Foreign Kids

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lmaobob

Wind Up Merchant
Reaction score
I don't understand as to why we don't sign foreign players from places like the Serie B division in Italy, or 2. Bundesliga divisions... the players in those divisions are about championship standard/high league 1 standard and must be cheap because they're not English!

Why don't we ever look elsewhere apart from bloody England.

I don't understand as to why we don't sign foreign players from places like the Serie B division in Italy, or 2. Bundesliga divisions... the players in those divisions are about championship standard/high league 1 standard and must be cheap because they're not English!

You mean actually have a scouting network? Something we should have set up when we were in the PL if not before then.

It costs too much money I would assume, so it is much better to invest in a bunch of crippled free transfers instead.

If you have ever watched live Serie B football it's more on par to low league 2 , high conferance . It would take time for players to settle , players do not always belong to the club but consortiums .

Bundesliga no idea .

Stick to what we know , ain't got time to experiment or make mistakes . Anyway to take it to a extreme , what about our sister clubs in China , Hungry , Australia . We can go on and on with thus one .

Chengdu Blades dissolved I believe. Not looked into the rest

If you have ever watched live Serie B football it's more on par to low league 2 , high conferance . It would take time for players to settle , players do not always belong to the club but consortiums .

Bundesliga no idea .

Stick to what we know , ain't got time to experiment or make mistakes . Anyway to take it to a extreme , what about our sister clubs in China , Hungry , Australia . We can go on and on with thus one .

It's a good idea in principle, but I'd agree in most European leagues the standard drops off really quickly. For example, realistically only two teams are ever going to win the title in Portugal, the rest are much of a muchness except maybe Sporting Lisbon. The second division there is glorified Dog & Duck stuff.

Got any names Chief?

Two weeks an' counting.
Hallefuckin'lujah!

Bundesliga no idea .

The problem is, we don't exactly have the best past record with signing players from around us - i agree with the Original Post.

Got any names Chief?

Two weeks an' counting.
Hallefuckin'lujah!
I'm sure someone from the likes of Dortmund Academy who hasn't played for the first team yet would be better than Basham in CM. Don't know any names.

I'm sure someone from the likes of Dortmund Academy who hasn't played for the first team yet would be better than Basham in CM. Don't know any names.

In a bizarre way, I like you.
I think you'd make a good protege.
We both post fuckin' nonsense.
Join the club BobMan...
:)

It's a nice idea in theory but hard to attract in the third tier. It's the way to go in the championship, but we wouldn't even implement it then cos we're thick.

Plenty of us go to games abroad. Plenty of exposure on TV now through lots of leagues. Why not collate a shopping list for someone to scout properly??

Because 1. We don't have any scouts in Europe

No other reason, it is simply disgraceful that our club hasn't looked at the foreign market and used it. I cannot think for the life of me why the club hasn't looked at others and said...."wait a minute...that's a good idea"

Although Port Vale have signed a load of foreigners and in the prediction thread almost everyone had them down as 24th.

The Blades are already way ahead of you on this one. Unfortunately, they think it means Scotland and it stops there.

Most of the genuine talent over there will be hoovered up by the top flight clubs, just like the PL clubs here take a punt on anyone showing form over half a season.

LIkewise, the lower league clubs will try to feed off the scraps discarded from the top clubs' academies. Knowledge within their scouting networks is always likely to trump ours (particularly as we show little appetite for getting it right over here).

In reverse, it doesn't often happen that foreign clubs scout emerging English talent, not with any success anyway.

You mean take a leaf out of Watfords book?

I know they're owned by a Johnny Foreigner but they've done well by loading their team of guys from Europe who no one has heard of.

You mean take a leaf out of Watfords book?

I know they're owned by a Johnny Foreigner but they've done well by loading their team of guys from Europe who no one has heard of.

And managers .

It's having a good infrastructure of technical committee and scouting system . Something we have lacked and still not got right .

Trying with the Mitchell fella but his CV is local and low key IMO .

Way behind S6 on that one .

UTB

And managers .

It's having a good infrastructure of technical committee and scouting system . Something we have lacked and still not got right .

Trying with the Mitchell fella but his CV is local and low key IMO .

Way behind S6 on that one .

UTB

Isn't the way to get out of the English lower leagues to appoint shit kicking English managers because they 'know the division'????

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome?

Isn't the way to get out of the English lower leagues to appoint shit kicking English managers because they 'know the division'????

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome?

We will have to wait and see if Port Vale have broken the mould with the ex Blade as manager .

Perhaps owners have the big final say . McCabe is very forward thinking in his business but very conservative in his SUFC thinking with always working on the theory it's the better the devil you know .

Private funders as Blackrock , Apache , Oaktree are open with foreign investment especially in property but not in football . It's all about confidence and contacts

We will have to wait and see if Port Vale have broken the mould with the ex Blade as manager .

Perhaps owners have the big final say . McCabe is very forward thinking in his business but very conservative in his SUFC thinking with always working on the theory it's the better the devil you know .

Private funders as Blackrock , Apache , Oaktree are open with foreign investment especially in property but not in football . It's all about confidence and contacts

Good point.

I just think in any other industry, if you've appointed a number of senior execs with the same profile, and the same skill set and your business is still doing badly, you'd get a mgt consultant in who would advise you to start thinking of alternative strategies.

Since Warnock the only real difference from the grizzled lower league workhorse manager has been Gary Speed...

Good point.

I just think in any other industry, if you've appointed a number of senior execs with the same profile, and the same skill set and your business is still doing badly, you'd get a mgt consultant in who would advise you to start thinking of alternative strategies.

Since Warnock the only real difference from the grizzled lower league workhorse manager has been Gary Speed...

Many businesses have been built by individuals on the back and because of McCabe , Scarborough , and the McCabe business portfolio . A number of individuals helped McCabe business to grow when he had a young family and not a pot to piss in . He has never forgot that . The bloke is honest , gentleman , truthfull , and has integrity in his dealings . This he try's to carryover into the football club , but football does not operate or is run by honest people .

The demise of Leeds United ( which had the original GMI Construction , Landmark connection who still work with Scarborough ) had the same situation with individuals with successful business , football cross over . They got out .

Football is full of rogue chairman , directors , managers , players . We have got it right under Wilder . The problem is we haven't endless investment and perhaps been too honest with our dealings .

Endless a Plc - now that's another interesting story .

UTB

Because foreign players want to pass the ball and play decent football.

whats Alex Sabella up to?

Back
Top Bottom