Football heaven back.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SandyMcBlade

Bennyandtheblades
Reaction score
On Monday.
OK, not everybody's cup of tea and often quite embarrassing but it's the next big step back from the suspended animation of the closed season to the hyper tense roller coaster of emotions we call the football season ...

Wake up everybody and carefully choose which article of clothing or ritual you will have to wear/repeat on every match day before each game to keep any winning run we will be on running...

PS
Anybody got any good ones I can use.....
UTB...

Are they doing the live one from Hallam uni? I went to a couple of those and thought they were pretty good.

And if you can smuggle some shots in it would be an awesome game of Adkins bingo as we move forwards at this moment in time etc

Radio Sheffield is good coverage. Presenters get paid peanuts and for my money the coverage they give is excellent. Long may it continue - vital for exiles!

Totally agree. It's easy to find fault with things and on occasion each of the presenters annoy me; several of the callers frequently do. But, it's still great to have a dedicated football show 5 nights a week, warts & all.

If you add the match coverage to that with 'Praise or Grumble' ,then we don't do bad.

You need to get into cricket pal. Then you won't miss football at all, like me! #ashesfever

You need to get into cricket pal. Then you won't miss football at all, like me! #ashesfever

Personally, love them both, but I still miss the footy season.

What a series this is turning out to be though. Ours to lose but Jimmy will be a big loss.

Totally agree. It's easy to find fault with things and on occasion each of the presenters annoy me; several of the callers frequently do. But, it's still great to have a dedicated football show 5 nights a week, warts & all.

If you add the match coverage to that with 'Praise or Grumble' ,then we don't do bad.

Sometimes is so bad its good . Certainly becomes compulsive listening , a bit like watching Coronation Street or East Enders , but with your ears not eyes.

Its like a open fans forum and in a daft way , ive missed it . Looking forward to it coming back , and it means the new season is here.

You cannot knock the presenters for there dedication ( and patience ).

UTB

Like the Green 'Un, it's had its day. Biased to the pigs, idiot callers who always seem to get on (Brian the Blade, Pitsmoor Owl etc.) and amaturism personified. Sure, coverage of local teams is to be welcomed, but does it have to be done in a 'Chorley FM -stylee'?

Like the Green 'Un, it's had its day. Biased to the pigs, idiot callers who always seem to get on (Brian the Blade, Pitsmoor Owl etc.) and amaturism personified. Sure, coverage of local teams is to be welcomed, but does it have to be done in a 'Chorley FM -stylee'?

It has had its day and needs a complete make over ,but what is the alternative . Its local radio , and with BBC cut backs , its as good as we are going to get . If they got rid , it would leave a big 6 whilst 7 hole , and we would have nowt to moan about , with the poor presenters , and phone in , pain in the arses , like the two you mention . In saying that , blade David from Bolton talks sense . It also keeps them out of the area , in touch with all things blades , as does this forum.

UTB.

And if you can smuggle some shots in it would be an awesome game of Adkins bingo as we move forwards at this moment in time etc

"Really happy to be here, in Sheffield, at Hallam University — a fantastic university — and look at the turnout here, it's excellent. I've already met with some of the Blades here today — I'm having individual meetings with all of them. I can't really talk about what's gone on before I joined, but I've got to say that since I got here Brian the Blade — wow! What a sense of self-importance that lad's got — his attitude has been great from Day 1"

Last edited:
several of the callers frequently do.
there's one who calls a lot but never goes to the games - always says "I've not been to the game - but my son has" like that qualifies him to comment on a game he's not seen

Radio Sheffield is good coverage. Presenters get paid peanuts and for my money the coverage they give is excellent. Long may it continue - vital for exiles!

it's a lot better than 606 IMO, some of the premier league "glory" fans on there are way more irritating even than Brian the Blade - believe you me ;)

If you add the match coverage to that ...
that's the thing I miss out on as an exile in West Yorks, can't get the radio coverage so I listen via the web and they won't broadcast the matches for contractual reasons. Wondering if I should try the dark internet ;)

Yes I know it has its critics but I think vital for all our local clubs because with majority in the lower leagues outside of radio Sheffield we'd have to put up with 30secs of highlights every week because in national press if your not in premier league you don't exist

To have all games (bar odd missed one) home & away is fantastic & Keith Edwards is a great pundit does hold back & usually right

Last edited:
I personally think it gets a hard time, in a Radio show totally dedicated to South Yorkshire clubs what other broadcasting outlet would be the slightest bit interested in us other than them. On the bias point, I think it's about right myself United and Wednesday get equal air time because they have similar fan bases and the smaller clubs get less.

I'll be honest , I think it's an alright show , some of the mugs that get on it are a pain , especially the ones
that state the pig see-saw quote , but for us not resident in Sheff , I think its a good program,
that gives a balanced view , unlike the stir , and it's praise of all things pig .

Back
Top Bottom