Forwards

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Trafford

Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, the only forward to score in the last month has been Salmon against Shrewsbury and his reward was to be an unused substitute yesterday. I remember Edwards saying at the start of the season that he wasn't worried about conceding the odd goal because he backed our forward line to score a couple most games - that certainly isn't the case now and it's hard to see how that is going to change in the short term?

Adkins needs to get the balance right and sharpish. For me he needs to play Sammon with Done and Adams making a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 formation in the next game, give Billy a rest because he's putting a lot of effort in and he might burn himself out before he scores again. We should have enough going forward but he has to get the balance right.

Okay, let's deal with Sammon apart from taking the goal well against Shrewsbury for the other 90 odd minutes of that game Sammon looked like someone who had won a pub raffle to play in a professional League game for the night, he was deservedly dropped.

Personnaly I believe he has been a poor poor loaning signing, I don't know the details of the agreement with Derby but if it can be terminated in January I would like it to be done.

I know stats can be misleading but in the 7 league games we have won Sammon has started in 5 of them. There is certainly a case for him starting more games than he is doing at the moment.

On the flip side, in the 7 league games we have lost he's started in 4 of them so there is certainly a case for not playing him then :)

Back
Top Bottom