Footer on Saturday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Canterbury Blade

Reaction score
I'm already committed to coming up this weekend with trains paid for and the mother in law eyeing up sheep to slaughter and now I have no match to go to.

So, anyone know of a match to watch on Saturday?

Quick scan has options with Sheffield FC, Lincoln City and Armthorpe Welfare all being at home..

Anyone know of any other games around Sheffield? Preferably United linked, with a range of ale boozers and on a train route. Up to 50 miles is fine..

Anything the Barnsley side of town will not be considered...

You could always go to Chessy v Wigan! Well they both play in our league and you could do a 'scouting' mission on Wigan and there's plenty of boozers between the station and the ground - and you can walk.

You could always go to Chessy v Wigan! Well they both play in our league and you could do a 'scouting' mission on Wigan and there's plenty of boozers between the station and the ground - and you can walk.
If you have any legs left :)

Through the heart of Chessy village? Niiiice!! :)
I've just looked on good old google maps and it's further than I thought, although there looks to be a few ale houses along Sheffield Road to make the journey more interesting...... might go meself!

When I was a kid, I used to go to the odd chessy game when we weren't playing at home, so I've got a bit of a soft spot for them.

Through the heart of Chessy village? Niiiice!! :)
I've just looked on good old google maps and it's further than I thought, although there looks to be a few ale houses along Sheffield Road to make the journey more interesting...... might go meself!

When I was a kid, I used to go to the odd chessy game when we weren't playing at home, so I've got a bit of a soft spot for them.
Tbh, if I'm not doing anything I could pop down myself, depending on whether club have an home game.

I am slumming it at the Vincenre Calderon this saturday night watching Atletico Madrid play Barcelona and a night in Madrids plaza mayor after the game finishes about half ten then try and sleep on the train at 6 am back to Murrcia , if Im vertical

Sheffield FC is where I'm spending my Saturday afternoon and every available Saturday this season. Always an enjoyable occasion.

I am slumming it at the Vincenre Calderon this saturday night watching Atletico Madrid play Barcelona and a night in Madrids plaza mayor after the game finishes about half ten then try and sleep on the train at 6 am back to Muyrcia , if Im vertical

Bastardio!!

I am slumming it at the Vincenre Calderon this saturday night watching Atletico Madrid play Barcelona and a night in Madrids plaza mayor after the game finishes about half ten then try and sleep on the train at 6 am back to Murrcia , if Im vertical

Love Madrid, went there in March but unfortunately with the missus :) and couldn't persuade her that it would be great to see the Madrid derby. Would recommend the Plaza Santa Ana for a drink - less commercial than Mayor. Go in the big white hotel to the roof bar for an amazing view of the city.

saw atletico hammer real last season fabulous atmosphere and always tight games with Barca
its 2 hours and a half on train and only costs 24 euros, get free car parking at San Isidro train station 20 minutes from Murcia

How much were the tickets for the game? I priced them up at around 80 euro each.

How much were the tickets for the game? I priced them up at around 80 euro each.
they are off scalpers and ticket sites , bought mine at the atletico supporters club bar in Cartagena for 28 euros last week , you can pay on the gate if theres any left for 36 añways avoid people selling you bargain tickets outside grounds they are making double the cost
all web sites you get in uk are premium sites
clubs here run point schemes
season tickets are really good , elche were 255 for the season before they were relegated for tax evasion

Love Madrid, went there in March but unfortunately with the missus :) and couldn't persuade her that it would be great to see the Madrid derby. Would recommend the Plaza Santa Ana for a drink - less commercial than Mayor. Go in the big white hotel to the roof bar for an amazing view of the city.

meeting some friends in plaza mayor then doing the bodegas in the surrounding area that do free tapas , weve found some crackers ,
this one for starters
http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/bodega-de-la-ardosa-madrid

In reply to the OP.

England play San Marino at 5pm don't they and there should be a good few goals in that one surely? If it was me I would be hitting one of the Ale trails and looking to finish of in a decent boozer to watch that game.

I'm already committed to coming up this weekend with trains paid for and the mother in law eyeing up sheep to slaughter and now I have no match to go to.

So, anyone know of a match to watch on Saturday?

Quick scan has options with Sheffield FC, Lincoln City and Armthorpe Welfare all being at home..

Anyone know of any other games around Sheffield? Preferably United linked, with a range of ale boozers and on a train route. Up to 50 miles is fine..

Anything the Barnsley side of town will not be considered...

Derby or Forest at home?

Back
Top Bottom