For the first time this season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Certainly, looking at the team we have (with some exceptions) and given we make a last-minute, unexpected shocker of a front man signing, there is everything to underpin the belief we could at least overhaul Preston, if not the third place spot.

But automatic? Nah. We have to bank on a lot of teams dropping points between now and he end of April and us being consistently good at home and away. I say 'end of April' because that is when the real tipping point is.

I doubt we will have that level of consistency.

pommpey

Current form is looking good :)

Beat Preston and Swindon and drawn with Spurs

Need to keep it going tho or all the good work gets wasted

No chance. Playoffs.

The upshot is the same. We need to try and win every game we play.

UTB
This. It might be a huge gap but all the same, go into every game for 3 points.

I wasn't sure about that today when I saw the line-up but then I remembered the Rotherham game. Kennedy is the difference I swear.

• Banned
For the first time I feel like we will win every game. We've shown in our recent league games that we can beat anyone in this division. With a second string today, we beat the leaders. Get a striker in and there's nothing stopping us at least being unbeaten until the end of the season.

we'll finish third by a point. after selling murphy tomorrow
this time however we will win the playoff

Reactions: Dkc
Aim for as high as possible.

Aim for automatic and we could get 3rd spot. Aim for play offs and we may get 7th position.

I have always believed us to be better chasers that hanger-ons if that makes sense? Nothing changes from that first minute in that first game of the season, if our not out to try and win every single game then you are in the wrong sport! The only thing that is different now is that we heavily rely on what others do.

The thing about Swindon today is that they flapped second half and we had the on the wobble which gives a great amount of confidence that hopefully the pressure will be a bit too much for them and they will drop points. I personally think MK Dons are in a bit of a false position, I know it sounds stupid but I didn't think they were all that good and I think they will drop a few points between now and the end of the season. Brizzle for me seem to have got it going on and I think they will win the league personally.

Who knows. We gave a good chase in the second half of last season and I am confident that we can gain a bit of confidence again and go on another one of those runs. What we get from it who knows. Seems out of our reach at the minute and a good bit of luck required but who knows, funny old game.

We’d need an amazing run like this to finish on 86, which would by no means guarantee automatic

Gillingham V Sheff Utd - W

Sheff Utd V Colchester - W

Bristol City V Sheff Utd - L

Notts County V Sheff Utd - W

Sheff Utd V Coventry - W

Rochdale V Sheff Utd - W

Crawley V Sheff Utd - D

Sheff Utd V Peterborough - W

Sheff Utd V Fleetwood - W

Scunthorpe V Sheff Utd- W

Walsall V Sheff Utd - D

Sheff Utd V Port Vale - W

Sheff Utd V Scunthorpe - D

Sheff Utd V Crewe - W

Barnsley V Sheff Utd - L

Sheff Utd V Doncaster - D

Oldham V Sheff Utd - W

Yeovil V Sheff Utd - W

Sheff Utd V Bradford - W

Leyton Orient V Sheff Utd - W

Sheff Utd V Chesterfield - D

We’d need an amazing run like this to finish on 86, which would by no means guarantee automatic

Sheff Utd V Coventry - W

Rochdale V Sheff Utd - W

Crawley V Sheff Utd - D

Walsall V Sheff Utd - D

Sheff Utd V Crewe - W

Barnsley V Sheff Utd - L

Oldham V Sheff Utd - W

Yeovil V Sheff Utd - W

Sheff Utd V Bradford - W

Forecasting a loss at Barnsley, is that what that tool thing is for?

Sheff Utd V Coventry - W

Rochdale V Sheff Utd - W

Crawley V Sheff Utd - D

Walsall V Sheff Utd - D

Sheff Utd V Crewe - W

Barnsley V Sheff Utd - L

Oldham V Sheff Utd - W

Yeovil V Sheff Utd - W

Sheff Utd V Bradford - W

Illustrates how difficult it will be to get automatic. The 2 losses to Mk Donkeys and losses to Bristol, Swindon and Chesterfield have fucked us up.

However, for once, we could be a side in form going into the playoffs.

The fixtures favour us now, only 2 of the top six (as it stands today) to play and only 8 top half sides.

The fixtures look kind and hopefully we can do our bit. I just can't see 3 from BC, PNE, MKD & ST dropping enough points to let us into 2nd.

Its a shame we've not got BC to play at home.

Realistic finish 4th. Confident of getting above PNE

if we win the first 3 we're right back in it
big ask but hey we're the most contrary team on the planet.. i thought crawley were struggling a bit this season? i'd have to check

I actually believe we can get automatic. It will take one hell of a run, and for those above to slip up, but it's definitely on.

Top two spot is between Bristol City , MK Dons and Swindon. Couple of wins and everybody goes giddy . Top 6 and we will go up in the playoffs. Nobody to fear ,more like.

UTB

If we start on a run then everyone will remember what we did last year. I reckon Clough will just go for it if and when we look odds on for the playoffs. Just need that bit of look to win the next few.

Back
Top Bottom