you say he has exaggerated? I can find no such thing.

I've praised the team in defeat at times, I've criticised the team in victory at times. Tonight it was the latter.

Peace.

It's wise to be level headed and look at the bigger picture.

Even Wilder in his post match interview was a little critical of the performance tonight.
He said he was disappointed that when they went down to 10 men we weren't more positive.
He said the players seemed more concerned about not conceding instead of going for a 2nd goal.

However of course he praised the players for their effort and commitment but said there's still a lot of improvement to come. He said there was a great mood of confidence within the squad.

He also praised Bristol Rovers for providing a good test and a good close game.

People aren't being outrageous , they are just talking about the game !

In contrast , you are attracting attention by trying to control what other people say , which is not really the point of a forum.

Sorry I've read what he wrote. Absolutely nowhere does he purport to control what anyone says. He has his own say in response and does so in a robust way. There are some self-opinionated people who have arrived on this forum in recent times [I'm not stereotyping Bladesmad - I enjoy some of the stuff from a few former members and say so]. What they need to learn is that those who dish it out better be prepared to take a bit back. If you can't; best be a bit quieter...

It's wise to be level headed and look at the bigger picture.

Even Wilder in his post match interview was a little critical of the performance tonight.
He said he was disappointed that when they went down to 10 men we weren't more positive.
He said the players seemed more concerned about not conceding instead of going for a 2nd goal.

However of course he praised the players for their effort and commitment but said there's still a lot of improvement to come. He said there was a great mood of confidence within the squad.

And that's a fair assessment I'd say.

I don't doubt the mood amongst the players. The way they celebrated and interacted with each other after the final whistle said as much. There's a lot more camaraderie there than last season.

But this lack of a cutting-edge does need to be addressed. We aren't going to find ourselves in the position of going a goal up and a man up in the space of a couple of minutes many times this season. We need to bury games in that situation no matter the opposition. Once we prove capable of putting teams away convincingly I'll rest a little easier.

Why do some people get so uptight about other peoples opinions on a football forum? Its their opinion nd they are entitle to it. I can type away and express wherher i thought last night was 'dog shit' if i want to or could say we were 'magnificent'. Actually we were something in between and it was a very welcome 3 points against ine of the better sides in this division. My only criticism of last night was that we should have gone for the 2nd - a thought shared by the main man himself Mr Wildthing. Re the opening post, the only thing i take exception too is the calling of a club legend a 'bell end'. Personally i think Edwards usually talks a lot of sense and he loves the club. To call him that is a little bit out of order in my book, but still...and heres the crux of it...thats only my opinion and the opening poster can think what he likes. Top 3 points by the way, well done Utd.

You think "dog shit" is an honest and reasonable opinion? It's nothing but attention-seeking of the highest order. Parts of the display were very convincing (not least the two centre-backs, GK and Paul Coutts); others less so.

Frankly, it's sitwell [with whom I am far from hand in glove] who is expressing his honest opinion. Such an exercise properly includes addressing the opinions of others (often in robust style - I wouldn't compile a ten page essay on why the EDL are abhorrent bigots) and that's what he has done.

What do you say he has exaggerated? I can find no such thing.

So it's not an exaggeration to say that anyone reading this site "would have thought we were awful ,the players were shit ,our season was over and we will be chanting Wilder Out"? Seriously?

I also know my posters, and TomJonesBlade (the 'dog shit man') isn't an attention seeker, and won't usually start threads like that.

I didn't say 'dog shit' was 'reasonable' did I? But it's definitely an honest opinion.

It's a cheap, easy sentiment to express from sitwell and it's a shame, although quite predictable, that even calling Edwards a 'bell end' doesn't prevent it from getting a lot of 'likes'/agreement.... imagine if anyone on here called Billy Sharp the same!

I think dog shit is being extremely harsh.

I agree with the sentiments about going for the killer goal in the last 20 minutes, a view shared by Wilder in his post match interview - he wanted us to go and kill the game off make no mistake about that.

However, you can understand the players mentality - on a decent run, desperate to extend it, and although the atmosphere at the Lane is much improved, you sense the players are still a bit wary of what a late equaliser might have done.

I thought the first half was very even, Rovers got the ball into wide positions and put the ball in the 'mixer' as quickly as possible. We played some decent, patient and probing stuff - however lacked that little bit of pace to get in advanced positions more frequently.

Second half, much of the same, but we got a quality goal at a good time and then the red card, which should have meant we saw out the rest of the game on the front foot, the reasons for the failure to do so discussed earlier in this post.

I felt we saw last night that 3-5-2 should be reverted to when we get Wright/Wilson/Basham back - we really missed the extra body in midfield. The 3 in midfield allows each of those to do the job they are best at. Playing 2 midfielders restricts them.

Extremely happy with the win, and I applauded them off the pitch - cant understand why anyone wouldn't feel like doing so!

Well I for one am loving the new found bitchyness on here when winning...think it helps in keeping up the competition for places on the board and helps keep those currently in the starting line-up, on their toes.

UTB!

IMG_8653.GIF

and from that bell end Edwards on Radio pig

thankfully he wasn't on last night, so I was able to enjoy a proper radio commentary of a game, instead of bits and pieces on the game squeezed in around his rambling memoirs.

I commented on a off topic thread yesterday, it was about Disneyland, and people were offering another member advice on places to visit etc. My comment point out that the type of thread was what made this forum a genuinely decent place to visit.

On the other hand, the first page of this thread is what makes it a shithole. A football discussion turns into arguments about the rights and technicalities of having a chuffing opinion. Its cringe-worthy reading some of it, which you have to do because I'd like to comment on the actual football stuff.

Thing is, some of the posters who are arguing about the non football stuff are the same who moan about threads being posted in the wrong section, so could I ask politely that the arguments are taken elsewhere please?!

I'm appeh :)

Close fought game and Blades prevailed
No bullshit about the "room for improvement being the biggest in the house" :mad:
Tufty stating he was pleased with the commitment and the professionalism but demanding more :)
Paul Walker commenting that EEL is the first CB of the proper mould since Morgan - praise indeed.
Clean sheet and Moore giving confidence to the defence
Lafferty getting forward and putting in a peach of a cross for the goal
Done being a reght pest (in his proper position!!!!)
Chapman with his first goal in the colours - in so doing getting a huge boost for his self confidence
Decent noise from both sets of fans in a close matched game. (confess I was on Blades Player - but it came across loyd and clear)
Coutts turning it on - if he can add some goals that would be great - my worry, if anything, is the number of goals / the goal threat from midfield at the moment.
Can win as a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2
You can feel it coming together - it's almost tangible.

More of this shit please :D

So it's not an exaggeration to say that anyone reading this site "would have thought we were awful ,the players were shit ,our season was over and we will be chanting Wilder Out"? Seriously?

I also know my posters, and TomJonesBlade (the 'dog shit man') isn't an attention seeker, and won't usually start threads like that.

I didn't say 'dog shit' was 'reasonable' did I? But it's definitely an honest opinion.

It's a cheap, easy sentiment to express from sitwell and it's a shame, although quite predictable, that even calling Edwards a 'bell end' doesn't prevent it from getting a lot of 'likes'/agreement.... imagine if anyone on here called Billy Sharp the same!

Have a look at the paragraphs in Sitwell's post that actually assess the game as opposed to his view of what others might think. He has it absolutely right, unlike the dogshit man, who was talking, well....dogshit.

As to which posters you know, that cuts no ice with me. He was attention-seeking in the grand manner. You might want to leave matters of Bladesmad comity behind...

Back
Top Bottom