Getting to the Ricoh by Public Transport from Birmingham?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
What's the best way to get to and from the stadium on public transport from Birmingham? (Apparently there are problems with using the train station.)

You can get the bus to the ground from Coventry's main bus station. About 15 mins if memory serves. I think it's fairly close to the main train station.

Last edited:
theres a bus from Nuneaton station if getting the train there is less disrupted
nuneaton has a large sky blues fan base

This doesnt sound good as i have to go upto B'ham New St and then get the train across to Cov from there agghhh..unless i can go from Worcester to Stratford and then to Cov from there hmm

If I wasn't in London this Satdi, I'd drive there.

But I'd park in Foleshill and walk in from there, by the canal. 15-20 mins walk btw and few pubs worth even contemplating - it really is a shit place for a football ground
The official car park was £10 last time I saw ( :eek: ) and you can't park at the Tesco Extra for the length of time you'd need.

As for trains - I have no idea what the best option is. BTL's suggestion of Nuneaton is a reasonable shout if there is actually a bus route - wouldn't think it was too frequent, though - or if they will put enough of them on.

I'm just about to enquire about the trains tomorrow and sort times out so will ask about the situation with New St, with Worcester only a 45 minute train ride from Brum and frequent trains running there every hour they get feedback on stuff like that upto scratch.

There's actually a train station at the ground, isn't there?

Well..i was told there was no problems or issues with trains from New St tomorrow at the moment so it all seems fine from this end of things.

Return ticket for me only cost £11.90...was expecting double that to be honest! (Even for kids rates :p )

The only thing to worry abut now is the bit from the station to the ground as i have no idea lol

Ooh I might clear me old tonsils and frog in the throat a bit at some point yes :D

If anyones going off here it would be nice to bump into a few of you before the game or at the ground?! :)

I would normally because it's in my range but I'm going to Seoul tomorrow early doors.
Seems like a bit of a dump to me but as a long shot if anyone knows any good fleshpots let me know

Im setting off in about an hour ,still probably miss kick off. Staying the weekend in the hotel adjoining the ground ,don't know where we are going tonight or tomorrow but the car parks cheap £3 :) Jess Glynn (who ? ) is apparently playing tonight so there will be some people about hopefully.

This doesnt sound good as i have to go upto B'ham New St and then get the train across to Cov from there agghhh..unless i can go from Worcester to Stratford and then to Cov from there hmm

Turn up in a Heinkel, give the fuckers some flashbacks ;)

900 goes to Coventry, walk from new street to moor street station where there's all the bus stops outside it. (about 5mins if that) I'm not sure on how to get to ricoh arena from there but the last stop goes to pool meadow bus station which is in cov imagining there will be a bus from there. takes about an hour on 900 though.

I'm not sure that's the 'best' way but it is a way.

New St. Meeting family - including a cousin in his 20s for his first ever game.

Zero problems from New Street, still every 10-15 minutes. Train to Cov, walk to the transport museum (via a pub obv), 4/5 bus from there which should be 2 quid, although they don't give change

Cheers for the replies.

Some were a bit puzzling: New Street is fine. I know. Why do people keep telling me this? :confused:

Eventually figured out I should maybe have added which train station :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised you were puzzled - I meant Junction 3 of the M6, not Junction 13. See you on the sliproad.

What's the best way to get to and from the stadium on public transport from Birmingham? (Apparently there are problems with using the train station.)

Which station?

Cheers for this. Just reread the thread and realised I dug a bigger hole trying to explain the OP.

Bit late now but to try to clear it up: New St is fine. The problems using the train station are at the Ricoh Arena.

But who's going to have a pint with JonnyRed(WCFC) ?

(I'm not going) Surely someone can fly the flag for our friendly side or he might get seduced by the unruly youth and think away days are all about abusing condiment supplies and giving angry looks to air conditioning units.

But who's going to have a pint with JonnyRed(WCFC) ?

(I'm not going) Surely someone can fly the flag for our friendly side or he might get seduced by the unruly youth and think away days are all about abusing condiment supplies and giving angry looks to air conditioning units.

Haha yes, i will feel like Bo Peep :(

Otherwise i might have to resort to Plan-Z ... 'Operation BedSit'

Thats a full scale commando-style one man assault through sitwell 's hotel room window overlooking the Ricoh, never mind the air-con!! :D

Back
Top Bottom